Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Difference between the Bengals and Pittsburg?
The Steelers also have excellent coordinators who aren't afraid to break script and take chances. They're basically the antithesis of the limp-d!cks the Bengals employ. They put pressure on the opposing offense/defense. That is not the case in Cincy, where vanilla is the rule.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 09:47 PM)cvbengals Wrote: They're just a better run organization, better owners, better coaching, better players. Maybe one day we'll get there, but we're not there now or will be in the near future, Steelers don't cheat, refs don't favor them. We dominated them in the 80s but not since, Plain and simple. They're better.

That's one of the biggest crocks I've ever seen on these boards.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:26 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: That's one of the biggest crocks I've ever seen on these boards.
GO STRIPES!!!

The better players and no cheating could be argued, but the rest, sadly is spot on. Hard to argue the results.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:26 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: That's one of the biggest crocks I've ever seen on these boards.
GO STRIPES!!!

i would expect no less from an iowa hawkeye fan. your fanbase knows about as well about a winner as our bengal fanbase. they haven't had one in their lifetime, don't know what it looks like, and don't know what to expect. as a longtime bengal fan & Kentucky Wildcat fan i can tell you this bengal team is on the decline. you won't be here much next year but i'll be here until my last breathe. in the meantime peter jok is at least on the wooden list. you will not win the big ten, that much is obvious.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:10 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: But keep in mind that those stats include the 1990s, when the Bengals could have lost to a good college team. What's the record since Marvin Lewis became the head coach?
GO STRIPES!!!

The POINT of the post was to sure the difference in records of the OWNERS not the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:35 AM)WildCat Wrote: i would expect no less from an iowa hawkeye fan. your fanbase knows about as well about a winner as our bengal fanbase. they haven't had one in their lifetime, don't know what it looks like, and don't know what to expect. as a longtime bengal fan & Kentucky Wildcat fan i can tell you this bengal team is on the decline. you won't be here much next year but i'll be here until my last breathe. in the meantime peter jok is at least on the wooden list. you will not win the big ten, that much is obvious.

Oh well. You wouldn't be the first to have a hard-on for the Hawks.

Don't know how to win? Yeah sure.... ya might wanna rethink that notion:

Basketball since 1974: 800-517 (65%); 1 B1G title; 20 NCAA tourney appearances.

Football since 1978: 226-153 (68%), including 5 B1G titles and one B1G title game.

BTW.... I've probably been a Bengals fan longer than you've been alive.

In the mean time....go brush your tooth.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 01:25 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 6 FGs won't be enough in Foxboro.

And It definitely wouldn't be enough against Rodgers or Ryan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
NE going to win it all again.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are mentally tough. People can say they won because of the officials...but Bell almost had 200 yards rushing. Brown had over 100 yards receiving in the 1st half.

KC couldn't move the ball against the Steelers and when they did guys let the ball go straight through their hands.

MENTAL TOUGHNESS and PLAYMAKING are the keys to winning playoff games.

The Bengals are mentally weak. That's why they lose games in primetime. That's why they lose playoff games to teams like San Diego that just squeeked in.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers expect to win big games. The Bengals hope to win big games. Simple as that.
Reply/Quote
One of the teams is well managed and understands how to collect talent that wins them championship's.

The other is not managed properly, doesn't understand how to get the most out of its talent, and that's seems to be "OK" for an owner that would rather collect money than championship's.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 07:27 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: One of the teams is well managed and understands how to collect talent that wins them championship's.

The other is not manged properly, doesn't understand how to get the most out of its talent, and that's seems to be "OK" for an owner that would rather collect money than championship's.

Exactly,

One teams goal is winning championships, nothing else matters.

The other team thinks winning is ok, if it happens cool. But saving money and having one big loyal happy family is the focus.

Which one is which ?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 08:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly,

One teams goal is winning championships, nothing else matters.

The other team thinks winning is ok, if it happens cool. But saving money and having one big loyal happy family is the focus.

Which one is which ?  Ninja

Pfffttt...Right on...the Steelers paid DeCastro $11 million a year. I see some fans on here saying Zeitler is worth $6-7 million a year or let him walk.

That's the definition of saving money. For what? So we can not sign a free agent.
Reply/Quote
Mike Tomlin is an average coach and the Steelers got their ass handed to them again!

But wait, at least they won 2 more playoff games! Sarcasm

(For those of you who believe that the number of playoff games a team wins mean something, unless it's the last one, tell the above statement to any of the Steelers this morning and I bet you get slapped!!)
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 02:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Mike Tomlin is an average coach and the Steelers got their ass handed to them again!

But wait, at least they won 2 more playoff games!    Sarcasm

(For those of you who believe that the number of playoff games a team wins mean something, unless it's the last one, tell the above statement to any of the Steelers this morning and I bet you get slapped!!)

Tomlin lost to the greatest head coach & one of the top qbs in NFL history.

And if a Bengal fan mentioned that to a Steelers fan, they would simply respond by saying ''when was the last time your team has done anything? Oh thats right, 3 decades ago.'' But hey, go on thinking that not winning playoff games is no different than winning playoff games. 

Also Tomlin is better than Marvin. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
The Squeelers have a coach who KNOWS how to make adjustments at halftime!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 03:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Tomlin lost to the greatest head coach & one of the top qbs in NFL history.

And if a Bengal fan mentioned that to a Steelers fan, they would simply respond by saying ''when was the last time your team has done anything? Oh thats right, 3 decades ago.'' But hey, go on thinking that not winning playoff games is no different than winning playoff games. 

Also Tomlin is better than Marvin. 

Do you even read and comprehend the posts?  The post said that if someone, even a Steelers fan, said, "Well at least you guys won 2 more playoff games," TO the Steelers players, not in sarcasm, but as encouragement, I double guarantee you they would have ***** slapped them!

The Steelers aren't the Bengals.  They don't 'make' the playoffs with the goal to win a playoff game(s). They make the playoffs to win the Lombardi.  Anything short of that is failure!!!

I didn't say anything about Tomlin being better or worse than Lewis.

I simply agreed with Terry Bradshaw (who has forgotten more about football and the Steelers than you know) who said Tomlin was an 'average' coach!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 08:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Do you even read and comprehend the posts?  The post said that if someone, even a Steelers fan, said, "Well at least you guys won 2 more playoff games," TO the Steelers players, not in sarcasm, but as encouragement, I double guarantee you they would have ***** slapped them!

The Steelers aren't the Bengals.  They don't 'make' the playoffs with the goal to win a playoff game(s). They make the playoffs to win the Lombardi.  Anything short of that is failure!!!

I didn't say anything about Tomlin being better or worse than Lewis.

I simply agreed with Terry Bradshaw (who has forgotten more about football and the Steelers than you know) who said Tomlin was an 'average' coach!

No need to be rude as I wasnt to you. But since you are one of those kind of posters, have a good day.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 09:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No need to be rude as I wasnt to you. But since you are one of those kind of posters, have a good day.

Thin skinned as well!!  Wink

When you respond directly to my post, like I have yours, and your response isn't even close to factual about what I posted, then what do you expect??   Honestly??
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 09:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Thin skinned as well!!  Wink

When you respond directly to my post, like I have yours, and your response isn't even close to factual about what I posted, then what do you expect??   Honestly??
My apologies then. But calling me thin skinned, nice. 

Reply/Quote