Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac got robbed
He clapped vrabel.. Bullshit
Reply/Quote
I think Vrabel is a fair choice.

Zac has bigger worries right now anyway.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:20 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think Vrabel is a fair choice.

Zac has bigger worries right now anyway.

How is Vrabel fair? They choked in the first round to the real coach of the year. What did Vrabel do so special but blow it again?
Reply/Quote
These rewards need to include the playoffs... regular season results are fine but once you make the playoffs we see what you are made out of.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:22 AM)Tony Wrote: How is Vrabel fair? They choked in the first round to the real coach of the year. What did Vrabel do so special but blow it again?

It's not a playoff award. It's a regular season award.

They had a million injuries and went 12-5. Vrabel did a great job. Taylor did as well, so I hope the vote was at least close.
Reply/Quote
100% agree.. Zac out coached this fool when it mattered most... 9 sacks an Vrabel couldn't get it done still. The stupid 2 point try. Horrible calls on 3rd and 4th down.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:24 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It's not a playoff award. It's a regular season award.

They had a million injuries and went 12-5. Vrabel did a great job. Taylor did as well, so I hope the vote was at least close.

Taylor was way better. The Titans were suppose to be good. Taylor blew the ***** door down on their expectations for the Bengals . 
Reply/Quote
I don't understand why Vrabel gets it.

He improved by 1 win year over year.

When Henry went out, they went 6-3...as opposed to 6-2 with Henry. That's good but was coaching the reason they won games? (I honestly don't know, I saw very little of the Titans this year).
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
The Titans played 91 different players this season.

That is insane. They had it worse than Baltimore with injuries and still ended up with the #1 seed. That's impressive and deserves recognition.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:28 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Titans played 91 different players this season.

That is insane. They had it worse than Baltimore with injuries and still ended up with the #1 seed. That's impressive and deserves recognition.

Ok this helps me understand more, thanks.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:26 AM)basballguy Wrote: I don't understand why Vrabel gets it.  

When Henry went out, they went 6-3...as opposed to 6-2 with Henry.  That's good but was coaching the reason they won games?  (I honestly don't know, I saw very little of the Titans this year).

They were trash. Got clapped by the Jets and Texans . THEY were a super bowl contender at the start too. Zac exposed this fool..
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:28 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Titans played 91 different players this season.

Who cares they choked and he choked just like everyone knew they would...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:26 AM)basballguy Wrote: I don't understand why Vrabel gets it.  

When Henry went out, they went 6-3...as opposed to 6-2 with Henry.  That's good but was coaching the reason they won games?  (I honestly don't know, I saw very little of the Titans this year).

The Titans were predicted to finish first in their Division and they did.

The Bengals were predicted to finish last in their division and they didn't.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The Titans were predicted to finish first in their Division and they did.

The Bengals were predicted to finish last in their division and they didn't.

That's my point too.... The Titans and Vrabel choked once again and the Bengals and Zac are in the SuperBowl... Their is a reason no one respected them as the 1 seed...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:29 AM)Tony Wrote: Who cares they choked and he choked just like everyone knew they would...

Okay. I think that's silly and has no bearing on the award.

I also think it's bad to vote COY based on "expectations". I grant that many voters DO that, but I don't think that they should. Expectations are meaningless and very often misguided. Injuries are a more concrete basis for voting COY that I can get behind.

This isn't to say Zac wasn't deserving or even that he was less deserving. I think there are some schematic and statistical matters that make his case a strong one (e.g. constantly winning second halves, managing the struggles of the OL, calling a top offense, etc).
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:29 AM)Tony Wrote: They were trash. Got clapped by the Jets and Texans . THEY were a super bowl contender at the start too. Zac exposed this fool..

(02-11-2022, 12:29 AM)Tony Wrote: Who cares they choked and he choked just like everyone knew they would...

Why is it, every time i read your posts since the playoff wins started, the first thing i think is ChiefsPlanet?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
No problem with this. It’s a regular season award

The Titans got the number 1 seed with Henry, Julio, and AJ Brown all missing multiple games this season
Reply/Quote
The voting.....

Mike Vrabel: 36
Matt LaFleur: 8
Rich Bisaccia: 3
Zac Taylor: 2
Bill Belichick: 1
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:25 AM)Tony Wrote: 100% agree.. Zac out coached this fool when it mattered most... 9 sacks an Vrabel couldn't get it done still.  The stupid 2 point try. Horrible  calls on 3rd and 4th down.

I still don't think the 2 point try was a bad call. We had the penalty and they had to like the chances from the 1 yard line. Now leaning as heavily as they did on Henry when Foreman had been playing well and played well when he did get touches that in my opinion was why they lost the game.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:37 AM)QueenCity Wrote: The voting.....

Mike Vrabel: 36
Matt LaFleur: 8
Rich Bisaccia: 3
Zac Taylor: 2
Bill Belichick: 1

That I don't like at all.
Reply/Quote