Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Andy loses us another big game
(09-10-2019, 11:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's partly on the OL letting the pocket collapse and not attacking their dude which allows them to get their hands up.

Every QB deals with a collapsing pocket, Dalton having balls batted down has been a problem for years.

Can’t we just admit it’s a weakness, and leave it at that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Every QB deals with a collapsing pocket, Dalton having balls batted down has been a problem for years.

Can’t we just admit it’s a weakness, and leave it at that?

happens to all QBs... but the closer the DL is the easier it is for them to get them meat clubs in the air...

If they are being actively engaged  OL should be able to push them off balance when they try to go up for a ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:13 AM)PDub80 Wrote: ^ Recipe for how a QB loses a game when the rest of your team easily played well enough to win.

^ The above statements are TRUE. 100% TRUE. To get defensive over what factually happened is just being a blind fan.

14 carries, 34 yards, 0 rushing tds, 1 rushing first down

5 sacks 

Roor Pdub, whenever Dalton has a good game I think he goes off his meds.  Only way I know to explain the delusional bullshit he posts.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: As the rest of the league and media applauds Dalton (as he leads the league in passing yards after week 1) and the valiant effort of the Bengals. It's unfortunate to see Bengal fans being the one slamming him.

Hell many pundits think he was screwed on that last play, yet actual Bengal fans are siding with the refs calling the last play a fumble! Unbelievable.

But not surprising.

Fans asked for an improvement in play from Dalton, and got a career day. I guess that wasn't what they wanted from him afterall. The guy seems to can't win.

But these same fans called for McCarron (who is barely holding on to a roster spot in the league), and Driskel (who was outplayed by a undrafted free agent who played for crowds of 300 in college, and likely would be out of a job if not injured) to start in his place so can we really trust their "assessment" of QB's? I say not a chance.

And other Bengals fans can't seem to accept reality. It was ruled a fumble. After replay it was still a fumble. Regardless, that didn't hurt as much as the first one which was, again, unforced by the opposing team. Another self inflicted wound.

As to your bolded statement above: Glad you're finally coming around. I'm kidding.

So, as I pointed out... you are harping on stats when stats clearly weren't what was needed to win the game. Clutch plays in big moments were. You keep going back to stats when it was clearly NOT passing stats, but the two fumbles that contributed to a lost the game.

You also continue to bring up AJ McCarron for some reason. A guy who hasn't been on the roster for two years(ish). He, along with Driskel, had nothing to do with Andy stealing victory from the jaws of defeat.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 14 carries, 34 yards, 0 rushing tds, 1 rushing first down

5 sacks 

Roor Pdub, whenever Dalton has a good game I think he goes off his meds.  Only way I know to explain the delusional bullshit he posts.

Fred, I addressed the run game and the sacks in my post. The players and coach came out and said they couldn't run because the Seahawks played specifically against it and basically saying Andy can't beat them passing. You know what.... they were right, weren't they?

Seahawks had a terrible rushing offense as well. That didn't stop their QB from mistake free football, did it? It didn't stop clutch plays by him, did it? It didn't make him cough up an unforced turnover, did it?

Poor Fred, still taking snippets of conversations and trying to make them fit his imagination. The line played well. The QB coughed it up, just like he did in the playoffs against the Chargers. How many times do you need to see the same movie before you know the ending?

You are adorable. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:23 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Fred, I addressed the run game and the sacks in my post. The players and coach came out and said they couldn't run because the Seahawks played specifically against it and basically saying Andy can't beat them passing. You know what.... they were right, weren't they?

So, it's Dalton's fault Bullock missed a FG? Dalton got the team in scoring position enough times for the Bengals to have 23 points which would have been more than enough to win the game.

Was Dalton perfect? No. Could he have played better? Sure. Was Dalton the main reason for the loss? No, he was not. He was part of the reason, but not the main reason. Anyone that says otherwise just hates the man for whatever reason.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
So frustrating.

Next week when the Bengals win against the 49ers and Andy Dalton “only” throws for 300 yards — but throws four touchdown passes — his detractors will come on here and whine, “Dalton is losing it. His passing was awful because he threw over a hundred yards less than last week. He’s slipping already! Trade him now for undisclosed draft picks! Let’s tank for, um, ah, er, uh; just tank for someone!”
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: happens to all QBs... but the closer the DL is the easier it is for them to get them meat clubs in the air...

If they are being actively engaged  OL should be able to push them off balance when they try to go up for a ball.

I have one of those. My wife uses it all the time.  Cool

On a related note...Bfritz says Andy has one too.  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I have one of those. My wife uses it all the time.  Cool

LOL LOL

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Fine, the urge to hate on Dalton is strong in you.

But waiting until he plays badly is a whole lot less likely to make you look like a boob. But maybe I'm jumping to conclusions and you actually enjoy looking like a fool. In that case, good job and carry on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, it's Dalton's fault Bullock missed a FG? Dalton got the team in scoring position enough times for the Bengals to have 23 points which would have been more than enough to win the game.

Was Dalton perfect? No. Could he have played better? Sure. Was Dalton the main reason for the loss? No, he was not. He was part of the reason, but not the main reason. Anyone that says otherwise just hates the man for whatever reason.

I believe Tony Pike had the stat 5 trips to the Seahawks 36 yard line and NO POINTS. Or was it 3 points?

One of those is for sure Bullock's fault. No question.
Reply/Quote
Why do you guys continue to engage this guy?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 04:28 PM)Earendil Wrote: Why do you guys continue to engage this guy?

Because I'm not a parrot?
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

And I'm not an aardvark. I fail to see how either is relevant.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I have one of those. My wife uses it all the time.  Cool

lol I can't believe that people still reference that and tuna + rye still. To be fair the Bfritz thing had me cracking up when it happened.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is like any other decent NFL QB.

He's made "clutch" plays and also had bad plays at times.

If you're saying he is not capable of leading a team to win games you're just wrong.

Just like to say the rest of the team does not matter enough to win/lose the game.

You just can't have it both ways.

It changes from game to game.

One game the D might be terrible and the offense carries the team... and vice versa.

We have seen Dalton lead a team right down the field in your "clutch" fashion and the D lose the damn game.

Or have you forgotten about that?

Just like the "Seattle QB" losing the Superbowl in epic fashion or does that not fit your narrative?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Dalton is like any other decent NFL QB.

He's made "clutch" plays and also had bad plays at times.

If you're saying he is not capable of leading a team to win games you're just wrong.

Just like to say the rest of the team does not matter enough to win/lose the game.

You just can't have it both ways.

It changes from game to game.

One game the D might be terrible and the offense carries the team... and vice versa.

We have seen Dalton lead a team right down the field in your "clutch" fashion and the D lose the damn game.

Or have you forgotten about that?

Just like the "Seattle QB" losing the Superbowl in epic fashion or does that not fit your narrative?
The "Seattle QB" has won multiple PO games and has a ring. Andy has zero wins in four tries not to mention the numerous times he choked on the big stage. I know he has won games in the fourth quarter but more times than not the second half offense disappears. Also there is a reason he has so many comebacks, he played like crap to get behind early. Comparing Andy to any clutch QB is silly.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:35 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: The kid just cant do it. He cant win big games. When he needs to be clutch to win a game like this he just cant do it. It's time to move on. We've had so much talent, and haven't won a danm thing because of andy. He crumbles in crunch time. When it's a game like this, that mind you, you shouldn't win,but you dominate and should win. Or a playoff game. Andy just cant do it. How many times does he have to show us that he cant win.

(09-11-2019, 07:44 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The "Seattle QB" has won multiple PO games and has a ring. Andy has zero wins in four tries not to mention the numerous times he choked on the big stage. I know he has won games in the fourth quarter but more times than not the second half offense disappears. Also there is a reason he has so many comebacks, he played like crap to get behind early. Comparing Andy to any clutch QB is silly.

This is what I'm talking about in bold letters.  What the OP wrote.

That's not real hard to understand.

He has made comebacks to win games.  He has played "clutch".

Inconsistent is Andy's middle name.

That's why you have Good Andy and Bad Andy.

To say he hasn't played clutch or won games in that fashion(or put them in position to and the rest of the team failed)is just not true at all.

It's getting him to do it consistently is the problem.

Funny thing is a lot of so called "clutch" QBs in peoples minds are future Hall of Fame or even GOAT in the game itself.

The rest have good and bad games, and even stretches of good and bad seasons.

I'm not some Dalton loving Bengals fan but for some to spout lies and trash him when others were responsible as well in the loss...  Ima gonna say somethin'!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is this thread for real?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 07:58 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This is what I'm talking about in bold letters.  What the OP wrote.

That's not real hard to understand.

He has made comebacks to win games.  He has played "clutch".

Inconsistent is Andy's middle name.

That's why you have Good Andy and Bad Andy.

To say he hasn't played clutch or won games in that fashion(or put them in position to and the rest of the team failed)is just not true at all.

It's getting him to do it consistently is the problem.

Funny thing is a lot of so called "clutch" QBs in peoples minds are future Hall of Fame or even GOAT in the game itself.

The rest have good and bad games, and even stretches of good and bad seasons.

I'm not some Dalton loving Bengals fan but for some to spout lies and trash him when others were responsible as well in the loss...  Ima gonna say somethin'!
When the Dalton Gang of supporters try to compare him to other QB's who have been more successful then "Ima gonna say somethin". The national perception of Dalton has been earned. The failures under the bright lights are well documented. If you want to deflect and project his failures on realistic fans then you will never get it.
Reply/Quote