Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Article on Palmer
The way the Bengals are portrayed in this article is pathetic.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000540997/article/carson-palmer-burying-bad-vibes-from-bengals-break-in-Arizona

"In Palmer's mind, however, his most formidable foe never recorded a sack or an interception against him, and in fact was not a team but a single man: Bengals owner Mike Brown, with whom Palmer engaged in a Take This Job And Shove It staredown that provoked the quarterback's premature retirement and, eventually, abrupt departure from Cincinnati four seasons ago. "

"Palmer goes on to say "I took an owner head-on, you know?" Palmer told me as the two of us stood at his University of Phoenix Stadium locker following the Cards' 47-7 thrashing of the Niners, which gave Arizona (3-0) a two-game lead in the NFC West three weeks into the season. "That's shunned in this league, and people don't like it -- and the NFL definitely doesn't like it. That's hurt me a lot, and I've been bounced around pretty good since it happened."

the quarterback was awash in his newfound "football heaven," a term employed by tight end Jermaine Gresham, recently acquired from (you guessed it) the Bengals.

"He's pretty [expletive] good," Gresham said of Palmer, with whom he was teammates in Cincinnati during the 2010 campaign. "I think he can be even better."

I'm glad Andy Dalton is my quarterback, and I'm glad Gresham is no longer a Bengal.

Palmer takes pride in 'taking on an owner head-on'? Pathetic.

Defend Palmer all you want but it's petty.
Reply/Quote
I think it says a lot bout Palmer that this team got better without him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Saw the article. Palmer still trying to justify himself. But he is playing very well right now.
Reply/Quote
Many people always wanted someone to step up against Mike Brown and stand up for wanting a better organization.

Palmer, in a sense, did that. And I don't mind it. Wasn't the most ideal, but it was necessary.

Palmer is playing lights out. Cool. So is Andy Dalton.

It happened years ago. We got Gio and Kirkpatrick for a player who didn't want to play here.

And I don't blame for Gresham signing somewhere else. He got more flake than he deserved. And he never said anything bad about the team or anything.

Also find it funny that he was questioned for not being tough enough. Meanwhile he played with a back injury he needed surgery for and drove teams away from signing him.

Palmer is a Cardinal. Not a Bengal. We'll see him in November.

It's better to look at the future of the team, not the past. What he did benefited the Bengals in the long haul.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:17 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: What he did benefited the Bengals in the long haul.

I definitely think it gave Marvin leverage to negotiate for more control over the team, which was good.

That was an incidental byproduct of Palmer's actions, though. Palmer didn't do what he did because he wanted the Bengals to become better with or without him. He did it because he's a selfish whiny noodle-arm crybaby, and the Bengals are going to kick his ass again in November. It's the easiest thing in the world to get inside that little fraidy cat head of his.
Reply/Quote
Fun to see a lot of Palmer hate. Somethings never change.

[Image: rE1BmU9.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:40 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The way the Bengals are portrayed in this article is pathetic.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000540997/article/carson-palmer-burying-bad-vibes-from-bengals-break-in-Arizona

"In Palmer's mind, however, his most formidable foe never recorded a sack or an interception against him, and in fact was not a team but a single man: Bengals owner Mike Brown, with whom Palmer engaged in a Take This Job And Shove It staredown that provoked the quarterback's premature retirement and, eventually, abrupt departure from Cincinnati four seasons ago. "

"Palmer goes on to say "I took an owner head-on, you know?" Palmer told me as the two of us stood at his University of Phoenix Stadium locker following the Cards' 47-7 thrashing of the Niners, which gave Arizona (3-0) a two-game lead in the NFC West three weeks into the season. "That's shunned in this league, and people don't like it -- and the NFL definitely doesn't like it. That's hurt me a lot, and I've been bounced around pretty good since it happened."

the quarterback was awash in his newfound "football heaven," a term employed by tight end Jermaine Gresham, recently acquired from (you guessed it) the Bengals.

"He's pretty [expletive] good," Gresham said of Palmer, with whom he was teammates in Cincinnati during the 2010 campaign. "I think he can be even better."

I'm glad Andy Dalton is my quarterback, and I'm glad Gresham is no longer a Bengal.

Palmer takes pride in 'taking on an owner head-on'? Pathetic.

Defend Palmer all you want but it's petty.
I want to face him in the Super Bowl and send him home crying again. Also, Gresham could finally be an asset to the Bengals by playing for the other team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:25 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I definitely think it gave Marvin leverage to negotiate for more control over the team, which was good.

That was an incidental byproduct of Palmer's actions, though. Palmer didn't do what he did because he wanted the Bengals to become better with or without him. He did it because he's a selfish whiny noodle-arm crybaby, and the Bengals are going to kick his ass again in November. It's the easiest thing in the world to get inside that little fraidy cat head of his.

Wow, I agree with you.  First time for everything.
Reply/Quote
He's such a *****.

His story has changed so many times.

First, it was him wanting out of Cinci because he feared f or his family because he had trash thrown on his lawn (didn't happen, by the way, per people in Indian Hill).

Then it was a mutual parting of ways.

Then it was because the neighbor's dog kept pooping in his yard.

Then it was because management not making necessary changes,

And on and on and on.
Reply/Quote
Every Palmer thread ever.

[Image: 640px-Resized_sound-of-music-meme-genera...c90b18.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Palmer obviously wasn't happy here, the fans were not happy with him here, the coaches were not happy with him here. We are better now that he's gone. And he seems to be doing well in Arizona.

It sounds like everything worked out the way it should have.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 08:40 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Every Palmer thread ever.

People who defend Carson's departure are just "Butthurt" over the Bengals organization.
Reply/Quote

Or maybe we don't like quitters who bail on their responsibilities.  Whitworth patched this team back together mentally and emotionally after Palmer left.  I wouldn't take 10 Carson Palmers for an Andrew Whitworth.  
Reply/Quote
Still talking about Cinci. Looks like someone hasn't moved on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:17 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Many people always wanted someone to step up against Mike Brown and stand up for wanting a better organization.

Palmer, in a sense, did that. And I don't mind it. Wasn't the most ideal, but it was necessary.

Palmer is playing lights out. Cool. So is Andy Dalton.

It happened years ago. We got Gio and Kirkpatrick for a player who didn't want to play here.

And I don't blame for Gresham signing somewhere else. He got more flake than he deserved. And he never said anything bad about the team or anything.

Also find it funny that he was questioned for not being tough enough. Meanwhile he played with a back injury he needed surgery for and drove teams away from signing him.

Palmer is a Cardinal. Not a Bengal. We'll see him in November.

It's better to look at the future of the team, not the past. What he did benefited the Bengals in the long haul.

Spot on.....we begged for years for someone to take Son of Paul to task.  Someone does it, and the same folks who wanted that cry over the guy doing it..... LMAO

(09-29-2015, 03:25 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I definitely think it gave Marvin leverage to negotiate for more control over the team, which was good.

Most definitely.....as for the noodle arm part.....sure didn't look very noodle like Sunday....ask the Niners about it.

LOL

(09-29-2015, 09:09 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Palmer obviously wasn't happy here, the fans were not happy with him here, the coaches were not happy with him here. We are better now that he's gone. And he seems to be doing well in Arizona.

It sounds like everything worked out the way it should have.

Ditto.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
At the time, I didn't blame Palmer. I thought it was unprofessional and made him look like a baby, but, I understood his point of view somewhat. To be fair to the Bengals though, they did get rid of Bratkowski as an attempt to have Palmer stay. Didn't work obviously.

If he had just kept his mouth shut ever since then I still wouldn't have a problem with it but now, I'm seeing someone who is upset about a decision THEY MADE on their own. The Bengals were the biggest beneficiaries and have gone on to bigger and better things. Palmer finally found a great place for himself in Arizona and like it or not, has been playing tremendous football.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 09:36 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: People who defend Carson's departure are just "Butthurt" over the Bengals organization.

Cry Cry Cry

(09-29-2015, 09:42 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Or maybe we don't like quitters who bail on their responsibilities.  Whitworth patched this team back together mentally and emotionally after Palmer left.  I wouldn't take 10 Carson Palmers for an Andrew Whitworth.  

Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
I have no Ill will for CP. Life is too short.

He didn't want to be here and threw a temper tantrum and we got Gio, Dre, and Hue. And we haven't missed the playoffs since.
Reply/Quote
I vote for a "MEGA CARSON PALMER SUPER DUPER BUTTHURT THREAD" to be added to the top of the boards to go along with the Andy one.

These Cincinnati folk can't help themselves but spend so much of their time worrying about a guy that is long gone while claiming they "don't care" or "have forgotten" about him. We should have 1 big butthurt thread for everyone to cry in regarding Carson's departure.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 09:42 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote:  I wouldn't take 10 Carson Palmers for an Andrew Whitworth.  

Well that's a no brainer. What team needs 10 quarter backs?
Reply/Quote