Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
McCoy to bengals?
(05-29-2019, 06:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: And here I was holding out hope to see the "The Bengals signed him? He must be garbage" take.  Cry

McCoy would be a great signing.
Reply/Quote
What a shocker this crappy organization never signs big free agents
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 07:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: McCoy would be a great signing.

No argument here, but you KNOW somebody would've put a negative spin on it.
Reply/Quote
Of course they won’t sign him , they gotta re sign OT Williams when he becomes a free agent in 2023.
Reply/Quote
Well, there's one positive in not signing McCoy. Christian Ringo's spot is now safe!
Reply/Quote
16 pages for a guy who didn't even pop by for a pointless visit. No wonder I didn't feel bad for spending so much time arguing about the Browns and Dalton in this thread!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 10:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 16 pages for a guy who didn't even pop by for a pointless visit.  No wonder I didn't feel bad for spending so much time arguing about the Browns and Dalton in this thread!

You're right, I guess we never should've started the thread. Plenty of other stuff to discuss in late May. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Let’s go back to Dalton is a top 10 quarterback thread. That’s always fun.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 11:01 PM)NKURyan Wrote: You're right, I guess we never should've started the thread. Plenty of other stuff to discuss in late May. Rolleyes

Right, like if the Browns might actually be good or not.  
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 07:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The media has no clue where he's going to sign.

IF he was that interested in the Browns or Ravens, he would have gotten a deal done. Not saying he won't go there, but it's still open I'd say.

Yeah I'm not buying that a signing is imminent. Dude is making yet another visit and tbh he and his agent are doing a great job of working people into a tizzy. He probably tried to make the Browns panic by visiting the Ravens, now he's trying to make both panic by visiting the Panthers. He probably has a number he wants and he's just going to use visits and supposed interest to get someone to cave and offer that number.

He doesn't seem to be in any rush, so this should be interesting to see how it pans out. I doubt we're in play unless his number drops and he suddenly takes interest in us. So in other words, not likely.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 02:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not quite. Belichick is an amazing coach. Won 11 games in 2008 with Matt Cassel, and Dalton > Cassel.

Should be interesting if Belichick stays on after Brady finally retires. 

Andy Dalton winning multiple SBs is outrageous in my opinion but to each his own. This topic is so played out. 
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 03:03 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Andy Dalton winning multiple SBs is outrageous in my opinion but to each his own. This topic is so played out. 

I don't recall many saying AD would win multiple Super Bowls as a Bengal QB??

How many has Ben R., Rodgers, Brees and other HOF QB's won? It is hard to win a Super Bowl, it takes great QB play, great coaching, great play from all 3 phases and I think a little luck just to get to title game.

I know you and others don't respect AD, but show many any one year he had a dominant top 5 defense in yards allowed and points allowed. Show me any year the team had great head coach and coaching. In the end, Ben had the Steeler's defense and a great organization to fill in the missing roster pieces. Same for Rodgers and Brees. In AD's case, he starts each year missing the talent of players and coaching to help him get a team to the super bowl.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 05:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Switch gears?

Many already stated no big deal if we did not sign him or could care less.

I think anyone who thinks the Bengals will be fine without McCoy is overvaluing the interior pass rushers that the Bengals have. There is no doubt that McCoy would be a huge upgrade inside when it comes to rushing the passer.

As of right now, the Bengals drafted a huge project in Wren, they have Glasgow coming back but he's more of a swing between NT and UT with better ability stuffing the run than rushing the passer, and none of the current DEs are established nickel DTs (yet). Billings is good for a true NT but he doesn't have the pass rushing chops either.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 11:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, like if the Browns might actually be good or not.  

If only there was some kind of messageboard for Browns related topics out there somewhere...
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 12:59 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I'm not buying that a signing is imminent. Dude is making yet another visit and tbh he and his agent are doing a great job of working people into a tizzy. He probably tried to make the Browns panic by visiting the Ravens, now he's trying to make both panic by visiting the Panthers. He probably has a number he wants and he's just going to use visits and supposed interest to get someone to cave and offer that number.

He doesn't seem to be in any rush, so this should be interesting to see how it pans out. I doubt we're in play unless his number drops and he suddenly takes interest in us. So in other words, not likely.

[Image: 350.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 09:10 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't recall many saying AD would win multiple Super Bowls as a Bengal QB??

How many has Ben R., Rodgers, Brees and other HOF QB's won? It is hard to win a Super Bowl, it takes great QB play, great coaching, great play from all 3 phases and I think a little luck just to get to title game.

I know you and others don't respect AD, but show many any one year he had a dominant top 5 defense in yards allowed and points allowed. Show me any year the team had great head coach and coaching. In the end, Ben had the Steeler's defense and a great organization to fill in the missing roster pieces. Same for Rodgers and Brees. In AD's case, he starts each year missing the talent of players and coaching to help him get a team to the super bowl.

It's also hard to win a SB because the Patriots and Brady win so many.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 09:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think anyone who thinks the Bengals will be fine without McCoy is overvaluing the interior pass rushers that the Bengals have. There is no doubt that McCoy would be a huge upgrade inside when it comes to rushing the passer.

As of right now, the Bengals drafted a huge project in Wren, they have Glasgow coming back but he's more of a swing between NT and UT with better ability stuffing the run than rushing the passer, and none of the current DEs are established nickel DTs (yet). Billings is good for a true NT but he doesn't have the pass rushing chops either.

I think the Bengals would love to have McCoy. I don't think that McCoy would love to have the Bengals.

I doubt we can offer him enough extra money to get him to come here.
Reply/Quote
Enough to get to the playoffs five years straight but not enough to get one playoff win? 
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 10:41 AM)NKURyan Wrote: If only there was some kind of messageboard for Browns related topics out there somewhere...

Hey now, I was only pointing out that the Browns might not be 1-15 this year because a number of people in this thread wondered why McCoy would even entertain the notion of signing in Cleveland.  This isn't about me being a Browns fan, so much as letting people know that the Browns might not be the automatic 4th place team we have come to expect.

This is a thread about a free agent and we are discussing why he'd want to sign in Cleveland, Baltimore, or here.  So it's pretty logical that we'd delve into the projections for the upcoming season and the QBs/HCs etc. for those teams.  He's also looking into the Panthers, but I don't see us analyzing them because they aren't in our division.

It's AFC North related, so I say that's close enough.

(05-30-2019, 10:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's also hard to win a SB because the Patriots and Brady win so many.

Personally, I'm all about that.  As soon as the Bengals are out I have to be a Patriots fan because I live in Steeler country and everyone around here hates the Patriots and their SB winning ways so much that I'd have to join their ranks if I wanted to root against them.  Remember, if it weren't for the Patriots the Steelers would probably have about 10 SBs by now.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 10:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the Bengals would love to have McCoy. I don't think that McCoy would love to have the Bengals.

I doubt we can offer him enough extra money to get him to come here.

Bengals have the money if they really wanted him.
Enough cap this year to sign him, $30+ mill in cap space next year, $90+ mill in cap space in 2021.
The cap space next year would get pretty tight if AJ and Boyd are re-signed, but an easy cut of Glenn frees up another $9.5 mill. Dalton would free up another $17.7 mill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote