Poll: Why not keep Andy
I'm concerned about Mike Brown's savings
Mike will use the saved money to invest in the oline
We'll get a pick in the first 3 rounds
We owe it to Andy
Andy will be made if we don't
Other (splain yoself)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Why not keep Andy as a backup?
(01-21-2020, 07:36 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: OK Flacco is two years older with a ring and Dalton is two years younger without a playoff win and lost almost every game that was important in his career.

You guys should just count Flacco's grey pubes.

It's like counting rings in a tree.

[Image: th?id=OIP.j-faSRMsoUEVCdRcG9HL0wHaF7&pid...=188&h=152]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Facts on Andy.  Amongst Qualified NFL Qb's  

9 Season as a Starter.

He has been above average in League Passer Rating 3 times in 9 years

He has been above average in League QBR  2 of out 9 times. 

The vast majority of his seasons, hes been well below league average.  This is an irrefutable fact 

32/32 In Passer Rating 
31/32 in QBR - Only Mason Rudolph was worse

26/33 in  Passer Rating
13/33 in QBR

17/32 in Passer Rating
24/32 in QBR

15/30 in Passer Rating
20/30 in QBR

2/35 in Passer Rating
5/35 in QBR

25/33 in Passer Rating
24th/33 in QBR

15/37 in Passer Rating
20/37 in QBR

13/32 in Passer Rating
22/32 in QBR

20/34 in Passer Rating
21/34 in QBR
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 07:31 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Profootball reference will list Dalton as a 33 year old next season and listed Flacco as a 34 year old when he started last season.  

If Dalton doesn't get traded soon after the season, then he probably signs somewhere in the summer, say Aug, where he'll be 32 years and 10 months old.

Flacco was 34 years and 1 month when he was traded. That's a difference of one year and 3 months, so it is closer to one year than two years.  It all depends when he gets signed. 

That's why I use the easiest method , which is what their age is considered, by someone like pro football reference, during the season. 

The main argument isn't whether Dalton is one or two year younger than Flacco, I consider it one year because of what their ages are during the season, it's whether the word similar can be used to describe someone around one to two years younger;  and by saying that whether it qualifies as being a hater.

I used the word similar not exact . You don't even understand the argument.  

Why are you using 2 differing dates to make it seem closer? Confused

I just showed how old each QB was/will be at the start of each season.  Dalton will be 32.87 years old. Flacco was 34.65 years old. To be very precise.

(01-21-2020, 07:31 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Winners change the culture not perpetuate it. I glad you admit he is not a winner.

Good luck to 1 player trying to change the culture of Mike Brown's Bengals. I guess our history is littered with losers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 08:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why are you using 2 differing dates to make it seem closer? Confused

I just showed how old each QB was/will be at the start of each season.  Dalton will be 32.87 years old. Flacco was 34.65 years old. To be very precise.

Good luck to 1 player trying to change the culture of Mike Brown's Bengals. I guess our history is littered with losers.

WE have a grand total of one HOFer, so yes you are right
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 03:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I wish people would stop wishing death on players.

I haven’t seen a single person do that. I have however seen people wish death on our owner pretty much on a daily basis here...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I haven’t seen a single person do that. I have however seen people wish death on our owner pretty much on a daily basis here...

Yeah, as much as I don't like what Mikey has done to my team, that is bad karma man.
Reply/Quote
Add the Jaguars to the list of potential suitors for Andy:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/21/jaguars-plan-to-hire-jay-gruden-as-offensive-coodinator/
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 01:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Add the Jaguars to the list of potential suitors for Andy:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/21/jaguars-plan-to-hire-jay-gruden-as-offensive-coodinator/

I guess it depends on how tied they are to Nick Foles.  I can't see them having Foles and Dalton on the books after Gardner Menshew showed a pulse last year.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 01:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess it depends on how tied they are to Nick Foles.  I can't see them having Foles and Dalton on the books after Gardner Menshew showed a pulse last year.

Yeah, I was going to say it depends on how sold they are on Menshew. Admittedly I don't know Foles' contract situation, either. Lot of if's, but with a questionable QB situation and Jay on board, it's easy to say they may be in the mix.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 01:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, I was going to say it depends on how sold they are on Menshew. Admittedly I don't know Foles' contract situation, either. Lot of if's, but with a questionable QB situation and Jay on board, it's easy to say they may be in the mix.

Foles carries around $33 million in dead money if cut. It lowers to around $18 million if traded, but I don't see anyone trading for him with that contract. I don't see Dalton heading to Jacksonville at this point.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 01:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Add the Jaguars to the list of potential suitors for Andy:

After getting fired from the Skins Gruden would be silly to hitch his wagon to Dalton. A easy way to get to be a head coach again would be to go to a team with a rookie QB and be successful. His history with MB and the arrival of Burrow may mean he returns to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 02:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Foles carries around $33 million in dead money if cut. It lowers to around $18 million if traded, but I don't see anyone trading for him with that contract. I don't see Dalton heading to Jacksonville at this point.

Yeah, I could see Dalton heading there if not for Foles' nuclear option. But if Foles' chunk is that big, I think they have to eat it.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I haven’t seen a single person do that. I have however seen people wish death on our owner pretty much on a daily basis here...

The guy I quoted literally said he wished Dalton would "go away forever". That's literally wishing death on a player.

You're right about our owner and it's wrong to wish death on ANYONE that's not named Adolf Hitler (and, as far as I'm aware, he's already dead).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 01:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The guy I quoted literally said he wished Dalton would "go away forever". That's literally wishing death on a player.

You're right about our owner and it's wrong to wish death on ANYONE that's not named Adolf Hitler (and, as far as I'm aware, he's already dead).

C’mon man, that’s quite a stretch. I took it as he wants Andy off the Bengals forever. No backup, no starter, just gone.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 02:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: C’mon man, that’s quite a stretch. I took it as he wants Andy off the Bengals forever. No backup, no starter, just gone.

There's only one way to be gone forever ... DEATH.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 08:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why are you using 2 differing dates to make it seem closer? Confused

I used what their ages will be when the trades go down since that's what was being used to start the whole argument.   

If that's the case, then if Dalton is traded in Feb he'll be 1 year 9 months younger, and if the trade happens in Aug then Dalton he will be 1 year and 3 months younger.  When the trade happens will determine the age difference.

Later on I was showing what their ages will be considered during the first season they are traded and Fred would have none of it. 

When I  first made the claim that they were similar I hadn't even done a precise calculation down to the month.  All I did was look at pro football reference to determine what age they will be considered when the season starts and did a quick difference.  

The bottom line is that I used the word similar, which is an appropriate term for their age difference. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 02:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: There's only one way to be gone forever ... DEATH.

Ok Phil lol

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 08:41 AM)Benton Wrote: Yeah, I could see Dalton heading there if not for Foles' nuclear option. But if Foles' chunk is that big, I think they have to eat it.

I'd hope that Andy would get traded to Chicago because I believe he has the best chance of starting there. I'd really like him to go to Tampa and work with Arians. It'd be funny if Arians could resurrect two former Bengals QBs. Although Tampa might be a stretch because rumors are swirling that Philip Rivers has bought property in the area.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Sounds like NE plans to bring back Brady.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 07:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown desperately wants a championship like a guy who sits on his ass and eats ice cream all day and night desperately wants to be a ripped adonis.  

I can related to that, maybe that's why I'm a Bengals fan  Hilarious
Reply/Quote