Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School
(01-21-2019, 09:40 PM)Dill Wrote: I was capable of dumb things at 16 as well (if that is what you meant by praising Trump at 16).

I imagine a number of the kids in the video will come to feel embarassed about their behavior. The school will certainly encourage that.

The kid who was in the Native American drummer's face might go in a very different direction, as he is getting hate mail and the like. It may harden him against "the left."

Especially if "the Left" keep framing it as the kid was in the Elder's face; simply because the Elder approached him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
The only reason that this is a story is the MAGA hat. If he had been wearing a vagina hat, you would never have heard of this situation. If you believe that a picture is worth 1000 words, the the hat and the smug stare at an old Native man make for a great photo.

Even further, had the young man been a young woman in a vagina hat, the media would portray her as a hero. The narrative would be that she’s a brave young woman who stood up to an older man trying to intimidate her.
(01-21-2019, 09:46 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The only reason that this is a story is the MAGA hat. If he had been wearing a vagina hat, you would never have heard of this situation. If you believe that a picture is worth 1000 words, the the hat and the smug stare at an old Native man make for a great photo.

Even further, had the young man been a young woman in a vagina hat, the media would portray her as a hero. The narrative would be that she’s a brave young woman who stood up to an older man trying to intimidate her.

I'm not sure this is a story but whatever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(01-21-2019, 09:56 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not sure this is a story but whatever.

Of course it's a story and it's because of bigots like some in this forum. The kid and his family have received death threats, them and their families have been slurred, and been drug over the coals simply because the child stood there and did nothing. 

The thing that isn't a story; is what the Black Hebrews did at the meeting. I wonder why. 

(01-21-2019, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Especially if "the Left" keep framing it as the kid was in the Elder's face; simply because the Elder approached him. 

A few of the national news stations are coming out and apologizing!  

JUSTICE!!!!!!!

A lot of damage has been done, though.
(01-21-2019, 09:42 PM)Dill Wrote: Didn't realize you were Native American. LMAO   Know any good 49er songs?   

Not Native American, I am a Todd Rundgranan.

Our mutual love of playing drums as the solution for all situations often gets us confused with each other, though. So no hard feelings Dill.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(01-21-2019, 09:46 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The only reason that this is a story is the MAGA hat. If he had been wearing a vagina hat, you would never have heard of this situation.

I dunno. If they had wore pink vag hats, I think there would have been a lot of media on that. A different kind of media attention, but definitely a lot of it! Wink
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(01-21-2019, 10:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The thing that isn't a story; is what the Black Hebrews did at the meeting. I wonder why. 

For the left: because they already ran with the story And blamed it on the right.

For the right: because they'd have to ask why in two hours no chaperone or other adult handled the situation, why some kids we're chanting "build that Wall" and why a bunch of kids in maga hats we're navigated in front of religious extremists. 
(01-21-2019, 11:40 PM)Benton Wrote: For the left: because they already ran with the story And blamed it on the right.

For the right: because they'd have to ask why in two hours no chaperone or other adult handled the situation, why some kids we're chanting "build that Wall" and why a bunch of kids in maga hats we're navigated in front of religious extremists. 

As I said earlier; the youths were very restrained given the situation and provocation. I attribute that to adults handling it be it on seen or in their value system. What situation needed to "be handled"? 

I've also heard it disputed that the kids chanted "build the wall". Do you have ant link that shows this to be fact?

"navigated in front of religious extremists"!! This forum is the gift that keeps on giving.

Anyone else seen things about the Covington kids in blackface and taunting a black basketball player from an opposing school as well as players using what some claim is a hand sign indicating "white power"? I have just seen bits and pieces because I can't avoid it in my Twitter feed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-22-2019, 12:03 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anyone else seen things about the Covington kids in blackface and taunting a black basketball player from an opposing school as well as players using what some claim is a hand sign indicating "white power"? I have just seen bits and pieces because I can't avoid it in my Twitter feed.

I haven't and have 0 idea why you would ask it in this thread. Never mind...I do. 

