Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Week 2: Bengals @ Steelers Prediction Thread *
(09-14-2016, 05:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: DeAngelo Williams just had a 143 yards/2 TD game Monday night. 

Considering how much trouble Forte gave us, it could be a problem. 

The Redskins run defense is a lot worse than ours.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 23
Steelers 21

I see the steelers racking up LOTS of yardage on the ground, but only finding the end zone three times as they will fail when they go for it on fourth down several times. The Bengals will run a conservative offense where they spread the steelers out and attack with quick passes setting up a couple deep balls. For some reason, I think Boyd makes a big impact this game in the slot. The TE will be kept in for protection, I believe, except for one early shot down the seam to Uzomah.
Reply/Quote
One thing I've learned from all Pitt games from here on out, is whenever the Bengal offense or defense has a big play, I wait to see and expect yellow flags before I celebrate.
Reply/Quote
Boomer on Inside The NFL predicted we go in to Pittsburgh and win. I always hate when he picks us cause he ends up jinxing the team LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 09:54 AM)GodFather Wrote: Boomer on Inside The NFL  predicted we go in to Pittsburgh and win. I always hate when he picks us cause he ends up jinxing the team LOL

Yep he picked us to lose last week. Now he predicts a win?...we're screwed Sad 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 10:09 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep he picked us to lose last week. Now he predicts a win?...we're screwed Sad 

We're screwed.. Can I change my prediction?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 05:37 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Where do people see the steelers getting offense from? They have no offensive threat besides ab

They always seem to run the ball pretty well on the Bengals regardless of who's back there. Plus, their offensive line has improved and will give Roethlisberger more time to find someone open.
Reply/Quote
IF we had Eifert and Burfict I would be more inclined to pick the Bengals.

This is one of those years where I think the Bengals will be a much better team at the end of the year when the newer guys have some games under their belt and hopefully we have a fully stocked TE and DB group.

That being said,

Steelers 27
Bengals 16

This was one of the losses that I projected when I had the Bengals going 11-5 this year.
Reply/Quote
We will split with the Steelers. It won't be this game. If we do win, I'd be surprised.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 12:08 PM)jeremydc Wrote: We will split with the Steelers. It won't be this game. If we do win, I'd be surprised.

We beat the Steelers more often at Pittsburgh than we do in Cincinnati. Ben has a ridiculous record in Ohio.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 05:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: DeAngelo Williams just had a 143 yards/2 TD game Monday night. 

Considering how much trouble Forte gave us, it could be a problem. 

That was because if his ability out of the backfield. Williams isnt a threat out of the backfield. Hence we can play malaluga our best thumper in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:57 AM)kevin Wrote: BENGALS 100, STEELERS 0

Well, I can hope can't I.......Any Kind of a WIN.....

Bengals start 2-0......That would be great....GO BENGALS

25 grandslams..and hasBen throws a ho hitter..
That's not a typo folks..he throws a HO hitter..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That was because if his ability out of the backfield. Williams isnt a threat out of the backfield. Hence we can play malaluga our best thumper in the run game.

Yeah, DeAngelo is no Forte catching the ball that is for sure. That is why we got ran over, we were trying to stop the pass
and only used 2 Linebackers most of the time. That will change this week. Stop the run and get Ben into 3rd and longs and
go get him.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, DeAngelo is no Forte catching the ball that is for sure. That is why we got ran over, we were trying to stop the pass
and only used 2 Linebackers most of the time. That will change this week. Stop the run and get Ben into 3rd and longs and
go get him.

Could not agree more and i do think thry will try to run more without bryant and having pacman who was abke to shut brown down last year 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 04:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Could not agree more and i do think thry will try to run more without bryant and having pacman who was abke to shut brown down last year 

The refs will try to keep the Steelers in the game is the only way i see us not winning.

Or we don't show up.
Reply/Quote
Steelers 34
Bengals 17
No Eifert and no Vontaz equals huge issue for Bengals.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:10 PM)Cincybearcatfan Wrote: I hate to say it but 41-31 Steelers (maybe 38-17 Steelers). Our O-Line looked atrocious vs the Jets. They will double AJ and give safety help over the top on him. No Tyler means that Boyd and Lafell will have to win it for us. Ask yourself, do you have confidence in them to do that? I don't foresee our secondary giving up the home run but I do see a lot of short and crossing passes with convoys out in front making a 2-3 yard pass turn into 15-25 yard gains for them. Their running game is no joke. The Bengals looked like they couldn't stop the run in game one.

It's early so if the Bengals are going to win one vs the Steelers it's USUALLY in Pitt, this year it may have to be in PBS.

Troll account
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
No Burfict.
No Eifert.
Poor O-Line.
D-Line (Left side) not very good vs. run.
No Reggie Nelson (He had EIGHT int's last season - and always seemed to have Rothelisberger's number)
Refs hate us.

It all adds up to a freakin' MIRACLE if the Bengals win.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 10:16 PM)Tomkat Wrote: No Burfict.
No Eifert.
Poor O-Line.
D-Line (Left side) not very good vs. run.
No Reggie Nelson (He had EIGHT int's last season - and always seemed to have Rothelisberger's number)
Refs hate us.

It all adds up to a freakin' MIRACLE if the Bengals win.
Miracle? Really? We had that team beat with our backup QB the last time we met. 

Reply/Quote
31-17 Steelers... sorry guys, I hope I'm wrong
Reply/Quote