Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Bengals Board: 3 Years and Still Going Strong!
(05-13-2018, 02:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hey, maybe if we ask the man so often credited with being the purveyor of cheap, the one whose papa the stadium is  named after if he'll pay for all of us to get together someday on the 50 yardline on the B.. You don't know until you ask. I'm not suggesting that this is in any way going to come to fruition, but it would be kind of cool if it did and would go a long way to rehabilitating his image as the worst team owner in all of sport.. 
Dear M, will you pay for transportation and accommodations for every member of the Bengals board in exchange for us not saying you're the worst team owner ever? 
Sincerely, 
Some insane fan of the team  

The first board I ever joined, back in 2001, we had all decided to get together for an event. One of the posters rented out his condo complex's clubhouse. We ended up having over 30 people there and even a few players that had condos show up. We made a weekend event of it and then go to the game on Sunday and then go our separate ways. It lasted 4-5 years and I still call and talk to a lot of them. It'd be fun to do something like that with you guys, someday. Now that I'm retired, a little easier also.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 11:55 AM)sandwedge Wrote: The first board I ever joined, back in 2001, we had all decided to get together for an event. One of the posters rented out his condo complex's clubhouse. We ended up having over 30 people there and even a few players that had condos show up. We made a weekend event of it and then go to the game on Sunday and then go our separate ways. It lasted 4-5 years and I still call and talk to a lot of them. It'd be fun to do something like that with you guys, someday. Now that I'm retired, a little easier also.
The only time I ever got together with a bunch of people from a board or chat room (yeah, those great old AOHell chat rooms) it turned out to be the exact opposite of having anything in common other than everyone wanted to get too drunk to remember anything. That evening went down as one of the anti-highlights of my life.. I somehow managed to make it home without getting arrested for DUI and admittedly I should have been arrested. I still think about those busloads of nuns and orphans I ran over.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 11:55 AM)sandwedge Wrote: The first board I ever joined, back in 2001, we had all decided to get together for an event. One of the posters rented out his condo complex's clubhouse. We ended up having over 30 people there and even a few players that had condos show up. We made a weekend event of it and then go to the game on Sunday and then go our separate ways. It lasted 4-5 years and I still call and talk to a lot of them. It'd be fun to do something like that with you guys, someday. Now that I'm retired, a little easier also.

I'm down.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If i ever get to Cincy for a game, I'll be hitting ya'll up for a pregame tailgate get together.  I think that'd be a lot of fun. 

Congrats to the Bengals board and everyone involved to making it 3 years!  That is sincerely quite the accomplishment. Proud of being a small part of something so much bigger. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Great place to hang out. Just joined ,was on the old board as Old White Guy. Look forward to many fun posts. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Not sure who to be thanking, but thank you for providing this site for Bengals fans from all over to unite. What i've found is i've stopped checking in on the team site daily like I used to when the message boards were still there. This board is now where I check for Bengals' news/updates daily. Guess you can say this is my "No Hob-spin Zone".
Reply/Quote
'11-'15 playoffs every year.

Then his board comes along.

Three years and no playoffs.

Just sayin'.
Reply/Quote
We blame you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 04:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: '11-'15 playoffs every year.

Just sayin'.

Well for starters, football season for 2018 is still a few months away.
Reply/Quote

Just sayin'.

Obviously, the board is too interesting and engaging, drawing the Bengals coaching staff away from their duties and encouraging them to spend all their time here instead of developing, scouting and gameplanning.

Obviously.

Mellow
Reply/Quote

Just sayin'.

This board was started in May of 2015, so the 12-4 season (8-0 start) happened with this board.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 01:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This board was started in May of 2015, so the 12-4 season (8-0 start) happened with this board.  Mellow

Never mind.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 07:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Never mind.

Easy to overlook Fred.....all the Anti-Andy crowd was eerily silent that first year. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
So we have folks suggesting that this board is somehow responsible for the win/loss record of the team as if by chance players rally and say, "Let's go lose one for the Gipper and that new board!"? 
I suppose that's possible, but the odds of it being so aren't really all that great ..  It's kind of like saying I started smoking at 15 years old so any player wearing #15 will die from lung cancer in their first season .. Well, its probably not really saying that.. Heck, we can try to make anything the fault of the team's problems ..  I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee yet this morning so Ross will fail as a 2nd year player as a result .. It's definately all my fault .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 02:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hey, maybe if we ask the man so often credited with being the purveyor of cheap, the one whose papa the stadium is  named after if he'll pay for all of us to get together someday on the 50 yardline on the B.. You don't know until you ask. I'm not suggesting that this is in any way going to come to fruition, but it would be kind of cool if it did and would go a long way to rehabilitating his image as the worst team owner in all of sport.. 
Dear M, will you pay for transportation and accommodations for every member of the Bengals board in exchange for us not saying you're the worst team owner ever? 
Sincerely, 
Some insane fan of the team  

I'm thinking that we'll want to stop referring to him as "Mikey".   And I'm pretty sure many of us have already said "You're the worst team owner ever".   And who coined that first, us or Paul Daugherty?

Or we'll need to wait to ask Katie.   But then we might want to stop referring to her father as "Mikey"

Or we'll have to pay to reserve the space at the "B".   There might be a "B" license involved...

If we pay for it we can probably pay the Bengals to let us reserve the "B" for "The Message Board at 50".

Of course most of us will be dead.

I wonder.  Will our children say, "He used to be called 'Mikey' back in the day"?

Or will the Message Board die out with the current generation? Whatever
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 02:03 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: When I was more active I used to post at work mostly, but now that I'm a truck driver up in North Dakota (I haven't met another Bengals fan yet, lol) I always have to post at home. Kinda wish I could be as active as I used to be.

Dude,

Don't you know how to text???   I mean the only thing you're going to hit up there is a bear, elk or badger...   Of course if you hit a skunk it could be a Bengals fan in their Color Rush uniform.
Reply/Quote

Just sayin'.

Ah, where's the damn thumbs down button when you really need one?

You do know that this board was up for the 2015 season?

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 12:21 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm thinking that we'll want to stop referring to him as "Mikey".   And I'm pretty sure many of us have already said "You're the worst team owner ever".   And who coined that first, us or Paul Daugherty?

Or we'll need to wait to ask Katie.   But then we might want to stop referring to her father as "Mikey"

Or we'll have to pay to reserve the space at the "B".   There might be a "B" license involved...

If we pay for it we can probably pay the Bengals to let us reserve the "B" for "The Message Board at 50".

Of course most of us will be dead.

I wonder.  Will our children say, "He used to be called 'Mikey' back in the day"?

Or will the Message Board die out with the current generation? Whatever

I believe he's been called that and worse long before the mothership board even went up.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 01:38 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe he's been called that and worse long before the mothership board even went up.

The earliest article I could find mentioned that Mike Brown would sign his autograph's as "Mikey Boy" (if you asked) way back in 1995.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
3 years and only one wiping ass thread?  we really do need to step up our game.  :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote