Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PDJ - Bengals Will Prioritize OL in FA
(01-06-2021, 01:56 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: If Sewell is gone before we pick, is there another OL worth taking at 5? Is the OL class deep enough where we could still get a solid OL in the second round?

I don’t know about at 5, but if we traded back there’s some good ones. Slater, Darrisaw, Leatherwood...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes. I’d be furious if they pass on Sewell for any reason. He’s hand down the best player in the draft not named Trevor Lawrence.

They should prioritize guard in FA anyway, and Sewell is a tackle.

The smart thing to do would be get a good guard and RT in FA since there's no certainty Sewell will be there.
They might just get a guard in FA and keep Hart though until the draft happens.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The smart thing to do would be get a good guard and RT in FA since there's no certainty Sewell will be there.
They might just get a guard in FA and keep Hart though until the draft happens.

The forgotten man on the roster because he opted out this year is Isiah Prince  He was signed so late in 2019 that we never got a good look at him and then he opted out.  It is possible that he will be an option

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: The forgotten man on the roster because he opted out this year is Isiah Prince  He was signed so late in 2019 that we never got a good look at him and then he opted out.  It is possible that he will be an option

I don't think Prince is anything more than a back of roster guy. He was on the bubble for making the team so that's probably why he opted out. It was actually a smart move on his part.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know about at 5, but if we traded back there’s some good ones. Slater, Darrisaw, Leatherwood...

I like cosmi and leatherwood, but I agree, there's not anybody other than sewell that's worth it at five. 

If sewell is gone and we're set on taking the second best tackle, they should drop back a few spots. There's going to be teams looking for qb, receivers and corners that we could work with. But I don't see us trading back. 
Reply/Quote
I think no matter who the BPA is at 5, they'll find value for them on the team. OL, D, WR... plenty of options and that high always an opportunity for an upgrade. Sewell looks to have some pretty amazing potential, but I think the team would do fine grabbing the BPA even if he's not there.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 04:11 PM)Benton Wrote: I like cosmi and leatherwood, but I agree, there's not anybody other than sewell that's worth it at five. 

If sewell is gone and we're set on taking the second best tackle, they should drop back a few spots. There's going to be teams looking for qb, receivers and corners that we could work with. But I don't see us trading back. 

Not just you, but a theme I've seen throughout the forums. Sewell is not the only elite OT prospect in this draft:

Christian Darrasaw has prototypical size, weight, and length.

Folks went crazy over Sewell earning a 95.8 rating in the Pac 12 last year, CD just earned a 95.6 in the much tougher ACC.

In 293 passing plays he allowed 0 sacks, 0 hits, and 6 hurries. He also notched the highest positively graded run-block rate in the Power 5.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 04:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not just you, but a theme I've seen throughout the forums. Sewell is not the only elite OT prospect in this draft:

Folks went crazy over Sewell earning a 95.8 rating in the Pac 12 last year, CD just earned a 95.6 in the much tougher ACC.

In 293 passing plays he allowed 0 sacks, 0 hits, and 6 hurries. He also notched the highest positively graded run-block rate in the Power 5.  

Indeed he did.
I think people put a lot of weight to various sites' prospect rankings though, so if Darrisaw starts showing up in Top 10 across some, people will come around to the idea more.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The board should be....

1. Sewell
2.Chase
3. Trade back
4.BPA
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: The forgotten man on the roster because he opted out this year is Isiah Prince  He was signed so late in 2019 that we never got a good look at him and then he opted out.  It is possible that he will be an option

Prince isn't forgotten. He's just bad.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 04:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not just you, but a theme I've seen throughout the forums. Sewell is not the only elite OT prospect in this draft:

Interesting. I haven't watched darrasaw as much as I have some of the others (which is part of why I like cosmi even though he's going to have to bulk up). I'll take a look at darrasaw.
Reply/Quote

I like Darishaw as well. I would love to see a trade back to about 10-12 where I think you can still grab him or Slater and pick up a second rounder. Bengals are usually not this thoughtful during the draft but I could someone moving up to grab Wilson 

I still prefer Sewell at five and think there is a shot he is there if Wilson and Fields both go before Bengals pick. I absolutely want a OT in the first round even if they were to sign Thuney and Mack (short term deal to allow Hopkins to heal) I would still draft an OT
Reply/Quote