Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rotoworld - Bengals want Russell Bodine back
(01-27-2018, 11:07 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, count on getting pushed into Dalton's lap.  Whatever

And promptly threw it out of bounds. Huh? Am I right? Huh? HUH?

Mellow

I honestly think that's ALL Mike is looking at. The rest of the season doesn't matter. Only those last 2 games against teams that didn't even make the playoffs.  Whatever

I'm gonna shit a brick if he throws that damn ball away on 4th down 1 more time. He is the only QB that I have ever seen do that. Amazing.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 10:58 AM)samhain Wrote: Problem isn't with signing him on the cheap really IMO.  Problem is, I don't get the feeling that they'll sign him on the cheap.  They'll give him more than he's worth on the open market and cite locker room presence and continuity as they did with Rey M and MJ.  My guess is that he'd get a league average (at his position) or better deal to stay in Cincinnati. 

He wouldn't be given that deal to "compete for the starting spot".  He'd be handed the job for the next 4 or 5 seasons with little to no fear of losing it to anyone on the roster or anywhere else.  This is what I expect to happen.  

Only way they cut bait is if he gets into a Kyle Cook situation and is just too banged up to trot out onto the field any longer.  

Ride or die with the rust bucket because Bengals.

Thank You! This is exactly what I was trying to say in my post. I agree this is what will happen even if we draft a C high (unlikely) he will sit behind this clown for a few years.
Reply/Quote
[Image: x0gW_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-w...lar&f=.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have too many x-coaches around the league that know Bodine sux.

Nobody wants him which will drive the price down and our owner loves him some bargains.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 02:50 PM)Go Cards Wrote: We have too many x-coaches around the league that know Bodine sux.  

Nobody wants him which will drive the price down and our owner loves him some bargains.

Yep, we're going to be stuck with him. Let's just hope he has enough pride to fix himself and stop looking like a wuss! Can you imagine a legacy he is destined for? Hanging out with friends and saying, "Back when I played in the NFL" and then cut off by his friends with laughter stating how bad he sucked and was lucky he had knee pads with MB written on them? 

Reply/Quote
A cheap backup deal for a 25 year old with 4 years of starting expereince i wouldnt mind.

Paying him as an average starter would be a crime
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 12:47 PM)Synric Wrote: They say they are trying to resign Bodine and only interviewing receivers that will go on the first 2 days of the draft at the Senior Bowl.

I gots to say it does look a wee bit strange.

After selecting Ross with the #9 pick last year and now they want to spend another pick in the first two rounds on a receiver. I believe Mike Brown is going to send AJ Green packing when his contract is up at the end of next year.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 03:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: After selecting Ross with the #9 pick last year and now they want to spend another pick in the first two rounds on a receiver. I believe Mike Brown is going to send AJ Green packing when his contract is up at the end of next year.

Wish we could send MB packing !!!

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 03:08 PM)BengalChris Wrote: After selecting Ross with the #9 pick last year and now they want to spend another pick in the first two rounds on a receiver. I believe Mike Brown is going to send AJ Green packing when his contract is up at the end of next year.

If they take another receiver in the first, I will lose my mind. 

Not to self--do not watch this year's draft at home.  TV's are not cheap to replace.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 03:20 PM)McC Wrote: If they take another receiver in the first, I will lose my mind. 

Not to self--do not watch this year's draft at home.  TV's are not cheap to replace.

This sucks! You know if they do, it all MB right? Marvin can't be that stupid.

Reply/Quote
Ha! It's only going to take one more one and done in the playoffs for Bengals.com to pronounce the team fixed and right back into contention for yet another great 6-10 run! And don't forget those last two seasonal wins to keep on Marvinizing them.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 10:58 AM)samhain Wrote: Problem isn't with signing him on the cheap really IMO.  Problem is, I don't get the feeling that they'll sign him on the cheap.  They'll give him more than he's worth on the open market and cite locker room presence and continuity as they did with Rey M and MJ.  My guess is that he'd get a league average (at his position) or better deal to stay in Cincinnati. 

He wouldn't be given that deal to "compete for the starting spot".  He'd be handed the job for the next 4 or 5 seasons with little to no fear of losing it to anyone on the roster or anywhere else.  This is what I expect to happen.  

Only way they cut bait is if he gets into a Kyle Cook situation and is just too banged up to trot out onto the field any longer.  

Ride or die with the rust bucket because Bengals.

That's exactly what the Bengals should not do, therefore, I believe that is exactly what they will do. Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 03:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Wish we could send MB packing !!!

[Image: amen-to-that.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 04:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In yet another unsurprising move, it's being reported that Marvin Lewis and the Bengals want to re-sign Russell Bodine.
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?ls=roto:nfl:gnav

FML. Continuity will be the death of this organization.

He might be an okay backup. But that is it. I think the smarter move would be to just keep TJ Johnson who is
just as good anyways and cheaper. Draft a Center with our 2nd pick regardless. Not going to flip out here.

Normal Marv speak but if MB was so cheap he would just keep TJ and let Bodine go.
Reply/Quote
No surprise.... Just more of the same.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 12:19 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I would think that Mason Cole from Michigan would be a target for the Bengals. He's listed as a Center and Tackle, both dire positions of need for the Bengals.

I think they are judging the last two games of the year way too much. That said, if Pollack likes Bodine, we may have to eat that shit sandwich and hope he can turn him into a serviceable starter.

He was actually ranked the #1 Center last draft if he came out. I have no idea how he did this season though.
Reply/Quote
When will this nightmare end. If we re sign Bodine, bring back mauluga and say they will stick Ogbuehi at LT I'll quit watching the Bengals and instead work the street corner as a hooker on Sundays
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 10:44 PM)TKUHL Wrote: He was actually ranked the #1 Center last draft if he came out. I have no idea how he did this season though.

He was moved back to LT IIRC? And performed just serviceable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Assuming Bodine was not $4+ mill a year (even though I fear he would be because of how this franchise operates), I'd be fine with him competing with TJ Johnson and a high draft pick.
However, what I fear is the re-signing of Bodine would give the coaches an excuse to wait on drafting a C until Day 3 or potentially not draft one at all.
That is my nightmare.

Most likely, based off our past drafts and playing, Bodine will compete with a camp body and a low draft pick, with the idea that we're drafting the pick to replace Bodine. Sooo... there won't be much competition, and we'll most likely have Bodine starting for another season or two while they groom his replacement.

Look on the bright side we're probably only 3-4 years away from upgrading our worst position.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 12:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He was moved back to LT IIRC? And performed just serviceable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good to me.
Reply/Quote