Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction
(02-23-2021, 07:31 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Should the bengals make waves in FA and get OL upgrades, these drafts will drastically change

I tend to agree that FA will adjust the draft but the issues we have on Oline will take FA and draft to start to make the change we need.  If we can;t resign either lawson or jackson that will also impact draft more or if we sign a veteran WR or TE that could adjust draft also
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 08:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Weaver a 4-3 End or a 3-4 End? Don't really care as long as he can rush the passer which we desperately need.

UCF has been putting out some pretty good players lately.

draft profile i read seems indicate does not matter can fit well in both but 4-3 seem better , i actually like his size for a 3-4
Reply/Quote
I know most the mock drafts is putting Sewell, Chase or Pitts in the 1st round to the Bengals, but I would love to see Jaylon Waddle in Cincy. I think he can do what they had planned for John Ross. His highlights is off the charts.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 03:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think Hopkins is a Top 10 C or anything,

Grade-wise he's not. Pass block efficiency and allowed pressures he is. He's 7th best in those categories. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 09:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: draft profile i read seems indicate does not matter can fit well in both but 4-3 seem better , i actually like his size for a 3-4

Awesome, would like that Draft a lot then.
Reply/Quote
Daniel Jeremiah does alot of flip flopping lol. In his latest he now has the Bengals going Penei Sewell over Slater. He also has moved Jaylen Waddle up to his #2 WR over Devonta Smith calling Waddle the best receiver to come out of Alabama over the last two years. (Over Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith.)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 10:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Daniel Jeremiah does alot of flip flopping lol. In his latest he now has the Bengals going Penei Sewell over Slater. He also has moved Jaylen Waddle up to his #2 WR over Devonta Smith calling Waddle the best receiver to come out of Alabama over the last two years. (Over Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith.)

Well i would say he has had more time to evaluate them and I like mocks that move and shift than stay the same from the beginning... regardless he really did not move them much.. Slater is still second tackle taken after Sewell and Waddle and Smith are back to back...
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2021, 01:03 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I know most the mock drafts is putting Sewell, Chase or Pitts in the 1st round to the Bengals, but I would love to see Jaylon Waddle in Cincy.  I think he can do what they had planned for John Ross.  His highlights is off the charts.

Whats better...drafting a WR who will be the #3 on the depth chart or drafting Pitts who.would be the #1 TE 
Pitts reminds me of Calvin Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 01:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Whats better...drafting a WR who will be the #3 on the depth chart or drafting Pitts who.would be the #1 TE 
Pitts reminds me of Calvin Johnson.

Calvin Johnson was a WR.. Pitts might be the hybrid TE.. but he is does not remind me of Calin Johnson at all.. one big reason he is slow compared to Calvin .... so that in itself pretty much cancels the idea that he reminds me of Johnson
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 06:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Calvin Johnson was a WR.. Pitts might be the hybrid TE.. but he is does not remind me of Calin Johnson at all.. one big reason he is slow compared to Calvin .... so that in itself pretty much cancels the idea that he reminds me of Johnson

Kyle Pitts was often lined up as a WR at Florida. 
He was beating other SEC teams #1 CBs on a regular basis.
Calvin Johnson was pretty much a matchup nightmare in college and his NFL career.
Kyle Pitts is a matchup issue. 
I think Pitts averaged 17 yds a catch in the 2020 season.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 09:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Kyle Pitts was often lined up as a WR at Florida. 
He was beating other SEC teams #1 CBs on a regular basis.
Calvin Johnson was pretty much a matchup nightmare in college and his NFL career.
Kyle Pitts is a matchup issue. 
I think Pitts averaged 17 yds a catch in the 2020 season.

but Johnson was fast as a big man.. i believe 4.3 range.. Pitt time ive seen is 4.7  big difference on the outside and against NFL corners  ... Pitts has the potential to be a solid player but i just would not even put his name in a discussion with Johnson... we will see if he proves me wrong

Too me he is more a upgrade to Tyler Eifert both similar in size,and speed and matchups with corners but a bit more athletic
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 10:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I'm exaggerating it, but I don't see many of these C prospects (Humphrey included) being a great fit in a wide zone run blocking scheme. They don't seem to have the athleticism for it. But maybe I'm thinking they'll have to be more athletic than they'll need to be in that type of run blocking.

Humphrey, standing 6’5″ and weighing 320 pounds, has ideal size for the position and brings a nasty temperament to the table. Humphrey, who earned first-team All-Big 12 honors last season, is a true technician, consistently displaying the fundamentals of the position. It surely doesn’t hurt that he has one of the best offensive line coaches in college football, Bill Bedenbaugh, working with him on a daily basis.

His best traits are his overwhelming power, his ability to play with a terrific pad level, and as mentioned above, his ability to win with leverage. Out of all of the 2021 offensive linemen, you’d be hard-pressed to find any that have the power that Humphrey possesses. He is built short and compact, so when he fires out of his stance and stays low, he can control his opposition with ease. His power at the point of attack is elite, as is his hand usage. His hand placement and ability to lock onto defenders is exceptional.
Also, Humphrey possesses good football intelligence, showcasing the ability to call out blitzes and make calls at the line of scrimmage. Humphrey excels in pass protection, utilizing his ability to absorb and discard pass rushers. In the running game, he is a people-mover, who uses his quick feet and power to obliterate defenders.

I think he could do it!!
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 08:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Weaver a 4-3 End or a 3-4 End? Don't really care as long as he can rush the passer which we desperately need.

UCF has been putting out some pretty good players lately.

Weaver is from Pitt Hilarious

He played predominantly in a four man front as a 5-Technique and would occasionally kick inside to a 4i and 3-Technique. He could be a 3-4 base end at the next level but may need to get a bit stronger at the point of attack for that jump to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 01:18 AM)pulses Wrote: Weaver is from Pitt Hilarious

He played predominantly in a four man front as a 5-Technique and would occasionally kick inside to a 4i and 3-Technique. He could be a 3-4 base end at the next level but may need to get a bit stronger at the point of attack for that jump to the NFL.

Well Boyd is from Pitt too and he is currently one of my fave Bengals. Mellow

Thanks again Pulses on Weaver, I might want to get an End that is more pro ready in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:32 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: but Johnson was fast as a big man.. i believe 4.3 range.. Pitt time ive seen is 4.7 big difference on the outside and against NFL corners  ... Pitts has the potential to be a solid player but i just would not even put his name in a discussion with Johnson... we will see if he proves me wrong

Too me he is more a upgrade to Tyler Eifert both similar in size,and speed and matchups with corners but a bit more athletic

You can’t go off his 40 time from high school.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 02:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can’t go off his 40 time from high school.

sure you can.. until we see something different... plus it was reported in 2019 he ran a 4.77  ... you have a different time ?
Reply/Quote
Always found Charley Casserly pretty good as an ex GM with his analysis of draft and players.. Has us getting Sewell at #5 .. Pitts and Field lovers will not like where he has them though...

https://www.nfl.com/news/charley-casserly-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-justin-fields-slides-to-steelers
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 02:18 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: sure you can.. until we see something different... plus it was reported in 2019 he ran a 4.77  ... you have a different time ?

Watch. The. Tape.

Reply/Quote
Fields sliding all that way kind of shows an agenda in that Casserly just wanted to put him at pittsburgh. There is no way teams such as washington pass on him if he is there.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 05:31 AM)Bernards watch Wrote: Fields sliding all that way kind of shows an agenda in that Casserly just wanted to put him at pittsburgh. There is no way teams such as washington pass on him if he is there.

Yeah, Fields at 24 is ridiculous.

Reply/Quote