Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.77 Average
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread}
(11-26-2018, 01:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Look, I'm not bashing Driskell, I like the guy and am interested to see what he can do. But Andy has led the #1 Red Zone scoring offense all season, and he's been throwing lasers all year. It's not his fault the ball bounces off the receivers hands or numbers. He has thrown very few bad passes this year.

He's probably thrown a good dozen of them to Ross alone.  Maybe Andy isn't the one calling the heave it up to Ross down the sideline play they never seem to get tired of, but he is the one badly throwing it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'd say sitting Andy would be doing him a favor. A guy can only bang his head against a wall for so long before it starts affecting his psyche.

And maybe getting the first team reps and having the game plan built around him would make a difference.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:08 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Sad day when fans root for their own players to get hurt.

It’s a ***** disgrace.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:42 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: There's a lot of qbs from the past that had long good careers that aren't in the league like Peyton Manning, Tony Romo or Carson Palmer.  They should definitely be included. Some had shorter careers like RG3 and Josh Freeman.  

You can only compare Dalton on a yearly basis , not active qb's , because it takes into account only starters that were playing each year that Dalton was starting.  

Whether they had long careers or short careers, whether they were good or bad is not important, what's important is that they were the starters at the same time Dalton was.  He is being compared only to his peers and nobody else.

If we're judging Dalton against all current starters, or talking about how Dalton could be viewed by other teams, I'd say it's pretty important. 

That's also why you're not going to throw in guys who are retired. That said, I do think it'd make it more fair if we could throw in the younger QB's who don't have enough attempts to qualify. Dalton would probably be bumped down a few spots if the young guys were on the list. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:14 PM)McC Wrote: I'd say sitting Andy would be doing him a favor.  A guy can only bang his head against a wall for so long before it starts affecting his psyche.

And maybe getting the first team reps and having the game plan built around him would make a difference.

I think it'd serve Dalton well to move on with his career elsewhere. He was visibly frustrated yesterday.

We should start over from scratch with entirely new staff and a young 1st round QB. Probably won't happen though. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:57 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: That's an extreme assumption when they can get someone like Fitzpatrick for 2 million or Bradford for 5 million. There's no way that you can say Dalton is substantially better than those two qb's  

Bradford has not been healthy in two years and his passer rating this year is 62.5.

Fitzpatrick has the highest interception percentage in the league over the past three seasons (3.94) by a WIDE margin over Jameis Winston who has the second highest (3.30).  His career passer rating ranks 32nd among active QBs with more than 750 attempts.

(11-26-2018, 04:57 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Daltons career qb rating of 88 would put him around 17. Also, he's had above average weapons and has performed very badly in the playoffs.  

Daltons career passer rating ranks 14th out of 42 active QBs with more than 750 attempts.  But one of the QBs ahead of him was Tyrod Taylor who was exposed as a fraud when he had to play on a team that did not have a rushing attack ranked in the top 3 in the league.  His passer rating was 64.5 with the Browns this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote:  If Driskal fails, it'll be no worse than continually seeing Dalton in there do nothing special.  

Andy has 5 games with a passer rating over 100, and has led last minute come-from-behind scoring drives in the final minute of two games.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:08 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Sad day when fans root for their own players to get hurt.

I agree its a shame, the worse part is Andy is nowhere near the main problem this team has.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bradford has not been healthy in two years and his passer rating this year is 62.5.

Fitzpatrick has the highest interception percentage in the league over the past three seasons (3.94) by a WIDE margin over Jameis Winston who has the second highest (3.30).  His career passer rating ranks 32nd among active QBs with more than 750 attempts.

Daltons career passer rating ranks 14th out of 42 active QBs with more than 750 attempts.  But one of the QBs ahead of him was Tyrod Taylor who was exposed as a fraud when he had to play on a team that did not have a rushing attack ranked in the top 3 in the league.  His passer rating was 64.5 with the Browns this year.

Bradford has a career qb rating of 86 which is comparable to Dalton's 88. Fitzpatrick's qb rating the past 8 years is 85 and this year its 100.  So both qb's have comparable qb ratings.

I've gone over this in previous posts. You compare Dalton to his peers on a yearly basis. He ranks 17 on average. If you take into account his playoffs I'd drop him another 5 spots to 22.

Using active qb's is meaningless because it discards good players with much higher career qb ratings like Peyton Manning or Tony Romo. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:55 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Looking to see what the injury actually was to the Hand.  I know they said not broken but I am not finding anything direct to state what happen.

They said yesterday it was a sprain which means he likely tore or badly injured a ligament

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking of 1 shot wonders. How about that 2015 season?

Dalton has 6 different years where he was either Pro Bowl or top ten in passing tds.

He did neither in 2015.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty much any QB coming out of college is going to need polishing. But that doesn't mean folks would prefer to start a middle of the road QB entering his 9th year. 

Problem with this argument is that close to 50% of high drafted QBs flop even after they are polished.

I think a lot of teams would take a proven QB instead of rolling the dice and having to wait a couple of years to even see if they have anything.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:11 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It's a shame this guy isn't a few inches taller

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211452796

I wish I was a little bit taller...I wish I was a baller....I wish I had a girl who looked good I would call her

Now thats just damned good writing right there
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:56 AM)BengalChris Wrote: He's playing better than Dalton right now. So what does that make Dalton?

Wait. . Wha!? 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:36 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: I've gone over this in previous posts. You compare Dalton to his peers on a yearly basis. He ranks 17 on average. 

Even though I don't agree with your rating requirements 17 out of 79 is pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty much any QB coming out of college is going to need polishing. But that doesn't mean folks would prefer to start a middle of the road QB entering his 9th year. 

Sure they would. Some folks thought Johnny Fartball would be a star... LMAO. I take their QB musings with a microscopic grain of salt. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sure they would. Some folks thought Johnny Fartball would be a star... LMAO. I take their QB musings with a microscopic grain of salt. :andy:

Or AJM was good. 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Problem with this argument is that close to 50% of high drafted QBs flop even after they are polished.

I think a lot of teams would take a proven QB instead of rolling the dice and having to wait a couple of years to even see if they have anything.

Or....and I know some on here may think this is nuts....they draft the kid and groom him behind a guy like Dalton. Insane, right? 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:20 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Or AJM was good. 

Hey now....don't you blaspheme St AJ in here....he almost single handedly won us that there playoff game!

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Or....and I know some on here may think this is nuts....they draft the kid and groom him behind a guy like Dalton. Insane, right? 

Right. Hopefully he is 6'5 235. Huge arm.  Explosive talent.. Maybe comes from like...USC...some big school...we can call him the Golden boy and maybe, maybe he will be the franchise savior. 

OH.... Oh wait. 

Reply/Quote