Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction
Sewell at 10 is ludicrous.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sewell at 10 is ludicrous.

Yeah there is no way he gets passed us at 5 much less makes it to 10. Would be shocked if he gets passed Miami in all honesty.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm all for trading back a few spots to pick up at least an extra 3rd in the draft:

Bengals trade #5 to Dallas #10 for 2021 3rd(75) and 2022 3rd

Draft: per PFN simulation 1st 4 rds:

1) Christian Darrisaw-RT (VA. Tech)

2) Davion Nixon-DT (IOWA)

3) Rashad Weaver-Edge (PITT)

3)(75) Tylan Wallace- WR (Okla. St)
Reply/Quote
Getting pollack back seals the deal if Sewell is there he will be a Bengal. Mekhi Becton is on pace to be a top 5 LT, and with pollack coaching Sewell I expect the same results at least
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 06:15 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Getting pollack back seals the deal if Sewell is there he will be a Bengal. Mekhi Becton is on pace to be a top 5 LT, and with pollack coaching Sewell I expect the same results at least

Then what happen with price rookie year under Pollack
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Then what happen with price rookie year under Pollack

You will have to ask Pollack. He was hurt, but I think he was a bust from the beginning
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: You will have to ask Pollack. He was hurt, but I think he was a bust from the beginning

I agree!! I think Price was way overrated to begin with.
Reply/Quote
I don't think this deserves a separate thread but now with the Lions needing a QB.... more trade options in the top 5.

Need a QB Jags, Lions, Texans

Could take a QB - Jets, Falcons, Panthers, Steelers, Patriots
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:09 PM)pulses Wrote: I agree!! I think Price was way overrated to begin with.

Even when espn showed his tape that is supposed to make him look good when drafted made him look bad. He hasn’t looked good at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:09 PM)pulses Wrote: I agree!! I think Price was way overrated to begin with.

Look.bsck at college career he was not overrated, he was Rimington winner, 2x all american . 1st round consensus pick.. he just flamed out in college, maybe Pollack messed him up rookie year, who knows
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I don't think this deserves a separate thread but now with the Lions needing a QB.... more trade options in the top 5.

Need a QB Jags, Lions, Texans

Could take a QB - Jets, Falcons, Panthers, Steelers, Patriots

Indy and the WFT also need QB’s.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Look.bsck at college career he was not overrated, he was Rimington winner, 2x all american . 1st round consensus pick.. he just flamed out in college, maybe Pollack messed him up rookie year, who knows

Or you could you know...look at the history. Pollack has produced good results when he has good players (in Dallas, in NY with Becton, etc). OSU otoh have not been turning out very good OL players in recent years.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: maybe Pollack messed him up rookie year, who knows

Strong take. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Look.bsck at college career he was not overrated, he was Rimington winner, 2x all american . 1st round consensus pick.. he just flamed out in college, maybe Pollack messed him up rookie year, who knows

Just because a player wins an award in college doesn’t make him a good nfl prospect. There are heisman winners by the dozens that prove that.

I didn’t watch tons of tape on him, but the tape I watched left me very unimpressed which has translated in the nfl.

I know it takes linemen several years to figure it out sometimes, and I sure hope he does this year, but it’s not looking good.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 01:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or you could you know...look at the history. Pollack has produced good results when he has good players (in Dallas, in NY with Becton, etc). OSU otoh have not been turning out very good OL players in recent years.

Well again you can't look at success one season but ignore no success one season. so Becton solid rookie year.. Pollack .. Price not solid rookie year Pollack coach.

If you are going to praise a coach for  a 1st round rookie success, you need to criticized for not having it then since you can't assume one is right and the other is wrong...

Now I don;t buy you can judge a good college player 1 year success or failure  on a coach  way too many variables but if you going to use that argument then you need to be consistent with it... so why are we not giving ZT some credit with Burrow then ? im just saying if your going to praise a coach for success and you need to also be consistent on the other end be it some player you like or not.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 05:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well again you can't look at success one season but ignore no success one season. so Becton solid rookie year.. Pollack .. Price not solid rookie year Pollack coach.

If you are going to praise a coach for  a 1st round rookie success, you need to criticized for not having it then since you can't assume one is right and the other is wrong...

Now I don;t buy you can judge a good college player 1 year success or failure  on a coach  way too many variables but if you going to use that argument then you need to be consistent with it... so why are we not giving ZT some credit with Burrow then ? im just saying if your going to praise a coach for success and you need to also be consistent on the other end be it some player you like or not.

Last time I checked Dan Pitcher was Burrow’s position coach, not ZT...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Look.bsck at college career he was not overrated, he was Rimington winner, 2x all american . 1st round consensus pick.. he just flamed out in college, maybe Pollack messed him up rookie year, who knows

None of that means anything. Case in point...

Jonathan Luigs - Drafted by the Bengals in 2009

-Three time first team All-SEC (2007, 2008, 2009)
-Consensus All-American (2007)
-Rimington Trophy Winner (2007)

Played eight games in the NFL before being waived and was never signed again. Those college accolades are great, but they mean absolutely nothing in regard to NFL success. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 07:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: None of that means anything. Case in point...

Jonathan Luigs - Drafted by the Bengals in 2009

-Three time first team All-SEC (2007, 2008, 2009)
-Consensus All-American (2007)
-Rimington Trophy Winner (2007)

Played eight games in the NFL before being waived and was never signed again. Those college accolades are great, but they mean absolutely nothing in regard to NFL success. 

and you left off.. he was projected 3/4 round. picked in 4th round.. i agree some win the award are not high NFL draft picks but Price was not that so when you add the awards, the record breaking starts and considered one of the top 10 OSU lineman of all time...Price again projected 1st round consensus pick..  with some having him top end 2nd round.. you will hardly find any articles that projected him a risk/bust type player.. m0st said he will be solid and play everyday , smart anchor to a team at center.... most graded him out A level at his position And look at the centers that won the award picked in 1/2 round most have worked out..  but like other draft picks for whatever reason they end up not playing to the level of projection.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 08:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and you left off.. he was projected 3/4 round.  picked in 4th round.. i agree some win the award are not high NFL draft picks but Price was not that so when you add the awards, the record breaking starts and considered one of the top 10 OSU lineman of all time...Price again projected 1st round consensus pick..  with some having him top end 2nd round.. you will hardly find any articles that projected him a risk/bust type player.. m0st said he will be solid and play everyday , smart anchor to a team at center.... most graded him out A level at his position And look at the centers that won the award picked in 1/2 round most have worked out..  but like other draft picks for whatever reason they end up not playing to the level of projection.

I left it off because it wasn't relevant to what you were saying. You were making the claim that he wasn't overrated because of his college accolades. I am making the point that those don't matter and do not translate to NFL success. Draft projections, and grades, are done based off of the players abilities, not their awards. Price was rated higher because he was a better prospect than Luigs. That doesn't mean he was a good prospect, however, and we are seeing the results of his shortcomings. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 09:09 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I left it off because it wasn't relevant to what you were saying. You were making the claim that he wasn't overrated because of his college accolades. I am making the point that those don't matter and do not translate to NFL success. Draft projections, and grades, are done based off of the players abilities, not their awards. Price was rated higher because he was a better prospect than Luigs. That doesn't mean he was a good prospect, however, and we are seeing the results of his shortcomings. 

Please find articles from those that evaluate the draft rated Price as "not a good prospect".... ive found none but found dozens that say the opposite...  he again was not a reach pick and was considered a solid pick.. but the draft is not perfect as we know.. but the advice and projection was consistent him as a 1st rounder...
Reply/Quote