Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with this?
(10-17-2016, 10:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Does anyone else appreciate the irony of this entire thread?

Yes. I mentioned it a few posts back. 

The last thing i want--considering Pitts loooooong asshat douchebaggery history--is some Pitt fan talking about late/dirty/questionable hits/plays/after-plays/anytime, ever.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:05 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It's coming 

Will you cry even harder if he's not fined? Hypothetically speaking?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722775/article/nfl-to-review-vontaze-burfict-hit-on-martellus-bennett

Here's the play in its entirety.  A VERY hard pump fake by Brady sells the pass underneath to 24 and 55....both breaking on 88.  55 is closer....appears to trip and hits 88 in the back if the thigh.  It wasn't even really a hard hit....and we see Burfict immediately apologize to Bennett.  This damn media witch hunt is getting like politics.  Why don't most outlets show the entire play instead of gifs and vines?

It's like some folks on here have never bit on a good playfake.....musta been a buncha All Staters and consensus All America on here.... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:04 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Well then Burfict isn't listening to his coaches. As per Lewis, they're coached to keep their head up to better football play....and when you don't listen to your coaches you go at someones knees for no reason.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/10/17/lewis-no-suspension-expected-burfict/92315292/

Yeah....that's all well and good until you're actually out there.....

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. I mentioned it a few posts back. 

The last thing i want--considering Pitts loooooong asshat douchebaggery history--is some Pitt fan talking about late/dirty/questionable hits/plays/after-plays/anytime, ever.

Eh I don't tend to read through threads that are such obvious train wrecks. Sorry I missed it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
https://gfycat.com/DirtyCheeryDuck

Hmmmmm......looks as if he is just trying not to step on his teammate.  

Reply/Quote
No it doesn't.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, it does.  If it was James Harrison circa 2006 it would, wouldn't it? LMAO

Reply/Quote
Yeah actually it does. Giving his first foot stops just shy of his team mate's helmet, it'd make sense he'd have to lift his other foot to get to the pile. I mean, Blount got up pretty gracefully for someone standing on his leg. And Burfict would've been standing on Blount's leg because Burfict's leg never moves after it comes down.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, it does.  If it was James Harrison circa 2006 it would, wouldn't it? LMAO
Come on, be honest. 

When that clip fades into the second shot, the play is over and everyone has stopped moving. 90, 97, and 59 in white, and 87 and 88 in blue are all standing flat footed, while 86 is actually moving laterally away from the play and 99 in white and 69 in blue are getting UP off of the turf. That's how long the play had ended. The only one still moving toward the ball carrier is Burfict who takes TWO steps forward and actually shoves 99 out of the way to get to Blount. This is slightly obvious in the clip you posted, but watch the Twitter clip that I posted from a different angle and you can clearly see him shove 99 out of the way. Looking at both clips is the best way to understand what went on. 

The play was over, he didn't stumble, he wasn't pushed, EVERYONE else had stopped moving. If he didn't want to step on his teammate simply stop moving two steps ago.

This is going to be worse than the other play on Bennett. This is truly dirty while the other play is him playing recklessly. That I can understand you guys trying to justify. This I cannot. 

**Edit....I watched the coaches clip yet again. At the beginning of the clip Burfict has COMPLETELY stopped moving along with everyone else, then adjusts his helmet and proceeds to move forward. Each time I watch it, it gets worse. 
(10-18-2016, 10:01 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah actually it does. Giving his first foot stops just shy of his team mate's helmet, it'd make sense he'd have to lift his other foot to get to the pile. I mean, Blount got up pretty gracefully for someone standing on his leg. And Burfict would've been standing on Blount's leg because Burfict's leg never moves after it comes down.

He stumbled forward. It's pretty obvious in the coaches clip on twitter. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:42 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Come on, be honest. 

When that clip fades into the second shot, the play is over and everyone has stopped moving. 90, 97, and 59 in white, and 87 and 88 in blue are all standing flat footed, while 86 is actually moving laterally away from the play and 99 in white and 69 in blue are getting UP off of the turf. That's how long the play had ended. The only one still moving toward the ball carrier is Burfict who takes TWO steps forward and actually shoves 99 out of the way to get to Blount. This is slightly obvious in the clip you posted, but watch the Twitter clip that I posted from a different angle and you can clearly see him shove 99 out of the way. Looking at both clips is the best way to understand what went on. 

The play was over, he didn't stumble, he wasn't pushed, EVERYONE else had stopped moving. If he didn't want to step on his teammate simply stop moving two steps ago.

This is going to be worse than the other play on Bennett. This is truly dirty while the other play is him playing recklessly. That I can understand you guys trying to justify. This I cannot. 

**Edit....I watched the coaches clip yet again. At the beginning of the clip Burfict has COMPLETELY stopped moving along with everyone else, then adjusts his helmet and proceeds to move forward. Each time I watch it, it gets worse. 

Yes, its pretty obvious in that clip that you cant see what he's stepping on or over. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes, its pretty obvious in that clip that you cant see what he's stepping on or over. Mellow

It's only obvious if you really, really, really believe.

He stumbled forward, but fell backwards. Lulz
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:42 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Come on, be honest. 

There is no question he went over there to remove Blount or talk shit, (don't think he stepped on him).....may have something to do with Blount being on top of Shawn Williams (thought it looked like 36), who had Blount's hand up under his facemask and in his eyes several plays earlier....but that doesn't matter, right?  That is "The Patriot Way" I guess.  Look, Burfict is definitely on the edge, but when the league calls some things a certain "Way", or "hard nosed football", when some folks do it, and dirty when others do the same.....I'll never condemn it.  I guess since we're the lowly Bengals, we should just cower and take it like we did for years, amirite?  Cool

Reply/Quote
Whats up with this? Now?

Reply/Quote
So he gets fined for stepping on Blount, and if he in fact did step on Blount, he deserves the fine. I'm just glad to see they didn't take any action against him for the hit on Bennett. There is no rule against taking out the legs of a receiver when trying to tackle him. Someone is going to have their career ended because the NFL is protecting the head. It's a violent sport, always has been, and the more they try to alter the strike zone, the more guys are going to end up getting hurt.

Also, read the first statement again trolls....if he stepped on Blount, which you can't see if he did or didn't or maybe he called Blount a name..I have no idea, but if he stepped on him, he earned every bit of this fine.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
LMFAO....three steps and a DIVE at the knees is 1000X worse than Kimo into Palmer.

Burfuct is one of the two or three dirtiest players in the league and bungal fans are, um.... $75k fine well deserved.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 03:58 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LMFAO....three steps and a DIVE at the knees is 1000X worse than Kimo into Palmer.

Burfuct is one of the two or three dirtiest players in the league and bungal fans are, um.... $75k fine well deserved.

He didn't even get fined for that you inbred ****.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 08:06 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He didn't even get fined for that you inbred ****.

No shit!  LMAO  Some people's kids......

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 03:58 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LMFAO....three steps and a DIVE at the knees is 1000X worse than Kimo into Palmer.

*Golf clap*

Good job.....on failing at reading comprehension.

The fine as was stated above, was for stepping on Blount, meaning the NFL looked at the hit on Bennett and agreed, there was no foul. Let that sink in...and then read what you wrote again.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 08:06 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He didn't even get fined for that you inbred ****.

Pitt fan. You should just completely disregard his opinion on it.

Reply/Quote