Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Month Of April Games Thread.
(04-10-2019, 10:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It is 2-1 correct?  Not 3-1.

I suck at math.. so sue me.. lol Let's just call it wishful thinking and split the difference..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 10:22 PM)grampahol Wrote: I suck at math.. so sue me.. lol Let's just call it wishful thinking and split the difference..

is it too dark for you to go outside and fish in a creek?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 10:24 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: is it too dark for you to go outside and fish in a creek?

The creek out back has a lake on top of it..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
And there we go folks! The beginning of the end and only the 2nd of that 50 game winning streak ..only 48 to go..

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 10:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: And there we go folks! The beginning of the end and only the 2nd of that 50 game winning streak ..only 48 to go..

I'll be happy if they can just complete the sweep tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 10:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll be happy if they can just complete the sweep tomorrow.

3 outta 3 ain't bad.. 

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 10:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Garrett has looked quit good early this season. Much improved.

He always starts out well, gets hurt in May and never regains his early season form. He needs to stay healthy this year.

Looks like Winker might be waking up, finally.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 12:34 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: He always starts out well, gets hurt in May and never regains his early season form. He needs to stay healthy this year.

Looks like Winker might be waking up, finally.

I have this weird feeling that Winker will eventually be the best offensive player on the Reds. It may not be this year but it won’t surprise me if it is. I don’t believe that Votto will ever be the best hitter on the team again. Hopefully Votto can perform better than the average ten million a year guy over the next five years. It’s exciting to see competent pitching early on.
Reply/Quote
Good Win. Reds are now are 1 win, 2 losses, 1 tie in series play. They got their first series win. A sweep today would be nice and get the team from 3-8 to 4-8 with 3 straight wins. That's how you climb back up, by getting on a winning streak.

The next series is in Mexico against always tough St Louis. Just a 2 game series. If Reds can just win 1, they get a Split. They need to at least win 1 in Mexico. With today's final Miami game and then the 2 in Mexico, I'm hoping Reds win 2 if the 3 this weekend which starts Thursday afternoon due to no Friday Game and Reds already winning the Miami series. I say sweep Miami today and at least win 1 in Mexico. Hopefully Sunday Night Reds are 5-9 or 6-8 on the season, a huge jump from 1-8. Hopefully not 3-11.

GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 04:24 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I have this weird feeling that Winker will eventually be the best offensive player on the Reds. It may not be this year but it won’t surprise me if it is. I don’t believe that Votto will ever be the best hitter on the team again. Hopefully Votto can perform better than the average ten million a year guy over the next five years. It’s exciting to see competent pitching early on.

I don't think anyone realistically expected Votto to be in the MVP running forever. I think that long term contract was a mistake, but they did it and will have to live with it. That deal did bring with it a LOT of unrealistic expectations though. He's still one of the best hitters in the game, just not THE best. Votto's always been kind of streaky though. When he's on he's really on. When he's off he might as well go take a nap in the clubhouse. On average though I'm more than happy the Reds have Joey Votto as opposed to almost anyone else at his position. 

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 12:42 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't think anyone realistically expected Votto to be in the MVP running forever. I think that long term contract was a mistake, but they did it and will have to live with it. That deal did bring with it a LOT of unrealistic expectations though. He's still one of the best hitters in the game, just not THE best. Votto's always been kind of streaky though. When he's on he's really on. When he's off he might as well go take a nap in the clubhouse. On average though I'm more than happy the Reds have Joey Votto as opposed to almost anyone else at his position. 

I remember most people loving locking up Votto. I scratched my head at the time because he still had a few years left on his contract and he just had an MVP year. He wasn’t going anywhere for a few years and his price wasn’t going to go up, it could only go down. It was a stupid business decision with having years left on the existing contract. He got hurt soon after that and probably could have been signed at half price if they would have negotiated during his final year of the contract. Votto has been a great player and I really hope that he’s not terrible his last 2-3 years. His Defense and Base Running isn’t very good. If he continues to slip with the stick while making 25 mil a year, the Boo Birds will come out. I hope that he can finish the contract well enough to go out gracefully.
Reply/Quote
Gray just got drilled in the foot/ankle area with a liner up the middle. He's still pitching and seems ok.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 02:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Gray just got drilled in the foot/ankle area with a liner up the middle. He's still pitching and seems ok.

Apparently it stiffened up.. Stephenson in there.. We'll see how he does. Hopefully great..  1 inning of pretty darn good so far.. Better than terrible..

Reply/Quote
Well how about that Sports fans? All of a sudden it's 4-0. I had a feeling Lopez was gonna fall to pieces this inning . It seems to be his MO..

Reply/Quote
Duke doesn't look too comfortable out there and he walks the first batter already . Not sure I like this so far..Shaky 1st inning for him, but he made it with no damage..

Reply/Quote
SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
How bout dat? A 1 run sweep of the Marlins.. Great for us. Embarrassing for the fish.. 

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 04:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: How bout dat? A 1 run sweep of the Marlins.. Great for us. Embarrassing for the fish.. 

SWEEP  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 04:30 PM)cinci4life Wrote: SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!

And oh boy did we need it. Only gave up 1 run in the three game series, just awesome !

Now if we can somehow take 5 of these next 9 on the road we'd come home 9-12 and be poised to start making up some ground.
Reply/Quote
OK....after 8 straight losses The Reds have 3 straight wins. They climb from 1-8 to 4-8.

Reds only allowed 1 Run in the 3 game series. Reds haven't done that since 1963 per what they flashed on TV.

Now off to Mexico for 2 games against St Louis. Off Friday for the travel. I'm hoping at least 5-9 when they leave Mexico, at least win 1 of the 2 games. Win Saturday. Put everything into Saturday. Win Saturday and they have a chance for that sweep also. Reds don't need it in reverse and them getting swept for 3rd time in early April.

So I'm not excited just yet because Reds still climbing out of the hole they dug. GO REDS.

There is no law that says Reds have to lose on the West Coast trip ahead of them.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote