Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 overall pick in the draft
(11-25-2020, 07:57 PM)jason Wrote: Negative...

But if they can't stop anybody he's still gonna be chuckin' it every play. Damned if you do damned if you don't I guess... Seems we were best when we had a gnarly defense though.

With a great line, like the cowboys had for a while they could run the ball too. 
Reply/Quote
The good news is this draft is loaded with lineman. The best lineman class I can remember. We are going to be qble to get a lineman in the 3rd that would go the end of 1 most years. We really need to load up in this draft. May be a trippe down lineman draft. The bad new is we may need to wait till next year for a d end. Even the top 2 wouldn't go 1st round most years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:53 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Keep looking ahead to the next draft ?

Does it even matter.

What FINALLY changed in the Browns organization to turn them around??

Dorsey is a great GM but that just helped to obtain the raw ingredients. That said you could argue he's made some questionable moves or at least there could've been other paths to success. I think what we see from them this season comes from a few things. 

First, the team has had enough time to play together and gel together. Especially looking at that interior offensive line. It doesn't hurt that they have two 1st round Offensive tackles as well (one from 2020 and one from 2016 via FA from the Titans), and I believe the entire line is healthy. Add in a great offensive line coach from Washington (we could have had him) in Bill Callahan and it is no wonder they are doing better.   

Next, fan pressure/coaching to see Baker throwing when he shouldn't is reduced. I think he is probably a good QB but needs to settle down and just get reps with his guy while not trying to play hero ball. Finally, they have, after many attempts found a head coach who seems to be a good fit in Kevin Stefanski.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 08:56 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: The good news is this draft is loaded with lineman. The best lineman class I can remember. We are going to be qble to get a lineman in the 3rd that would go the end of 1 most years. We really need to load up in this draft. May be a trippe down lineman draft. The bad new is we may need to wait till next year for a d end. Even the top 2 wouldn't go 1st round most years.

We've got cap space and there should be several good options in FA. 
Reply/Quote