Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds June 2024 thread
Yep 6 in a row and 11-3 over last 14 games. Lodolo is just on fire!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice to see Candellario finally picking it up! He's made solid contact of late AND cut down on his K's. Hits in 6 straight games if I heard correctly.

Someone no one is talking about that has improved of late as well is Stephenson. Cross your fingers he's FINALLY getting back to pre-injury-plagued-2022 Stephenson. Are my eyes deceiving me (memory too, at this point ) or is he playing A LOT of games at C this year compared to last year, where we were trying to ease him back into things? I feel like Maile and his poor bat haven't been playing much of late.

Loving this string of wins lately, we've climbed back into it when most (including myself) had us counted out by mid-May. Gonna enjoy it while it lasts and hope it continues!
Reply/Quote
Reds are inching up in the standings. Maybe we'll have enough to at least be a wildcard this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Ya know, a couple weeks ago I, as pretty much everybody else, have given the Reds up for dead. But these last few series have breathed new life into them and me. Perhaps they still can make some waves this season? Steer, Stephenson, and Candelario are all hitting much better. Elly has shown more signs of life. Herd a bees can perhaps develop. Friedl is improving.

Who knows? maybe they can challenge for a wild card?

But it's a looonnggg season ahead, we'll see.
Reply/Quote
Win This Cubs Series In Cincinnati.....One Day At A Time....When You're Hot, You're Hot. ....Keep Moving Up

I know Reds have moved up in standings, but I'm not checking where. You never count your money when you're sitting at the table. There will be time enough for counting when the game is done. As per Kenny Rodgers song. WIN CUBS SERIES, and then on Monday morning I might take a look at the standings.

The Reds are in the pack. Like a hose race going around the first part of the track all bunched up. Still have the backstretch and the turn down the final stretch to the wire to go. Right now Reds are in good position to make a move, as they are bunched up with the pack going into the back stretch of June and July. Keep pace, and make that turn in August down the final stretch in September to the wire.

Win Cub Series in Cincinnati. A lot of Fans are in the stands and Reds making good money as they did The Dodgers in Cincinnati around Memorial Day series. Reds are making home game money, and winning games, and that is good baseball....The outfield stands are full against Cubs. If the outfield stands are full on TV, that means a packed house. I'm not seeing empty seats in this series.

I loved the De La Cruz homer that destroyed a beer cup someone was holding and beer flew all over the fans. That's what you call a Beer Bash.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 10:51 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ya know, a couple weeks ago I, as pretty much everybody else, have given the Reds up for dead. But these last few series have breathed new life into them and me. Perhaps they still can make some waves this season? Steer, Stephenson, and Candelario are all hitting much better. Elly has shown more signs of life. Herd a bees can perhaps develop. Friedl is improving.

Who knows? maybe they can challenge for a wild card?

But it's a looonnggg season ahead, we'll see.

Quality starting pitching was there even in the May swoon.  It's hard to overestimate how important that is.  The offense and, at times, the pen were just that bad.  

Would be really nice (but also unexpected) if they went out and added a bat to boost the lineup here soon.  
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 12:57 PM)samhain Wrote: Quality starting pitching was there even in the May swoon.  It's hard to overestimate how important that is.  The offense and, at times, the pen were just that bad.  

Would be really nice (but also unexpected) if they went out and added a bat to boost the lineup here soon.  
I think I read something recently that quoted Krall saying he intends to be a BUYER this TDL, so I'd expect a RH outfield bat with some thump. Possibly a bullpen upgrade as well?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 01:27 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I think I read something recently that quoted Krall saying he intends to be a BUYER this TDL, so I'd expect a RH outfield bat with some thump. Possibly a bullpen upgrade as well?

I think JD Martinez would be a great guy to target.  Wouldn't cost a lot.  Would probably rake in GABP.
Reply/Quote
7 IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Pagan
Sims
Wilson

Bell tried to lose this game.

7 straight. Never thought that I'd say that with this team but I think we're seeing the impact of the return of TJ Friedl. 3 of the 4 RBI today and steady CF play. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 08:24 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Pagan
Sims
Wilson

7 straight. Never thought that I'd say that with this team but I think we're seeing the impact of the return of TJ Friedl. 3 of the 4 RBI today and steady CF play. 

He used Cruz as well, who was one of the pitchers who gave up a run despite being our best reliever. Diaz was used two days in a row, so he wasn't available, and Martinez has pitched 3 innings in the last 3 days, including 1 last night.

I personally would have used either Suter or Moll. I just don't trust Sims or Wilson. Or Farmer, for that matter. Pagan was just coming off the IL, so Bell probably saw this as an opportunity to get him stretched out. 

Bell manages his bullpen very strangely.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 08:43 PM)CJD Wrote: Bell manages his bullpen very strangely.

I personally think that Shogo Akiyama's failure to adapt to MLB was mostly because of mismanagement by Bell. He should have been the leadoff man and when Bell put him there at the end of his first season, the Reds went on a late season run to make the expanded playoffs. You'd think "They found their leadoff hitter." Nope. Put him in at 8th or 9th the next season and platoon his at bats so he never gets a feel for the game.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Ok that mitt is pretty sick.

[Image: GPg5IhgW4AAxMk7?format=jpg&name=large]

Reply/Quote
Apparently so goes Friedle so go the Reds.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2024, 08:24 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Pagan
Sims
Wilson

Well, let’s look at who they beat. Colorado who is 17 games under .500, 2nd worse record in national league and the Cubs who are 6-15 in last 21 games.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. 
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 01:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok that mitt is pretty sick.

[Image: GPg5IhgW4AAxMk7?format=jpg&name=large]

Yeah it is.

I’m not a big jersey guy. Haven’t worn any kind of jersey since Peter Warrick, and I’m heavily considering getting a brand new 44 jersey.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 09:54 AM)Timanky12 Wrote: Well, let’s look at who they beat. Colorado who is 17 games under .500, 2nd worse record in national league and the Cubs who are 6-15 in last 21 games.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. 

They’ve also swept the Dodgers, and won the season series against the Phillies. They weren’t beating the teams they should have for most of May, so this run has been nice regardless who it’s been against.

Reply/Quote
Reds did all their west coast trips early also. That should help.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 10:32 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Reds did all their west coast trips early also.  That should help.

Yep. At this moment, the remainder of our schedule has a collective winning percentage of 0.496, so that's nice too. There are a few tough opponents mixed in there, like the Yankees for 3, the Braves for 2 series of 3, and 2 Cleveland series of 2, but for the most part, we are through the toughest part of our schedule.

And then there's a ton of games against Milwaukee haha.
Reply/Quote
Well the win streak might be over already. Can't give up 3 runs in the first when the other pitcher has a sub 2.00 ERA.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote