Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Style over Substance
I hope you Team Chase people are happy.

Oh, how quickly you all forgot. Mark my words. Last night will be considered the worst draft pick from the Bengals in the last 10 years.
(04-30-2021, 09:15 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I hope you Team Chase people are happy.

Oh, how quickly you all forgot. Mark my words. Last night will be considered the worst draft pick from the Bengals in the last 10 years.

John Ross would like to have a word with you. You know we took him the pick before Mahomes right?
https://youtu.be/JUBIU0gkWfs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(04-30-2021, 09:15 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I hope you Team Chase people are happy.

Ecstatic..... as I would have been as well  if they had taken Sewell.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Listen I'm not on the Team Chase bandwagon either dude.  

However, Chase could be a very nice piece to the puzzle.  This team needs a LOT more pieces to the puzzle to complete it. 

I thought they should've went OL with the first pick but that's my opinion.   I'm willing to give Chase a chance this year to show what he has before I say he's going to be the biggest bust in the last 10 years because right now that belongs to MANY others from 2015-2020

I am also of the opinion this team won't win enough games this year that Taylor and his posse will be gone at the end of the season. 

I do think they're only a few pieces from potentially a winning season. 

Their only issue is all the other teams in our division are good at the same time the Bengals are up and coming. 
There are about 90 linemen available right now including at least two consensus first round picks.

Snore.

I was never "Team Chase", but I love the player (and I absolutely hated the Ross pick at the time), and groaning about this right now with the way the first round fell just seems so extremely lazy. Let's aspire to be better than ESPN talking heads.
(04-30-2021, 09:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: John Ross would like to have a word with you. You know we took him the pick before Mahomes right?

So would Oogie Boogie and Billy Price.
(04-30-2021, 09:20 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: There are about 90 linemen available right now including at least two consensus first round picks.

Snore.

I was never "Team Chase", but I love the player (and I absolutely hated the Ross pick at the time), and groaning about this right now with the way the first round fell just seems so extremely lazy. Let's aspire to be better than ESPN talking heads.

Bengals are just sitting on their ass and hoping an O linemen walks over all sexy and sits on their lap like  a dime piece at a strip club. What makes you so sure other aggressive teams won't trade up to get over the hapless Bengals? 

Last time the Bengals FO tried that we got the Price is right center. Color me skeptical.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wasted the pick on an interior D linemen instead,

I think this is a stretch to say Bigzoman.  I was banging the drum hard for O-line in 1st preferrably Sewell, but I think Chase has a slim chance to really be a bust.  But rereading your post I don't think you meant to imply he would be bust, rather that the choice itself was bad.  I can understand that.  It just has to play itself out at this point. Best case is that Chase transforms the offense and has wild success, worst case the O-line gets Burrow banged up again. As with most things, the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

One thing I feel confident about is that Chase is worlds and leagues above Ross. You can make a good argument that OL was a bigger need than WR, but at least the WR we got is legit. I just can't see Chase being a bust and definitely dont see him being as weak minded as Ross.

Given how the board played out, there were 5 OL who went in Rd 1 and 5 WRs.
Out of the remaining players available in Rd 2, I only consider 2 WRs worth taking at 38 (Moore, Marshall) but 8 OL.
So I think the Bengals made a good decision.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(04-30-2021, 09:20 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So would Oogie Boogie and Billy Price.

can we please thow Dennard and Kirkpatrick on this list with those 2 and Price?   

Geez, look at our drafts since 2011 you have to wonder HTF is Tobin still in charge of player and personnel lol

Good lord!

Ridiculous statement. You got an all world WR finally that can take crazy heat off the OL. Burrow got sacked as much by corner/safety blitzes as he did by DL. Defenses can't blitz as much with great outside weapons now nor can they load the box with a safety or else you're leaving far too much single coverage and a great and smart QB like Burrow will pick that apart.

Now, had they not signed Rieff then you got a point but there's also at least a dozen tremendous OL out there with grades from mid 1st round to mid 2nd round. Bengals can lick their chops now to get a couple more.

And if we needed a clear choice for "Feminine Hygiene Post of the Year"...
(04-30-2021, 09:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And if we needed a clear choice for "Feminine Hygiene Post of the Year"...

And here I was trying to figure out how to say "change your tampon" without getting banned...... Hilarious
(04-30-2021, 09:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://youtu.be/JUBIU0gkWfs

Well said.  Joe Mixon seemed pretty happy on Twitter last night...
If you want substance you might get to see about 600lbs of substance tonight.

The draft went about as well as they could have hoped for last night. There are at least 12 offensive linemen available right now that the bengals can pick who will start day 1.
(04-30-2021, 09:32 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Ridiculous statement. You got an all world WR finally that can take crazy heat off the OL. Burrow got sacked as much by corner/safety blitzes as he did by DL. Defenses can't blitz as much with great outside weapons now nor can they load the box with a safety or else you're leaving far too much single coverage and a great and smart QB like Burrow will pick that apart.

Now, had they not signed Rieff then you got a point but there's also at least a dozen tremendous OL out there with grades from mid 1st round to mid 2nd round. Bengals can lick their chops now to get a couple more.

Is Joe Burrow and elite generational QB or isn't he? 

Seriously, because with so many people wanting Chase, fewer people believe that he's not than those that think he is.

Elite generational QBs DON'T NEED all-time receivers to elevate an offense. What do they need? At least an above-average O-line.

Factor in the fact that Chase hasn't played in over a  year, appears to have an ego that rivals Ocho-Hellno ("My term jersey is gonna be number 1, because i'm number one! lolololol) and this reeks of something we're gonna regret in 5-10 years time. 

The only upside is me calling the Bengals LSU north for the jokesies.
(04-30-2021, 09:26 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Bengals are just sitting on their ass and hoping an O linemen walks over all sexy and sits on their lap like  a dime piece at a strip club. What makes you so sure other aggressive teams won't trade up to get over the hapless Bengals? 

Last time the Bengals FO tried that we got the Price is right center. Color me skeptical.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wasted the pick on an interior D linemen instead,

Even if all five draft slots ahead of the Bengals end up offensive linemen, regardless of who takes them, at least one player that "Team Chase" people hoped for will be available. It's a mathematical certainty.

It's also highly unlikely every single pick in front will be offensive linemen. Jenkins, Cosmi, Eichenberg, and Humphrey are not all getting taken before 38. If the Bengals have a splendid prospect like any of these available and pass on OL in the second round, then I'll leave you to your doomsday prognosticating without another word. For now though, this thing has gone even better than the most optimistic Chase advocates hoped.
Try to be happy dude. Chase has All-Pro upside and with how the draft has fallen, it looks like they're about to get a nice long-term upgrade on the OL.