Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maualuga Released
(03-26-2017, 10:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: When Maualuga was a free agent 3 years ago or whatever he hardly got a sniff. Like one team gave him a call. You really think they're going to be lining up now ? 

Thanks for your time here Rey and good luck n the future.

I actually think the Steelers offered to pay his salary for us if we kept him starting at LB.
Reply/Quote
Maualuga sucks ass at football. The only one that will miss him is Arian Foster. N every other running back he had to cover out of the back field
Reply/Quote
Well, this certainly makes it more likely that the Bengals draft a LB early on. Burfict last year of his contract, Vigil unproven, and Minter on a one year deal.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 10:09 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: When Maualuga was a free agent 3 years ago or whatever he hardly got a sniff. Like one team gave him a call. You really think they're going to be lining up now ? 

Thanks for your time here Rey and good luck n the future.

Are you his agent.. how would you know how many teams reached out to him ??  I do think the article hit it on the spot.. the game has changed for Middle backers.. will make it tough for Rey but for sure he can still play for a team if he takes a pay cut... there will be teams would would sign him  especially short yardage and goal line situation... he still is good against the run but will be a pay cut plus incentive type contract. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 05:49 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: If Rey was so good at 'stopping the run'

Why was the run defense ranked 20th or worse in 2 of the last 3 years?

And, in the 6 playoff games Rey played in, They gave up an  1001 rushing yards.  Lol  What a stud!

That is like saying if Whit and Zeitler are top tier lineman.. why did we stink running the ball and protecting Dalton.....  What two studs!!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Him too. Boling is our only good pulling Guard right now.

Fixed.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 08:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand and agree no top 15 pick for AJ, but l would rather keep our underpaid very good insurance policy for AD another year rather than give him away for a 2nd to anyone.

I disagree.  He's almost at the end of his contract and will not be staying with us anyway.  There is a lot of QB need this year.  This is the year we are going to get something for him.  We got him in the 5th round.  Getting a 2nd for him would be huge.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 05:49 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: If Rey was so good at 'stopping the run'

Why was the run defense ranked 20th or worse in 2 of the last 3 years?

And, in the 6 playoff games Rey played in, They gave up an  1001 rushing yards.  Lol  What a stud!

These same numbers prove that Geno atkins sucks.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 08:51 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: It's a fact. 

No it is not.

being ranked low by PFF means nothing.

and your opinion is not the same as a fact.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 08:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No it is not.

being ranked low by PFF means nothing.

and your opinion is not the same as a fact.

And everyone here has a right to express their opinions without being personally attacked. Let's all keep that in mind, please.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Rey sucks. That's a fact n opinion as well. I keep hearing Rey is good against the run, I really don't understand it. Just because he looks like a run stopper doesn't mean he is. I've never seen a guy stay blocked so easily, pick the wrong hole so often n whiff on so many tackles. He's always been bad, but last few years has been utter garbage.
Reply/Quote
Rey deserves criticism and so does this team for re-signing him last contract.

Maualuga is another example of coaches not admitting making a mistake and a FO that underachieves at free agency.

There just was no reason to keep him just the same as holding onto underwhelming project players... which is another thing they tend to do.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 07:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Then maybe its time to rethink the blocking schemes and de-emphasize pulling. If our interior line is better suited to drive blocking then drive block - get the pads low and fire off into the defenders and push.

Many would argue that it is well past that time... Nervous

Completely agree with what you are saying, though.  It is like their reluctance to run reverses and mis-direction plays when the opposing defense is COMPLETELY selling out in overpursuit.  I wonder sometimes what Zampese is watching.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 03:32 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Almost made me think you figured it out Marvin. You proved capable of moving on from some veterans. But clinging to Peerman Winston and Gilberry still shows the true colors.

Mauluaga and Peko were starters and they did not play very well the last couple of years so I think there is a big difference between them finally being off the team and the other three guys you mentioned....

Peerman = Special Teams leader

Winston = Veteran backup Offensive Lineman for depth that has played well when called upon

Gilberry = A rotational Defensive End that could be cut depending on what happens with the draft and if someone beats him out
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 01:17 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Fixed.

We will see how Andre plays at RG and i really liked Westerman in college.

We might be better off than we think you never know. PA coaching these Guards up is my concern.

He did such a good job with Bodine and Ogbuehi afterall. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 07:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Then maybe its time to rethink the blocking schemes and de-emphasize pulling. If our interior line is better suited to drive blocking then drive block - get the pads low and fire off into the defenders and push.

For sure, do what works. Boling is good at pulling but that is it.

Doubt Andre would be good at it, he definately would only be a drive blocker...

(03-26-2017, 07:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that's a very valid criticism of the Bengals overall. They don't seem to tailor their scheme to the players. They seem to have a scheme and stick to it when maybe some slight changes would help a player succeed.

Evan Mathis is a perfect example. He was average here. Then he went to Philly and their scheme fit what he does well perfectly and he was the best Guard for a couple years.

Nice post, completely agree Pistons. Probably the biggest problem with this team is the inability or blatant refusal to adjust their schemes.

Have to blame Marvin Lewis for this.

(03-26-2017, 09:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Whit will never play all three years of that contract.  I will be surprised if he plays two, and I bet the Rams are contending with the Browns and Jets for worst record in the league this year.  

Probably right, Whit will be 39, don't know of another OT that lasted that long.

Rams have some good players but they need a decent QB, from what i saw last year that rookie is not the answer.

Gurley is good though and Tavon Austin. That D-line is good.
Reply/Quote
I was so giddy when I heard the news....I couldn't even come here to post over the weekend. Ninja Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 12:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was so giddy when I heard the news....I couldn't even come here to post over the weekend. Ninja Wink

Never thought losing your hair could hurt a player so much. Shocked

But seriously, getting Minter and releasing Maualuga were two great moves, have to say.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 01:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Never thought losing your hair could hurt a player so much. Shocked

But seriously, getting Minter and releasing Maualuga were two great moves, have to say.

Yes, it kinda salvaged an otherwise dismal offseason.

Rey was a decent player at one time, and I am grateful for him donning the stripes and being a hustler at one time.  However, he should never have been signed over the vet minimum back in '15 (said as much on the old board), and he showed up grossly out of shape this past season.  Then, you read he has been working his ass off thus far this offseason.  WTF Rey?  Where was that coming into 2016?  It was time to go.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 01:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, it kinda salvaged an otherwise dismal offseason.

Rey was a decent player at one time, and I am grateful for him donning the stripes and being a hustler at one time.  However, he should never have been signed over the vet minimum back in '15 (said as much on the old board), and he showed up grossly out of shape this past season.  Then, you read he has been working his ass off thus far this offseason.  WTF Rey?  Where was that coming into 2016?  It was time to go.

Hopefully Burfict has been working his ass off this offseason. Need him in shape this year to really put this D over the top.
Reply/Quote