Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
(04-27-2018, 01:06 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think he will pan out. Lift the chin. You will/should be happy with this in time.  Wink

Dog Say's so.

Oh I'm sure he'll be fine. But not great. Just eh
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:07 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Oh I'm sure he'll be fine. But not great. Just eh

I hope we celebrate the pick this times next year. All drafts can bust. Don't feel it here. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:44 AM)Beaker Wrote: Anybody for Orlando Brown in Rd 2?

Not in the 2nd, but in the 3rd I would be on him like a bum on a bologna sandwich.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:02 AM)eoxyod Wrote: The Bengals got a center who is good but just because "He's better than Bodine." I wanted better than all of them. And the Ravens got the greatest player of all time so I don't have another team to cheer for while I wait for the team to not suck anymore. Been a rough day guys

Please go read the scouting reports on Price....he was widely rated as the top Center/Guard in the draft and universally had a first round grade even with the torn pec. All the pec did was slide him from a roughly 15 grade to roughly 30 grade but still first round.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:18 AM)Joelist Wrote: Please go read the scouting reports on Price....he was widely rated as the top Center/Guard in the draft and universally had a first round grade even with the torn pec. All the pec did was slide him from a roughly 15 grade to roughly 30 grade but still first round.

If he can play Guard and Daniels is still there in round 2, then problems solved. Fisher, Price, Daniels, Boling, Glenn. That would work for an O-Line.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:18 AM)Joelist Wrote: Please go read the scouting reports on Price....

No

he was widely rated as the top Center/Guard in the draft and universally had a first round grade even with the torn pec. All the pec did was slide him from a roughly 15 grade to roughly 30 grade but still first round.

I mean I doubt the torn pec made him slide that much. Centers just don't go very high. Like I said I think he's a good player. I just preferred Ragnow and Daniels. It's all good
Reply/Quote
What ya'll think we'll take in Round 2???
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:41 AM)bonesaw Wrote: What ya'll think we'll take in Round 2???

Ronnie Harrison.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:18 AM)Joelist Wrote: Please go read the scouting reports on Price....he was widely rated as the top Center/Guard in the draft and universally had a first round grade even with the torn pec. All the pec did was slide him from a roughly 15 grade to roughly 30 grade but still first round.

The Pec wasent actually torn either. I was so pissed when Ragnow went right ahead of us but it's still a very good pick. He's growing on me the more I watch and read up about him. Even though the guy that was rumored to us went right in front some people will think we panicked and reached for a C. It seems Price should have been the first C all along. If we can land Hernandez or Daniels in the 2nd our line will be drastically improved. Maybe Cleveland will make the McCarron blunder up to us and work out a trade for the first pick in 2.
Reply/Quote
Now if we can get Hernandez in the 2nd or Corbett/Brown in the 4th I would be stoked.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:41 AM)bonesaw Wrote: What ya'll think we'll take in Round 2???

Were probably prepared to redraft that kicker.

Katie be flustered.
Reply/Quote
If Will Hernandez is there, we'll take him. Otherwise, I could see safety being the pick. We've been shopping all off-season for one. Harrison or Reid could be the sexy pick. The safe pick imo would be Lorenzo Carter or maybe James Daniels.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:40 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: His running will work for a while, but defenses will figure him out soon I think.

Kinda like they did with  RG3?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:02 AM)eoxyod Wrote: And the Ravens got the greatest player of all time...

Can I have some of what you're smoking???
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:53 AM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I don't think he is an injury concern because he's almost exactly the same size as Dalton. If he learns to slide without taking bad hits he will be fine health wise. But his lack of accuracy means eventually his running will get shut down and he will be off the field because he can't get first downs with accurate throws.

I wonder about Cam's football IQ sometimes. As skilled as he is with his arm and legs, if he only slid more instead of taking nasty hits, he could have saved a few more years of his career and maybe won a few more games where he was probably wobbly but didn't come out because he was too stupid to avoid the big hits. I think it's a lot of ego (in the macho, I am invincible no matter how hard a defender hits me in the head kind of way) that will lead to his downfall.

I agree with all of this, that is the thing, if Lamar was more accurate in the pocket and had a smoother release
he could be great. But those are two monster weaknesses. RG3 was great in college and was much better at both
and look what happened to him.

I ain't scurrd. Mellow

(04-27-2018, 12:58 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We did? I wish I could cash them in like brownie points with my wife or something. I did it all for the nookie!  Smirk Smirk

But she doesn't even read this board.  Cry

I'm going fishing with Grampohol. HEHE! 

Congrats!

Awesome.

(04-27-2018, 01:06 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think he will pan out. Lift the chin. You will/should be happy with this in time.  Wink

Dog Say's so.

Listen to the Dog Eox, listen to the Dog. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:03 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Can I have some of what you're smoking???
No
(04-27-2018, 06:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Listen to the Dog Eox, listen to the Dog. Mellow

No
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping for Hernandez, Harrison, Reid, Gesicki, or Daniels in the 2nd round
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 06:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Here's to hoping for Hernandez, Harrison, Reid, Gesicki, or Daniels in the 2nd round

If we’re choosing between these guys, I see Marvin and Co. going with Reid. They’re looking for a ballhawk safety.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 06:50 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If we’re choosing between these guys, I see Marvin and Co. going with Reid. They’re looking for a ballhawk safety.

I think so too, and I hope they do. Need a ballhawk back there that can change games like that.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 06:52 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think so too, and I hope they do. Need a ballhawk back there that can change games like that.

I’m really curious if we’d run with a 3 safety set or if the rumblings come true and we cut one of our starters.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote