Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lewis Out!!
(12-31-2018, 12:59 PM)thillan Wrote: You CANNOT go 3-36-1 in the NFL as a HC. I don't care what your excuses are. That is completely unacceptable. Every time he has left, players have been happy he's gone. Why in the world would it be different here?

He went 8-8 in Oakland...so there is that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:43 PM)bengals67 Wrote: This is only step one.

This is what I was going to post. Mike Brown just did Step 1 in the 12 Step program, but he also did this back in 2002. It is a good step but needs to be followed up. 

Someone posted the Steelers can put Merv in their ring of honor - that is funny shit. 

Zimmer just came out and said he will not retire or re-sign and he has 1 year left ...hmmm...
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Holy shit! I just can't believe it....I'll truly relish every last bite of this delicious crow.  The old Miser got tired of the empty seats I guess.

"Ding, dong, the witch is dead!" 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Thanks Marvin for everything you did to get us out of the dark ages. Wish you could have had more postseason success. It was time for a change but things won’t really change here until the changes happen at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
An already somber day in Shitsburgh gets progressively worse.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:50 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: At this moment, Hue is 100% likely the new HC by default.  If he would have been out of the equation, the news at NFL.com would have been, MARVIN & HUE OUT.  Wasted Wasted

Hue was only here as a consultant so likely not even 'here' at the moment, so no reason to fire him so to speak. 

IF, and this is a huge IF, Mikey was actually concerned about the attendance issues, there is no way he is dumb enough to bring Hue in. Hue is toxic. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
First of all, I really would like to thank Marvin Lewis for bringing the Bengals out of the dark ages of the 1990's. Recent performance aside, he's been a solid coach and in many ways did the impossible of bringing respectability back to this franchise during the 2000's. Those of us who remember (or actually, trying to forget) those dark ages probably thought they would never end but thankfully they did when Lewis was hired. I vividly remember in 2005 watching, through tears, the Bengals clinch their first playoff spot since 1990 and seeing Marvin Lewis' serious face as he was getting a Gatorade shower from Carson Palmer. The Bengals were up big on the Lions at the time, but Lewis was still coaching. He didn't crack a smile or goof around and he had every right to do so. He still kept coaching a game in which was already won and a playoff spot already clinched. I thought to myself, finally the Bengals have a legitimate coach and a much better future. He's had a lot of successes playing for an owner who pinches pennies and was also the victim of some bad luck (Palmer injury, Chris Henry death, Odell Thurman, Dalton injury, all the injuries in the playoff game against the Colts and Texans, etc.).

Secondly, I hate anyone losing a job no matter who they are or what they did. It was time for Lewis to move on though. If they promote Hue as coach, I am not going to be happy and will think the move of firing Lewis was dumb. I don't mind Jackson being on the staff, but, it's time for new, fresh blood to take over the reigns. I really hope Mike Brown isn't going to take the lazy route and hire from within. They need an outside perspective and I will include Mike Zimmer as someone who can provide that should the Vikings let him go.

In any case, I wish Marvin Lewis well in the future and thank him for his work here and in the community. I do echo everyone else by saying "Don't **** this up Mike". Maybe let Katie spearhead this initiative?
Reply/Quote
With 8 coaching vacancies the Bengals front office may need to think outside the box. Lincoln Riley anyone?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:36 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote:  I always thought his heart was in the right place but ultimately he just didn't have what it takes to get a Mike Brown owned team to the next level.  

No. He had the talent to get that done quite a few times. Marvin was head over rosters that a good coach  could have easily gotten a freaking PO win if not a SB. Yes he had some bad luck with his Qb's in 05 and 15 i'll give him that. In this case the PT performance when the teams were healthy speaks loudest.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:59 PM)thillan Wrote: You CANNOT go 3-36-1 in the NFL as a HC. I don't care what your excuses are. That is completely unacceptable. Every time he has left, players have been happy he's gone. Why in the world would it be different here?

They were not at Oakland.. he got the shaft after a 8-8 season after a 8-28 previous 3 seasons, that was a GM/Owner thing, if I remember players were upset he was let go..  8 seasons of the previous 11 before Hue at Cleveland they won 5 or less games.. they were terrible for a long time.. and they finally turned it around this year.. well that is 4 drafts with Hue so give him credit there and again i believe a couple kicks and no Haley.. he actually still maybe coaching in Cleveland.. 

I am not rooting for Hue but today is less about who we hire but that we moved on from Lewis... 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:05 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Thanks Marvin for everything you did to get us out of the dark ages.  Wish you could have had more postseason success.  It was time for a change but things won’t really change here until the changes happen at the top.

Agreed.   He did a great deal for the franchise, but this needed to happen.  He's a fine man and a great defensive coordinator.  And in many ways for the Bengals a fine head coach.  I wish him well.
Reply/Quote
I hope they clean house and let the coach they hire get his own guys.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:08 PM)Synric Wrote: With 8 coaching vacancies the Bengals front office may need to think outside the box. Lincoln Riley anyone?

Not leaving
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:02 PM)McC Wrote: Review many candidates?  Seriously?  Well, knock me over with a feather.

Yeah, I loved reading that. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:06 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Hue was only here as a consultant so likely not even 'here' at the moment, so no reason to fire him so to speak. 

IF, and this is a huge IF, Mikey was actually concerned about the attendance issues, there is no way he is dumb enough to bring Hue in. Hue is toxic. 

You would think this would be the case, but you just don’t know.

Reply/Quote
I can see Hue at HC and Joseph at DC, if Brown is still delusional enough to believe the team is close and the window is still open.

If Brown thinks a rebuild is needed, then he’d probably go outside the organization and Marv coaching tree.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Holy shit! I just can't believe it....I'll truly relish every last bite of this delicious crow.  The old Miser got tired of the empty seats I guess.

"Ding, dong, the witch is dead!" 

The House just fell on the "wicked witch of the east" yet the "wicked witch of the west" still owns the team and may hire an even lesser witch to replace Marv.

This could still implode from here...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:10 PM)GodFather Wrote: I hope they clean house and let the coach they hire get his own guys.

This is what SHOULD happen, but it won't. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:08 PM)Synric Wrote: With 8 coaching vacancies the Bengals front office may need to think outside the box. Lincoln Riley anyone?

If he is leaving you got to think it is to go to Cleveland with Baker....unless Murray comes out and maybe we make a play on him? Otherwise I agree outside the box may be the way to go just not sure where that may be. I honestly think they will call Urban even though he said he is done because of him and his wife's ties to Cincinnati. Not saying he'd be interested but I think they will ask.
Reply/Quote
I wish it was Mike Brown who has been the problem for the past 30 years

Reply/Quote