I did see a story about a white basketball team cancelling an appearance in an MLK tournament; so as to not to offend. 

(01-22-2019, 12:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I haven't and have 0 idea why you would ask it in this thread. Never mind...I do. 

I did see a story about a white basketball team cancelling an appearance in an MLK tournament; so as to not to offend. 

Because the thread is about Covington HS students and the8r portrayal in the media. I mean, I thought it was pretty on topic.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-22-2019, 12:22 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Because the thread is about Covington HS students and the8r portrayal in the media. I mean, I thought it was pretty on topic.

As I said: I know full well why you asked the question. It appears the incident you are referring to happened 7 years ago because a team whose primary color is black had a couple kids painted black and folks called it black face. 

To be honest, you should be ashamed. You won't and don't feel you should. 

(01-22-2019, 12:03 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anyone else seen things about the Covington kids in blackface and taunting a black basketball player from an opposing school as well as players using what some claim is a hand sign indicating "white power"? I have just seen bits and pieces because I can't avoid it in my Twitter feed.

Welcome to Kentucky. I haven't heard that about Covington, but it's been a problem for years where almost all white schools have "white out" nights on nights where their teams are playing schools with large minority populations. Like the black out nights, except kids where all white and make up signs like "if you're in white you're all right"
(01-22-2019, 12:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: I know full well why you asked the question. It appears the incident you are referring to happened 7 years ago because a team whose primary color is black had a couple kids painted black and folks called it black face. 

To be honest, you should be ashamed. You won't and don't feel you should. 

You're right, I don't feel ashamed and don't see why i should. I see bits and pieces of stories and mention them here to see if anyone else has heard about them, expecting to get a better understanding from folks here than the hyper-reactionary land of Twitter. You can just **** right off with you self-righteous bullshit accusations. You have a grand time making assumptions about my motives whuch just shows you're being no better than those you claim to be against, jumping to conclusions and being intolerant.

**** right off.

(01-22-2019, 12:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're right, I don't feel ashamed and don't see why i should. I see bits and pieces of stories and mention them here to see if anyone else has heard about them, expecting to get a better understanding from folks here than the hyper-reactionary land of Twitter. You can just **** right off with you self-righteous bullshit accusations. You have a grand time making assumptions about my motives whuch just shows you're being no better than those you claim to be against, jumping to conclusions and being intolerant.

**** right off.

The obvious thing you missed, is that you just supported the MSM stance you and SSF were talking about earlier....

" I heard these kids have committed racist acts in the past...don't have any proof, and don't quote me..but I heard it"

As I said: You and I both know full well why you brought it up. Save the ***** for someone else. 

(01-22-2019, 12:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The obvious thing you missed, is that you just supported the MSM stance you and SSF were talking about earlier....

" I heard these kids have committed racist acts in the past...don't have any proof, and don't quote me..but I heard it"

As I said: You and I both know full well why you brought it up. Save the ***** for someone else. 

And yet again you make assumptions about my motives. I post something wanting to learn more and somehiw that is nefarious. Yeah, go **** yourself. You have zero high ground in any conversation about this.

(01-21-2019, 11:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said earlier; the youths were very restrained given the situation and provocation. I attribute that to adults handling it be it on seen or in their value system. What situation needed to "be handled"? 

I've also heard it disputed that the kids chanted "build the wall". Do you have ant link that shows this to be fact?

"navigated in front of religious extremists"!! This forum is the gift that keeps on giving.

The remarks from the religious extremists needed to "be handled." Either by alerting law enforcement or getting the kids out of the environment. 

There's a video of it. You should give it a watch. There's also a couple times where the kids (or, in fairness, it could just be the same kid at different parts) saying "you can't move him" which goes against the theory that they weren't trying to block the guy. 
(01-22-2019, 12:43 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: And yet again you make assumptions about my motives. I post something wanting to learn more and somehiw that is nefarious. Yeah, go **** yourself. You have zero high ground in any conversation about this.

At least you drew Benton in. Take solace in that.