Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surprise Bengals standing pat with their team instead of trying to improve
(10-31-2018, 10:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Bullshit.  They are winning DESPITE Mike Brown.

Then Marvin is a genius.

How ever you spin it if only 4 teams have more wins than the Bengals with an owner who does not care about winning then either our coaches or our players are elite level talent.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 10:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: While true, some (most?) fans don't want to be lumped in with the majority of what other teams do. They want the team to be more like the Pats, who have made the majority of the near-deadline trades while also being arguably the most successful team since 2000. 
Here is an article written last year about how the Patriots approach the NFL trade deadline - https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/27/16555968/patriots-2017-nfl-trade-deadline-rumors-deals

So this year the Pats don't care about winning?

Here is the deal.  Historically NFL trade deadline deals are very rare, so it takes a troll to claim that the Bengals not making a deadline deal means they don't care about winning.

That happens a lot around here.  The Bengals do something that most other teams do and a certain group here starts squealing about how it proves the Bengals are Clueless/don't care.

There have even been a few around here who have been spreading lies just to get fans more upset.  For example the Raiders were supposed to be giving Jared Cook away for nothing.  That was just total troll BS.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 10:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  This is another example of the Bengals doing the same thing as almost every other team in the league and a lot of fans squealing about how it proves the Bengals "Don't care about winning."

Here's a rebuttal with no personal insults...

Not every other team in the league has the same, GLARING needs that the Bengals do.
Therefore, yours is not a valid comparison.
Look, the Bengals have obvious needs that they willfully neglected.... that certainly PROJECTS the attitude of "not caring."
To say otherwise is just disingenuous.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 05:30 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Dalton for Rodgers. Any trade could have been made if the need and reward were there. When you trade there are deals you have to overpay for because you are the one who needs the trade to help your team. Owners who truly want to win now and not hoard their money like Mike Brown does go for it. 

Drunk  Please tell us you've been drinking or something to validate the lamest post in this thread, which are many btw. I'm pretty damn sure the Packers were NOT shopping Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:32 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Not every other team in the league has the same, GLARING needs that the Bengals do.
Therefore, it's not a valid comparison.
Look, the Bengals have obvious needs that they willfully neglected.... that certainly PROJECTS the attitude of "not caring."
To say otherwise is just disingenuous.

Every team has needs.  And every year midseason trades are very rare in the NFL.  So according to your logic very few teams in the NFL care about winning.

Also how can the Bengals force other teams to make deals if they don't want to?  What LB or TE or O-lineman was traded that we should have acquired?  If you are going to claim the "willfully" neglected their needs then you are going to have to point to a player who was traded but we did nit get.  Otherwise you are just making stuff up to whine about.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:34 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Drunk  Please tell us you've been drinking or something to validate the lamest post in this thread, which are many btw. I'm pretty damn sure the Packers were NOT shopping Rodgers.

Makes as much sense as the other pretend trades people have been so upset about us not making.

I've been hearing for days that the Raiders were trying to unload Jared Cook for almost nothing and some people actually said that if we did not get him it would prove  we did not care.  But there are quite a few teams that cod use a TE like Cook and he was not traded to anyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 10:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Bullshit.  They are winning DESPITE Mike Brown.
I swear, it's like the movie Major League...

[Image: PNrD7c0.jpg]

You could have at least used Katie lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Every team has needs.  And every year midseason trades are very rare in the NFL.  So according to your logic very few teams in the NFL care about winning.

Also how can the Bengals force other teams to make deals if they don't want to?  What LB or TE or O-lineman was traded that we should have acquired?  If you are going to claim the "willfully" neglected their needs then you are going to have to point to a player who was traded but we did nit get.  Otherwise you are just making stuff up to whine about.

They didn't even TRY... ANYTHING, I think that's the issue.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:49 AM)Tomkat Wrote: They didn't even TRY... ANYTHING, I think that's the issue.

How do we know that for sure?

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How do we know that for sure?

Exactly, how do people know we didn't? They don't.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:49 AM)Tomkat Wrote: They didn't even TRY... ANYTHING, I think that's the issue.

Why do people make things up just to whine about.  What is it about complaining that gets them off?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How do we know that for sure?

Oh come on... the NFL is full of "insider sources."
And pundits who love to get the scoop.
If the Bengals tried anything, we would have heard about it.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do people make things up just to whine about.  What is it about complaining that gets them off?

Where did I "make anything up?"
I made an observation based on EVIDENCE, or, more precisely the LACK OF any evidence that the 
Bengals were active as the deadline approached.

Also, watch it... your last post was a borderline personal attack on me.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:11 PM)Tomkat Wrote: If the Bengals tried anything, we would have heard about it.

No we wouldn't.

Are you seriously trying to claim that other then the announced trades there were no other teams anywhere in the NFL making calls to see if players were available?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:13 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Where did I "make anything up?"

You claimed that they did not even try.

You just made that up.  I am pretty sure there were many calls being made by lots of teams yesterday and we did not hear about them.  I am not saying that the Bengals tried to make any trades, but I am guessing they at least asked around.  However I would never act like I knew something was true when I did not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You claimed that they did not even try.

You just made that up.  I am pretty sure there were many calls being made by lots of teams yesterday and we did not hear about them.  I am not saying that the Bengals tried to make any trades, but I am guessing they at least asked around.  However I would never act like I knew something was true when I did not.

...and I am also guessing, based on lack of evidence otherwise, that they did not.
My guess is every bit as good as yours.  In fact, I'd say more so.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: ...and I am also guessing, based on lack of evidence otherwise, that they did not.

Then don't pass your guess off as definitive, fact.

Stop.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: ...and I am also guessing, based on lack of evidence otherwise, that they did not.

You are doing more than "guessing".  You are pretending it really happened.  You are even getting upset over it.

I admit I am guessing, but I am also admitting that I do not know.  And I don't pretend something is true just to get myself upset.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So this year the Pats don't care about winning?

Here is the deal.  Historically NFL trade deadline deals are very rare, so it takes a troll to claim that the Bengals not making a deadline deal means they don't care about winning.

That happens a lot around here.  The Bengals do something that most other teams do and a certain group here starts squealing about how it proves the Bengals are Clueless/don't care.

There have even been a few around here who have been spreading lies just to get fans more upset.  For example the Raiders were supposed to be giving Jared Cook away for nothing.  That was just total troll BS.

To be fair, the Patriots did do a trade this season before the deadline...Josh Gordon. It wasn't right at the deadline but it was an established WR for a relatively late-round pick that they did after the season started.

But I agree with you in that just because a team doesn't make a move that they don't care about winning. It could definitely mean they feel confident in their roster and/or the cost to acquire a new player is too much.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote