Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(06-29-2022, 10:51 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Right because police have never instigated a response. Gotta justify those military surplus purchases somehow.

Not that I'd expect a cop to hold a cop accountable. 

Just a few bad apples am I right?

Again, it's sad that you can be manipulated so thoroughly by well edited and out of context footage from media outlets reporting "fiery but mostly peaceful protests."  You go right ahead and have your newly implanted opinion.  I can tell you over ten incidents in which I was there first hand which the media liberally lied about to make law enforcement look bad.  
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 11:07 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Again, it's sad that you can be manipulated so thoroughly by well edited and out of context footage from media outlets reporting "fiery but mostly peaceful protests."  You go right ahead and have your newly implanted opinion.  I can tell you over ten incidents in which I was there first hand which the media liberally lied about to make law enforcement look bad.  

I'm sure you can.

I'll even be willing to bet Rodney King is one of them.

Sorry - the words of a Cali cop talking about how great cops are fall on deaf ears these days.

And it ain't the media changing my mind on this - not that me saying that will convince you, and I don't care if it does at this point. It's literally the actions of cops.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 11:22 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm sure you can.

I'll even be willing to bet Rodney King is one of them.

One of the most obnoxious things ever posted here.  You're literally in Brad territory here.

Quote:Sorry - the words of a Cali cop talking about how great cops are fall on deaf ears these days.

And it ain't the media changing my mind on this - not that me saying that will convince you, and I don't care if it does at this point. It's literally the actions of cops.

Sorry to hear that.  Of course, you're not here, you don't actually see anything that you're not shown by design so I can comfortably discount your opinion.  It's all good though.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 11:47 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: One of the most obnoxious things ever posted here.  You're literally in Brad territory here.

Sorry to hear that.  Of course, you're not here, you don't actually see anything that you're not shown by design so I can comfortably discount your opinion.  It's all good though.

So that's a 'I was going to say that but you stole my thunder' response if I've ever seen one.

Believe it or not, people can actually branch out and get information that isn't cherry picked by the media. First hand accounts, live streams, hell even police admissions on occasion. 

I'm sure it hurts your ego that people stopped licking the boots of police since the people started recording everything they do and can post that shit for the world to see. But you're directing your angst at the wrong people.

Then again, the police forces of this country literally recruit those not so inclined to critical thinking.

Now I'm sure you have some women or a minority to harass so I'll let you get to it. I'm gonna go to lunch.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 11:54 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So that's a 'I was going to say that but you stole my thunder' response if I've ever seen one.

Believe it or not, people can actually branch out and get information that isn't cherry picked by the media. First hand accounts, live streams, hell even police admissions on occasion. 

I'm sure it hurts your ego that people stopped licking the boots of police since the people started recording everything they do and can post that shit for the world to see. But you're directing your angst at the wrong people.

Then again, the police forces of this country literally recruit those not so inclined to critical thinking.

Now I'm sure you have some women or a minority to harass so I'll let you get to it. I'm gonna go to lunch.

Yup, both feet firmly planted in Brad territory.  Sad.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yup, both feet firmly planted in Brad territory.  Sad.

Subtle differences; I'm irritated by a violation of human and religious rights.

Brad gets irritated when Fox tells him to.

You get irritated when anyone dare try to hold police accountable for their bullshit.

Everyone has flaws.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:09 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Subtle differences; I'm irritated by a violation of human and religious rights.

Brad gets irritated when Fox tells him to.

And you apparently get irritated by what left wing media and heavily edited clips tell you.

Quote:You get irritated when anyone dare try to hold police accountable for their bullshit.

Incorrect.  I get irritated when law enforcement is unfairly vilified.  Please find an instance in which law enforcement was clearly in the wrong that I defended, of got "irritated" with others for calling it out.  I'll help you a bit here, don't waste your time trying to find something that doesn't exist.

Quote:Everyone has flaws.

Indeed.  
Reply/Quote
I think people who obviously hate the police should be able to place their names on a "Do not respond" list, kind of like a DNR, where they get no police response to anything. Let's see how much is real, and how much is blather, by the number of people willing to sign up.
Reply/Quote
I've met quite a few cops over the years. Most were good cops, a couple were not so good. And I think that characterizes the profession overall (and just about every other profession, for that matter). But I do have to say that I have NEVER met a cop who I would label as "cowardly". It just isn't a characteristic common for people going into that job. And for those going into that line of work who may have that character flaw, I'm pretty sure they would get weeded out during the training process. Those few cops I've met who I would characterize as "bad" had different flaws (moral shortcomings, racist views, drug issues, etc.), but not cowardice.

Overall, the vast majority cops I've met have been good people who want to do what they believe is the 'right thing' in almost all circumstances. They want to be on the 'right side', which they view as the side of law & order. And, guess what? Society generally agrees that that is the 'right side', because you need laws and some degree of order to even have a society. Otherwise, you get clowns storming your Capital based upon rumors and innuendo, right.

I imagine that it was pretty damn hard for those law enforcement people outside that school. I imagine that everyone of them had the instinct to go in and engage. That would have been my instinct to. That's why I suspect the only thing that kept them from going in would have been instructions from higher up or policy and procedure, such as secure the perimeter first, etc.

Cops like to address their own issues and keep things 'in house'. I get that. Bad publicity and bad optics tend to get blown up out of proportion. Let's say you have a force of 1000 cops working 365 days a year. And everyday they all come in and do their jobs professionally and ethically. And they do this year after year. They don't get much if any recognition for that fact from the public or the media. But let's say you have one incident one day out of one year where a cop does something like uses excessive force (that happened to a friend of mine, and the standards for something being considered excessive are far lower than you might think regardless of what you see on TV). The media flocks to that one incident and public opinion sours on the department as a whole. 999 people on the force have done the right thing every time 365 days a years for decades. One incident from one guy impacts them all. For whatever the one guy did, it's not right that it should reflect on the rest of the force. Yet, just about every department has it happen to them at some point.

Back in the early 90's, my friend, Scotty, was part of a team of three cops that moved in to apprehend a robbery suspect. The guy was a big dude and was clearly doped up on something (a PCP/crack mix they would find out later). He decided to fight with them. It was a tough fight because of his size and the drugs, but they took him to ground and pinned him. Scotty was on his back and had his right arm pinned while another cop pinned his lower body and legs. The third cop secured his left arm and was preparing to cuff the guy. The guy was flailing wildly with his head trying to butt Scotty. Then he turned around his head as far as he could and spit in Scott's face. Scotty took his free hand grabbed the guy's hair and slammed his face on the floor, which is absolutely what I would have done too. Unfortunately, despite what you have seen on TV and the movies, you aren't allowed to do that. Some sort of observer from the prosecutor's office was with them and reported the incident. The guy's lawyer filed a complaint, the prosecutor's office dropped charges in a deal with them, and Scotty was placed on administrative leave and later fired because of the incident. Scotty went on to become a fireman, and a pretty darn good one, and worked part time with my office. He's not a bad guy. This was certainly a situation that I would consider as 'extreme circumstances'. But the point of this whole story is that the rules cops have to follow and the standards they have are a lot more stricter than folks generally know about.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: And you apparently get irritated by what left wing media and heavily edited clips tell you.

Incorrect.  I get irritated when law enforcement is unfairly vilified.  Please find an instance in which law enforcement was clearly in the wrong that I defended, of got "irritated" with others for calling it out.  I'll help you a bit here, don't waste your time trying to find something that doesn't exist.

Indeed.  

Your rebuttal to everything is 'left wing media'. It's as trite as your defense of shit head cops.

As to Sled's nonsense - sign me the **** up. The only time I relied on cops, I had to do their job for them to catch the perp.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 04:45 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Your rebuttal to everything is 'left wing media'. It's as trite as your defense of shit head cops.

As to Sled's nonsense - sign me the **** up. The only time I relied on cops, I had to do their job for them to catch the perp.

[Image: keyboard_commando_by_plognark_d27cpr6-fu...07EkJSCY_M]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 05:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: keyboard_commando_by_plognark_d27cpr6-fu...07EkJSCY_M]

Not sure where I asked for a selfie, but you do you Boo-Boo.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 04:45 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Your rebuttal to everything is 'left wing media'. It's as trite as your defense of shit head cops.

You'll forgive me, when someone regurgitates trite and overused left wing media talking points I add one to one and end up with two.

[Image: 59917273-055d-47db-9d70-dbc1eab5a8cf_text.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 06:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You'll forgive me, when someone regurgitates trite and overused left wing media talking points I add one to one and end up with two.

[Image: 59917273-055d-47db-9d70-dbc1eab5a8cf_text.gif]

Oh look - back to same old tired bag of tricks.

You stuff your fist in there many more times it'll start to resemble your vagina after the truckers come to town.

Edit: let me guess the response - CoPs ArE gOoD lEfT wInG mEdIa UsElEsS aG
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 06:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh look - back to same old tired bag of tricks.

You stuff your fist in there many more times it'll start to resemble your vagina after the truckers come to town.

Edit: let me guess the response - CoPs ArE gOoD lEfT wInG mEdIa UsElEsS aG

[Image: FTj7KMhUsAAgOm6.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 06:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: [Image: FTj7KMhUsAAgOm6.png]

Don't worry - I'm sure a few phone calls and you can have some of your cross country thugs kicking in my door and offing me for not kneeling before your thin yellow line.

I mean, I'm a hetero white male so they might catch flak for it. I'm sure they'll just take it out against some pregnant minority later.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 06:57 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Don't worry - I'm sure a few phone calls and you can have some of your cross country thugs kicking in my door and offing me for not kneeling before your thin yellow line.

I mean, I'm a hetero white male so they might catch flak for it. I'm sure they'll just take it out against some pregnant minority later.

Aren't you in Canada?  I'm afraid I don't know any RCP's, sorry.  
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 07:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Aren't you in Canada?  I'm afraid I don't know any RCP's, sorry.  

Compared to Cali I might as well be.
Reply/Quote
https://www.statesman.com/story/opinion/columns/2022/07/12/uvalde-shooting-video-austin-american-statesman-editor-investigation-publish/65371937007/

[/url]
Quote:[url=https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2022/07/12/uvalde-school-shooting-video-of-robb-elementary-shows-police-response/65370384007/]The American-Statesman is publishing a video account of the delayed police response at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde after a gunman walked into two classrooms and killed 19 children and their two teachers.

The video that we obtained is one hour and 22 minutes long. It is tragic to listen to and watch. Our decision to publish, along with our news partner, KVUE, comes after long and thoughtful discussions.

The Statesman is publishing two versions of the video, one that we edited to just over four minutes and highlights critical moments: the ease of gunman entering the school, how he shot his way into the classroom, the repeated sound of gunfire, and then the delay by police to stop the killer for 77 minutes as dozens of heavily armed officers stage in the school hallway before a group finally storm the classroom and kill the gunman.
[Image: 4c938057-33f6-4748-a74f-024477996251-dda...&auto=webp]

We are also publishing the entire video for those who want to see what we obtained. In both videos we blurred the identity of a child who exits a bathroom as the shooter approaches the classroom. The child runs back to bathroom to hide and was later rescued. We also have removed the sound of children screaming as the gunman enters the classroom. We consider this too graphic.

We have also chosen to show the face of the gunman as he enters this school. Our news organization guidelines state that we should not glorify these individuals and give them the notoriety that they seek. We chose, in this instance, to show his face to chisel away at any conspiracy that we are hiding something. This last point included much discussion among our senior leaders, our Managing Editor for Standards Michael McCarter, our lead reporter, Tony Plohetski, and his editor, Bob Gee.

We also are publishing a narrative story. Our editorial process for the video and story also included a thorough legal review. Our goal is to continue to bring to light what happened at Robb Elementary, which the families and friends of the Uvalde victims have long been asking for.

The video starts with the gunman wrecking a pickup truck outside the school, then shooting at two good Samaritans who are not hit and flee. The gunman jumps a fence and walks toward the school and he begins shooting again. By then, callers have dialed 911, children are running. The audio of a 911 call is included in the video. The killer opens the outside door to the elementary school and enters, now with a bit more caution, toward the classrooms where he opens fire.

You hear children screaming, and more gun shots, followed by a pause, and then more gunshots, and then sporadic gunshots. Authorities have said he fired more than 100 shots. Some three minutes after the shooting begins, three officers initially respond and run to the classroom door, where there is more gunfire, and the three officers retreat to the end of the hallway and stand behind the corners that provide some cover.

For the next hour-plus, officers congregate and amass in the hallway and then more show up. Heavily armed officers from at least five agencies stand in the hallway that lead to the classrooms. These officers carry dozens of high-powered rifles, handguns, vests, helmets, camouflage gear and shields.

We know now — thanks to the many news organizations that continue to dig for the facts — that some students quietly called 911 from inside the classroom for help, a critically wounded teacher could hear officers just outside the classroom, and that 911 dispatchers were fielding the calls of desperation.

We also know that exasperated parents, family members and bystanders standing outside the school begged authorities to do something.

After 77 minutes, the video shows the officers breach the classroom. There is gunfire and we know that the gunman was shot dead. And then the video shortly ends. What we do not see is the officers when they see or realize the death toll inside the classrooms.

We have to bear witness to history, and transparency and unrelenting reporting is a way to bring change.

This tragedy has been further tragic by changing stories, heroic-sounding narratives proven to be false and a delay or in most cases rejection of media requests for public information by law enforcement leaders, public officials and elected leaders. Many of the requests now rest in the hands of Attorney General Ken Paxton's office, who has not yet decided what should be released.

But there are also heroes: elected leaders, public officials, law enforcement officers, survivors of the massacre who want the truth out. The truth always wins, maybe not on our clock, but the truth always prevails.
And that is the reason that we publish alongside KVUE.

This story is part of a much larger public records and legal battle from our journalists, aligned with reporters in Uvalde, around Texas and the United States, to obtain all videos of the tragedy, body-camera footage, communications, 911 calls and more.

We are all aligned for the truth. Thank you for your time and support. Please consider coming alongside us and support our public service mission by subscribing to the Statesman.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Then they ran away.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote