Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
PnR Decorum and suspensions
(09-14-2017, 11:15 AM)Benton Wrote: I won't go into specifics, but I think most of the reports (or at least the ones I see) are of the "this guy isn't a real Bengals fan" in JN. That or "can you ban this guy from, JN, he's too negative/homer."

Hmmm. No idea. For me, there's a message that says there are X unread reports, with a link to the reports panel. Once it's read, we can either leave it for other staff to look at, or delete it. If it's an issue that's easily resolved or pretty blatantly a CoC violation, a Mod will probably take care of it and delete he report. If it's something they want feedback on, the report might get left for a while in order to let everyone have a gander.

I will say, too, that time of year has a great deal to do with it. Offseason, JN reports drop, but smack, pnr and other areas shoot up. During the season, there's a lot more people in JN, so more problems.

That is interesting. Thanks for sharing
I go to class for two hours and come back to disciplinary actions on two posters. Good grief.
(11-16-2017, 04:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I go to class for two hours and come back to disciplinary actions on two posters. Good grief.

It appears one got suspended for slighting the other's wife and the other got suspended for being opposed to DACA
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
We have some serious over moderation lately.

I assume it’s due to the fact we have some newer mods and maybe the ability to suspend is intoxicating for some.

But not responding to private messages is a problem especially when there have been suspensions when a Post has been taken out of context. To the point it’s almost imagined.

Context matters and how is anyone supposed to know how to remedy the issue when Mods do not respond with any feedback. That has always been the case around here especially with the veteran mods. Even most of the rookie mods do this as well.

Has happened not only here but even in JN.

This is a return to the stealth suspending from before.
(01-24-2018, 09:48 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We have some serious over moderation lately.  

I assume it’s due to the fact we have some newer mods and maybe the ability to suspend is intoxicating for some.  

But not responding to private messages is a problem especially when there have been suspensions when a Post has been taken out of context.   To the point it’s almost imagined.  

Context matters and how is anyone supposed to know how to remedy the issue when Mods do not respond with any feedback.    That has always been the case around here especially with the veteran mods. Even most of the rookie mods do this as well.  

Who would've thought, it figures
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-24-2018, 12:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Who would've thought, it figures

soft.

[Image: AVmyV_s-200x150.gif]
(01-24-2018, 09:48 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is a return to the stealth suspending from before.

You caught us, it's a deep state conspiracy LOL
(01-24-2018, 09:48 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We have some serious over moderation lately.  

But not responding to private messages is a problem especially when there have been suspensions when a Post has been taken out of context.   To the point it’s almost imagined.  

Context matters and how is anyone supposed to know how to remedy the issue when Mods do not respond with any feedback.    That has always been the case around here especially with the veteran mods. Even most of the rookie mods do this as well.  

Word choices can avoid a lot of that problem. As always, I encourage members to treat each other with respect, and that would avoid a lot of the issues. I would also remind folks that the mod team is made up of volunteers. (Yes, we get paid with buckets of LSD and chicken wings but there's no cash exchanged). It may take time for a particular mod to respond.  Life happens. 
(01-24-2018, 08:35 PM)Benton Wrote: Word choices can avoid a lot of that problem. As always, I encourage members to treat each other with respect, and that would avoid a lot of the issues. I would also remind folks that the mod team is made up of volunteers. (Yes, we get paid with buckets of LSD and chicken wings but there's no cash exchanged). It may take time for a particular mod to respond.  Life happens. 

None of you guys have ever taken a month. That’s why I finally posted here
(01-24-2018, 07:02 PM)treee Wrote: You caught us, it's a deep state conspiracy LOL

Then I encourage you guys to at least give us the common courtesy and respond especially if there will be suspensions going forward for typing a j instead of an h in those.

Have a nice day.
[Image: latest?cb=20120309191033]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

But not responding to private messages is a problem especially when there have been suspensions when a Post has been taken out of context. To the point it’s almost imagined.

Context matters and how is anyone supposed to know how to remedy the issue when Mods do not respond with any feedback. That has always been the case around here especially with the veteran mods. Even most of the rookie mods do this as well.

Yeah, I'm sure it's moderator's fault. This is like Vontaze Burfict complaining the other player's testicles punched Burfict right in his fist and he is the real victim.
Just a friendly reminder:

Publicly calling out staff members or moderation / disciplinary actions is itself a violation of the CoC.

If a member has an issue with someone on the staff or a complaint about a particular moderation action, you can contact me directly.

Members who choose to ignore the CoC and continue airing moderation complaints publicly, will be subject to disciplinary action.
(01-25-2018, 01:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, I'm sure it's moderator's fault. This is like Vontaze Burfict complaining the other player's testicles punched Burfict right in his fist and he is the real victim.

To be fair Burfict didn't punch anyone's testicles. He tapped them while performing a cup check.
(01-25-2018, 12:19 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: To be fair Burfict didn't punch anyone's testicles. He tapped them while performing a cup check.

Yes. Also, I think he was just checking to see if they were still there.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(01-24-2018, 08:35 PM)Benton Wrote: Word choices can avoid a lot of that problem. As always, I encourage members to treat each other with respect, and that would avoid a lot of the issues. I would also remind folks that the mod team is made up of volunteers. (Yes, we get paid with buckets of LSD and chicken wings but there's no cash exchanged). It may take time for a particular mod to respond.  Life happens. 

wait, I volunteer then.

If you would have told me there were buckets involved, I would have volunteered long ago.
Out of curiosity, how many suspensions and bannings do we get before it becomes permanent?

It seems that they are put in place to help a person get a little bit of time to think about correcting their problem behavior. If they refuse to ever do so, even after more than a handful of bannings, then what is the point?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(01-31-2018, 10:31 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Out of curiosity, how many suspensions and bannings do we get before it becomes permanent?

It seems that they are put in place to help a person get a little bit of time to think about correcting their problem behavior.  If they refuse to ever do so, even after more than a handful of bannings, then what is the point?

Good question.

I assume the mods are hesitant to permanently bad except in extreme circumstances.  After all this *is* just basically for fun.  

I'm just surprised when I look at an old thread and see someone still banned that I forgot was even here because they have been gone so long.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-31-2018, 10:31 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Out of curiosity, how many suspensions and bannings do we get before it becomes permanent?

It seems that they are put in place to help a person get a little bit of time to think about correcting their problem behavior.  If they refuse to ever do so, even after more than a handful of bannings, then what is the point?

The funny thing is Fred is second in post count after being gone for several months (and again now) and Lucie is #4 despite his usual weekly suspensions.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-31-2018, 11:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The funny thing is Fred is second in post count after being gone for several months (and again now) and Lucie is #4 despite his usual weekly suspensions.  

Both of them post a lot in JN.  I think that is where most of the top posters get their numbers from.

But they are also both prolific in PnR.  Fred with responses and Lucie with starting threads.  

Edit: Wow. I didn't see about Fred.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.