Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin is Back thru 2019
Just ridiculous...supposedly were going to get rid of assistant coaches..cough cough Paul Alexander
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:10 PM)Steve Wrote: you WISH....
but you're not going to get your way....

I think the steelers, ravens & browns have room for you on their band wagon....
see ya... Hilarious

i'm glad Marvin's back....imo, he gives us the best chance to win....
if you want to attack me, go ahead....
I DON'T CARE.... ThumbsUp
You have no idea what football is ThumbsUp just a absolute newb too anything called football. You wouldn't trade LOSER marvin for Belichik and Brady if you had the chance Ninja  
Reply/Quote
I'd be willing to bet that part of the logic behind this move was the fear of Marvin luring away the best FA players and coaches to another franchise.  

He's had 15 years to coach better, evolve with the game, coach the team to a world championship, all of what he said that he wants to do, and hasn't gotten it done.  I don't see how anyone could make the decision to bring him back based on anything but fear of utter embarrassment.
Reply/Quote
Does it really matter who the head coach is? Honestly? Mike Brown is the problem, he proved it again today. You want quality free agents? Good luck with that. We resign our own? Tell that to Johnathan Joseph, Marvin Jones, Andrew Whitworth, Kevin Zeitler, etc. You want Paul Alexander gone? Only if that's what Mike Brown wants, because he sure doesn't care what you want. You want to protest? or boycott? How about more urinal cakes? Been there, done that, doesn't work, falls on deaf ears. I love it when Mike Brown gives one of those speeches, and he has givin' many, where he states," We hear you loud and clear." What a joke. These aren't your Cincinnati Bengals, they are Mike Brown's Cincinnati Bengals and he just proved it again today 100% and don't you ever forget it.
Reply/Quote
I've been more of a Marvin supporter because of the teams and rosters he has put together during the Dalton Era. That said I felt it was time for a fresh atmosphere I'm Cincy.

...but from what I'm reading about the Marvin extention a big reason it happened was thr overall player support. If his players want him back who am I to argue.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:44 PM)Benton Wrote: Oh, no.

Not firing Marvin two months ago was being shot and left to bleed out. Mike just came back and ****ed you in the bullet hole.

Yes. You are right.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Talk is he demanded a new offensive staff. At least that's what Hobs was pointing to

If that's true, and Alexander goes, then I'll be happy.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:33 AM)Synric Wrote: I've been more of a Marvin supporter because of the teams and rosters he has put together during the Dalton Era. That said I felt it was time for a fresh atmosphere I'm Cincy.

...but from what I'm reading about the Marvin extention a big reason it happened was thr overall player support. If his players want him back who am I to argue.

Of course the players want him back. Under anyone else, there would be discipline and repercussions for bad play. They don’t have to worry about that with Marvin.

Reply/Quote
Such an uninspiring way to finish a disappointing year. 

Is it the worst thing that could happen? ...no...Marv going and promoting someone like Simmons from within would have been the worst of both worlds.

But its just such an average and conservative way to move forward plus it was handled abysmally....seriously seeing as it was clearly always going to work out this way why not get it resolved at the start of the season rather than have this drama at the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
I believe the end of Marvin's new contract coincides with the end of Dalton's.

So what quarterback will Marvin be drafting in 2020 for his fourth rebuild?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:47 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I believe the end of Marvin's new contract coincides with the end of Dalton's.

I joked a few years ago about saying that we may as well keep Marvin around for the 3rd rebuild of his career if/when Dalton and Green go the Palmer and Chad route.  Joked, I did.  It was only supposed to be a joke....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 09:47 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I believe the end of Marvin's new contract coincides with the end of Dalton's.

I do t think he will.

I think this is Marvin’s last run. I think he’s supposed to build the team (again) and groom his own replacement. I think mike wants a long term plan in place so he can hand the team over with a clear conscience.

Totally just my opinion and based off nothing, but it’s the direction I felt we were going all year. This is Marvin’s two week notice... it just happens to be two years.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The "Steve" thing doesn't fool anyone, Mike. Mellow

I have to agree with Steve. The responses on this board are amusing. Looking forward to all of the "fans" leaving the discussion groups as they promise. But, of course, we all know they will be back full of bitterness and vitriol.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:47 AM)Chezaugie Wrote: I have to agree with Steve. The responses on this board are amusing. Looking forward to all of the "fans" leaving the discussion groups as they promise. But, of course, we all know they will be back full of bitterness and vitriol.

Gee, where could that ever come from?

People taking this silly stand just don't understand the process.  As a fan of this circus, venting is a necessary evil.   Only the new arrivals and the clueless don't get this.

So, eat Mike's crap if you want.  That's your right.  Passing judgment on others is not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:33 AM)Synric Wrote: I've been more of a Marvin supporter because of the teams and rosters he has put together during the Dalton Era. That said I felt it was time for a fresh atmosphere I'm Cincy.

Players want him back because they're comfortable with him. Isn't that the same reason Mikey wants him back? The last thing you want after consecutive losing seasons is comfort. This whole team needs to be very uncomfortable with their situation. Nothing motivates more than feeling your job is at stake.

(01-03-2018, 08:47 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Of course the players want him back. Under anyone else, there would be discipline and repercussions for bad play. They don’t have to worry about that with Marvin.

Bingo.

(01-03-2018, 11:47 AM)Benton Wrote: I do t think he will.

I think this is Marvin’s last run. I think he’s supposed to build the team (again) and groom his own replacement. I think mike wants a long term plan in place so he can hand the team over with a clear conscience.

Totally just my opinion and based off nothing, but it’s the direction I felt we were going all year. This is Marvin’s two week notice... it just happens to be two years.

Wasn't that supposed to happen with Hue? So what...we have to find a perfect in-house replacement candidate, and hope that he isn't plucked from the staff before Marv's contract expires? Or hope that Marv is in the mood to hand over the keys? Seems hopeless. If we win, coaches will be plucked. If we lose, we won't want the in-house candidates.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:09 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Totally stunned at this news, I was really hoping that we were getting a new HC and possibly MB stepping down after the death of his brother.
How can we now expect a player that we wasted the 9th overall pick on come pout and want to play for a HC who has admitted he didn't want
Everyone is talking about what promises MB has given ML to get him to sign up but I watched Marv's presser the other day and to me it sounded like Marv was desperate to stay and MB was thinking about it, Maybe it was Marv that has given MB promises for another couple of years to build up his retirement fund.
I can just imagine the conversation during the meeting went like :-
Marv to Mike, Please can I have another contract? Please, Please? I promise you that
1, I will be named HC but you can pick the team.
2. You choose all our drafts picks.
3. you pick the plays during the game.
4 You don't need to spend a penny in free agency.
5 You can choose all my assistant coaches and I will work with who ever you want and finally.
6 I will tell everyone that none of this is your fault, you are the greatest owner in NFL history and you are desperate to win the SB next year, then I wi;ll just giggle and clap when I get a difficult question.
I've followed the Bengals since the first started showing highlights on the tv here in Scotland in 1982 but I don't know how long I can go on with this.
I have family that stay close to Vegas, maybe I will start following the Raider before there move

Do yourself a favor and jump ship.....no need in you going through it, although there are several of us like you that began following this team before that poster child for abortion showed up to "run the show". Pissed 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:47 AM)Chezaugie Wrote: I have to agree with Steve. The responses on this board are amusing. Looking forward to all of the "fans" leaving the discussion groups as they promise. But, of course, we all know they will be back full of bitterness and vitriol.

Not many are saying they'll leave the discussion groups.  A lot are saying they are stepping down their support, not going to spend ANY money on the team, and not going to watch every game.  Some are going full boycott, and some are stepping away for good.  Im' not sure why you, Steve, and a few other guys aren't grasping the words being typed.

I also don't see why fans keep enabling Mike Brown in this shit.  Remember when the Lions had Matt Millen as GM, and the fans were outraged over his longevity in spite of all the losing?  Guess what, their fans did what many fans here are talking about.....even to the point of staging a walkout during a televised game.  That's putting pressure on ownership to make change.  Changes that NEED to be made.  Matt Millen was axed shortly after all of that, maybe it's enough to get Ebenezer to do the same here.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:47 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Of course the players want him back. Under anyone else, there would be discipline and repercussions for bad play. They don’t have to worry about that with Marvin.

This.....and a lot of these pukes wouldn't be on an NFL roster if not for Merv and his Tenured Bums.....of course, we're being pretty liberal with the term "NFL roster" here.....

Reply/Quote
Just heard on a podcast that Marvin said we have an "outstanding quarterback" (Umm, I mean he's above average in terms of current QBs, but not outstanding) and a "tremendous group of WRs" (What?! We have ONE THREAT.)

This just shows me that nothing is going to change. He must believe Lafell is still a great #2.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping that when I woke up this morning, I would have read something about a typo and that Merv isn't being retained.... Oh well I might as well go back to dreaming Jennifer Anniston is having her way with me!!
Reply/Quote