Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Month Of April Games Thread.
Reds starting pitchers ERA - 2.17 entire staff 2.80

And they're 1-6

Just dumbfounding
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Now 1-6 on season. No runs scored last 3 games. Reds wasting some good pitching by Reds pitchers. So far this season is a flip flop. Now the pitching is good, but the hitting stinks.

There is a reason to stay tuned to the Reds. The announcers said they are going to be talking this season about the different uniforms the Reds have worn over the years. OH BOY, Golly Gee, WOW. Talk about Exciting.

The Reds could still SPLIT this series on the road. They would have to win Saturday and Sunday. That means they have to score a run, and then score some more runs. It's not impossible. other teams score runs. Right now Reds are the least action, most boring team in baseball. Maybe why announcers forced to talk uniforms and bobble heads, because not a thing happening on the field.

IF they would Split this series, in series play they would have 0 wins, 1 loss, 2 splits. Climb to 3-6 record. Otherwise they will have 2-7 or 1-8 record. 1-8 is clinching last place early again. They didn't win any games in Spring Training, I know they don't count, but Reds haven't looked good in Cactus or Regular Season. I would consider it a positive if Reds would show some spunk and fight back and Split this series.

There must be some Cincinnati Fan curse on Reds and Bengals and this losing cloud raining on us all the time. I had a buddy of mine die in 1990. If he came back to life and asked what he missed on Reds & Bengals, I would say nothing, not a darn thing.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Reds suck ass. They don't even give a shit. If they don't care, why should I? Worst team in baseball again. If only they played with one bit of energy or passion. Kemp is pathetic. Puig is a joke. Winker, Schebler, bums.

No hitters at all. Defense blows. No leaders. They finally figured out it's okay to pitch well and forgot you're allowed to hit.

Shut out three times in a row. Haven't scored in four of seven games. They are losers. They know they are losers. They play like losers who know they are losers, defeated before they step onto the field. Might lose 130 games this year. Disgusting mess of a franchise. Happy 150, you ***** bush league assholes. You make me sick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I’d like to see Ervin recalled and get some time in CF.
Reply/Quote
They need Senzel and Scooter.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 10:45 PM)McC Wrote: The Reds suck ass.  They don't even give a shit.  If they don't care, why should I?  Worst team in baseball again.  If only they played with one bit of energy or passion.  Kemp is pathetic.  Puig is a joke.  Winker, Schebler, bums.  

No hitters at all.  Defense blows.  No leaders.  They finally figured out it's okay to pitch well and forgot you're allowed to hit.

Shut out three times in a row.   Haven't scored in four of seven games.  They are losers.  They know they are losers.  They play like losers who know they are losers, defeated before they step onto the field.  Might lose 130 games this year.  Disgusting mess of a franchise.  Happy 150, you ***** bush league assholes.  You make me sick.
and VOTTO.   Votto didn't hit last year. He didn't hit in Spring Training this year. He isn't hitting in regular season this year.  Votto is in a 2 year slump.   I know, nobody is suppose to mention him.  We are suppose to say how Great he is.   Of course nobody is hitting so it's not all Votto, but Votto does have to be included in the no hitting problem. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
1 and friggin 6.....have mercy on us please Lord
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote
I know that he’s beloved and evidently above criticism but 25 million per year should be worth an mvp performance. The guy is making 1/4th to 1/5th of the teams salary. I don’t know how the deferred money factors in. This guy is content on walking because he understands that his OBP is his only chance of getting into the Hall Of Fame. Nobody on the team is hitting but treating Votto as a hitting god is ridiculous when he’s not really a super hitter but he’s good at getting on base. He passes the buck! He’s a good hitter but is he worth a quarter of the teams salary when he looks for walks vs.being aggressive? I’ll admit, I could be way off but I’m tired of the Votto ass kissing when the Reds always lose.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 11:19 PM)kevin Wrote: and VOTTO.   Votto didn't hit last year. He didn't hit in Spring Training this year. He isn't hitting in regular season this year.  Votto is in a 2 year slump.   I know, nobody is suppose to mention him.  We are suppose to say how Great he is.   Of course nobody is hitting so it's not all Votto, but Votto does have to be included in the no hitting problem. 

(04-06-2019, 03:17 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I know that he’s beloved and evidently above criticism but 25 million per year should be worth an mvp performance. The guy is making 1/4th to 1/5th of the teams salary. I don’t know how the deferred money factors in. This guy is content on walking because he understands that his OBP is his only chance of getting into the Hall Of Fame. Nobody on the team is hitting but treating Votto as a hitting god is ridiculous when he’s not really a super hitter but he’s good at getting on base. He passes the buck! He’s a good hitter but is he worth a quarter of the teams salary when he looks for walks vs.being aggressive? I’ll admit, I could be way off but I’m tired of the Votto ass kissing when the Reds always lose.

Yup,

The past two seasons Votto's April and May have stunk ! This one is shaping up to be his third. Votto has to get it going if this team is to have any chance. They're already digging a hole from which it's going to be hard to recover.

Kemp looked awful yesterday I'm not even sure he made contact more than once or twice. Like somebody else said they need to bring up Erwin or something ? Schebler and Winker are both stinking the joint up like .050 BA
Reply/Quote
No predictions that today will be the day they start hitting? How about predictions of the 4th consecutive shutout? 
Will they make history again this season on the wrong side of the ledger? These and other questions can only be answered by none other than the bumbling Cincinnati Reds. 
At least the defense isn't as bad as Seattle's D with a whopping 16 errors to start the season.. Hey! We share the lead with Oakland in stolen bases against us with 8....none caught stealing as of yet..
Perhaps we'll win the honor of having the most losses in 1 run shutouts. 5 20 game losers with the best over all ERA's in baseball? That would be a kick in the head.. What are the odds we have the best over all pitching staff in baseball and lose the most games for the season? I know...not gonna happen, but what a hoot if it did..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Well, off to a great start already.. 1 2 3 first.. At least they haven't broken the scoreless streak..

I know.. I said I wasn't going to watch until they started hitting, but I just can't look away at things like wrecks, bloody corpses on the sidewalk, Reds, Bengals,  etc.. 
Pirates already on base.. So much for Roark's no hitter..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Game over..1-0 in the first and Puig didn't get a decent jump on the ball hit.. and even worse throw in.. What a STAR, eh? 

Reply/Quote
Peraza has been hitting the ball well, just at fielders or when fielders are making really good plays.. 7 strikeouts however with 23 AB's.. Kind of too bad we're not playing against the Cubs right now since their pitching has been pretty bad. by the time we do play them in May their pitching will probably be MUCH better.. I'm sure the Cubs would prefer to play us right now as well.. 

Mercy... Roark throws late to home...2-0 with 1 out.. Nothing at all going the Reds way.. bloopers, bunts, you name it..  Woops.. they DID get the call at home.. Well, something actually went right even though it could have gone better with 2 outs on the play.. maybe getting the call at home will change everything and we'll start getting hits and runs.. That would be spiffier than a brand new roll of 1000 sheets per roll toilet paper! 

Reply/Quote
nice screw up by Moran.. Finally something went our way and WOOOOOHOOO! Scoreless streak is over with HR by Farmer! 2-1! 
Nice idea to play Farmer in place of Suarez for a change.. I had been kind of questioning it.....and Shebler with another hit.. Votto's turn now.

Reply/Quote
All of a sudden it's 3-1 Reds.. Casiali, Farmer, Shebler, Votto and Puig all hitting.. Kemp's turn..  Well that sucked on both Kemp and Votto's parts.. Kemp on the slow tapper and Votto for not going full bore.. Oh well.. Still 3-1 and the scoreless streak is over.. 

I'm gonna go cut the grass and hope they keep the lead in the meantime.. 

Reply/Quote
Farmer has been a pleasant surprise.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
OMG! Grass is cut and they're still in the lead and I didn't even go fish'n..  Nervous

Reply/Quote
Nice lil pickoff I thought was safe, but Joey was right there..  I'm not big on replay, but occasionally it goes our way.. 

Reply/Quote
Booo... but at least they weren't blnked with zero's.. Put it behind em.. The season ain't over yet folks. A win woulda been nice, but we ain't gonna win them all. Maybe finally getting beyond the shutouts will wake up the bats the rest of the way.  Try to be positive.  Cry

Maybe Disco or Castillo will toss a gem and the bats will roar to life..  This won't last forever.

Reply/Quote
1-7 now. Pirates go for the SWEEP Sunday. Nuff Said.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote