Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe AJ Green just called out the Offensive Line.....
(11-16-2016, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is more fun for some people to tear things down just because it makes them feel superior.  We all know people like this.  It makes them feel big to talk about how nothing is good enough for them.

Pot calling the kettle black.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 12:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is sad when "fans" get so hot and excited over a photo of the team failing.  Just more proof that many people here enjoy hating more than cheering for the team to do well.

So i hope you all have huge posters of this photo on your bedroom walls so you can get your hater rocks off every night.  As for me I never want to see this image again.
Well, Mr. Toasty, as long as you keep fawning over Marvy and his entire squad of Keystone Cops impersonating NFL coaches, it will always be the same image. Maybe you should take an honest look at this franchise's choices for a change. Please keep any reply to less than 10,000 words...if possible. Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 11:50 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: raiders and cowboys have won the Superbowl in the past,we Bengals only have a couple of afc titles in the eighties.... Sad

I don't know how much of it is based on the actual results, but the size of the fan bases.  This is why the NFL is so fricking stupid.  If more fan bases thought their team had a chance in hell and there wasn't all this stupid parroting going on, the total viewership would improve.  They have lived on their way of doing it for so long, that it is hard for them to see the proverbial forest for the trees.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: then explain why so many people are going all shits and giggles over a photo of the Bengals failing.

These people clearly enjoy the failure more than the success.  I never once saw any of these guys get nearly this excited about any good plays made by the Bengals.

It is more fun for some people to tear things down just because it makes them feel superior.  We all know people like this.  It makes them feel big to talk about how nothing is good enough for them.

I don't think anyone needs you or me telling them how to deal with the failings of their club that they live and die by.  I seriously doubt it makes anyone feel better.  I put down these coaches with regularity, and with some pretty harsh criticism.  I would like to feel that I praise equally when I see good work by them.  Honestly, I would much rather be building statues to their greatness.  

My father is 84 and we go to all the home games together.  I have four seats, actually, and my son and wife now (usually) attend as well.  I want more than anything to witness one Super Bowl win with him before he's gone.  He is healthy as a horse, but at his age it doesn't take much to change that course quickly.  I really thought this was the year.  And to be so far off...to see such a lack of passion, a lack of discipline....it just hurts.  It would have nothing to do with making me feel better about myself.  It is simply calling a spade a spade.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:52 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Gotta agree with toast on this. Imagine if you did a slide of Dalton screw ups? This board would go bizerck.

I actually think that happened.  I also think his home team fans booed him at a charity softball game.  What did he do?  He worked and worked and improved his game and shoved it up those fans proverbial asses.  Dalton is way too class to give them the bird, but many deserved it.

So, the defense, the coaches, and the offensive line are getting destroyed on all forms of social media....will they respond?  I hope they respond exactly like Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:52 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Gotta agree with toast on this. Imagine if you did a slide of Dalton screw ups? This board would go bizerck.

Really?  The OL has ONE JOB, to protect Andy.  They failed miserably.  Andy has what?  Like 20 jobs to do, every play.  He must make sure that everyone is where they are supposed to be on his side, then get into all of the decisions that he has to make according to what the opposition is showing him, prior to making any adjustments on his side, then he may just have to cancel everything, and call and audible.

If you think that Andy is the problem, you should probably stop watching football and start following fishing shows...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:03 PM)bengals67 Wrote: what game are you watching. We cannot run the fricking football. After the first series in the first half we ran almost every first or second down and got stuffed and did nothing

they stopped throwing to Eifert or AJ down the field while trying the power running game and they got stuffed play after play after play,

This is a passing league and the pass should be used to set up the run. Dalton should be in a game plan that spreads out the D and gives him good reads on the  hot read to get the ball out quickly.

The argument that we are "abandoning the run" drives me crazy. WE CANNOT RUN THE BALL AGAINST ANYONE BECAIUSE THE O LINE STINKS!!!

Amen Brother. We stand a better chance of getting positive running yards using no huddle quick passes to setup the PA than this BS obvious run on 1st and 2nd. Its a passing league, I think our whole damn division is outdated.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 09:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  The OL has ONE JOB, to protect Andy.  They failed miserably.  Andy has what?  Like 20 jobs to do, every play.  He must make sure that everyone is where they are supposed to be on his side, then get into all of the decisions that he has to make according to what the opposition is showing him, prior to making any adjustments on his side, then he may just have to cancel everything, and call and audible.

If you think that Andy is the problem, you should probably stop watching football and start following fishing shows...
Case in point. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When your quiet guy starts talking, there is clearly an issue.  The offensive line looked pathetic.  I really wonder why they didn't ever consider the three TE sets.

Because that reduces our offensive versatility down to nothing
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:23 PM)jason Wrote: You know, Rich Eisen actually said it may be time to get AJ McCarran in the games today on his radio show. His sidekick or whoever was like "Really?". Eisen went on to point out that they ALMOST won in the playoffs last year, and that McCarran played great when called upon. Rich Eisen went to Michigan, and not Bama so I don't know what the **** he's smoking on.

He's a jackass geekbrain that likes to take little shots at the Bengals whenever he can--in a passive aggressive way, of course. 

Plus, he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to football. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 12:00 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Because that reduces our offensive versatility down to nothing

I believe the opposite.  You can run out of this formation very well.  You can send as many as as four receivers in a pattern.

If you line AJ wide, but off the LOS so he isn't covering up the TE...say, Kroft, on the right side of the LOS, with Eifert on the other side also not covering up Uzomah on the left side of the LOS and you have Gio/Hill in the backfield.  You have extra blockers if you want to run that the defense must still account for going out in a pattern. The RBs can go in motion as well.  Your receivers at (or near) the LOS go 6'4", 6'5", 6'6", and 6'6".  

Plus, you can go no-huddle without changing personnel, which would allow the defense to substitute.  

I don't mean to say that they play 100% of their formations with 3 TEs, but it would give a boost to the running game, which every defense not named Cleveland knows exactly when a run is coming, by being less predictable and also gives Dalton some big targets that DBs will not like trying to tackle.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 08:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I actually think that happened.  I also think his home team fans booed him at a charity softball game.  What did he do?  He worked and worked and improved his game and shoved it up those fans proverbial asses.  Dalton is way too class to give them the bird, but many deserved it.

So, the defense, the coaches, and the offensive line are getting destroyed on all forms of social media....will they respond?  I hope they respond exactly like Dalton.

If you think the fans that booed Dalton deserved the bird then why are you supporting the same behavior by all the "fans" in this thread?

And are you honestly trying to suggest that Dalton was not working hard before he got booed and only succeeded because those boos motivated him to work harder?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 09:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I believe the opposite.  You can run out of this formation very well.  You can send as many as as four receivers in a pattern.

If you line AJ wide, but off the LOS so he isn't covering up the TE...say, Kroft, on the right side of the LOS, with Eifert on the other side also not covering up Uzomah on the left side of the LOS and you have Gio/Hill in the backfield.  You have extra blockers if you want to run that the defense must still account for going out in a pattern. The RBs can go in motion as well.  Your receivers at (or near) the LOS go 6'4", 6'5", 6'6", and 6'6".  

Plus, you can go no-huddle without changing personnel, which would allow the defense to substitute.  

I don't mean to say that they play 100% of their formations with 3 TEs, but it would give a boost to the running game, which every defense not named Cleveland knows exactly when a run is coming, by being less predictable and also gives Dalton some big targets that DBs will not like trying to tackle.  

Honestly, I think the issue is Zamps lack of commitment to the run game. Getting the big willies off the ball and aggressive is pretty important. Plus it slows down those pass rushers. I would rather him do this first then start to add a TE or two more consistently.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 10:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If you think the fans that booed Dalton deserved the bird then why are you supporting the same behavior by all the "fans" in this thread?

And are you honestly trying to suggest that Dalton was not working hard before he got booed and only succeeded because those boos motivated him to work harder?

Because their Dalton fans mostly. I don't see how you can't see it.
Reply/Quote
I miss when Dalton haters had a leg to stand on. The "debates" have been pretty one-sided for 2 years now. I don't even bother making many serious arguments because they look foolish enough on their own. Dalton's performance speaks for itself, and haters can't bring any statistical facts or data to support their arguments anymore.

Advice: do as many others have done, be a grown up and admit you were wrong about the guy. All in all, only a couple old haters remain, and a few guys with McCarron in their sigs. He's a good quarterback. Let it go.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 12:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I miss when Dalton haters had a leg to stand on. The "debates" have been pretty one-sided for 2 years now. I don't even bother making many serious arguments because they look foolish enough on their own. Dalton's performance speaks for itself, and haters can't bring any statistical facts or data to support their arguments anymore.

Advice: do as many others have done, be a grown up and admit you were wrong about the guy. All in all, only a couple old haters remain, and a few guys with McCarron in their sigs. He's a good quarterback. Let it go.

Roll Damn Tide!!!! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Roll Damn Tide!!!! LMAO

Damn 'Bama fans...they are loyal, I'll give them that.  Smirk

Note to self: we need a roll tide McCarron smiley.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 12:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I miss when Dalton haters had a leg to stand on. The "debates" have been pretty one-sided for 2 years now. I don't even bother making many serious arguments because they look foolish enough on their own. Dalton's performance speaks for itself, and haters can't bring any statistical facts or data to support their arguments anymore.

He will still get the Romo treatment though until he wins a playoff game, or at the minimum plays really good in a playoff game. He is after all tied with the record of most playoff starts without a win by a qb in NFL history.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 01:39 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He will still get the Romo treatment though until he wins a playoff game, or at the minimum plays really good in a playoff game. He is after all tied with the record of most playoff starts without a win by a qb in NFL history.

Lewis has had 4 different QBs play in the postseason for him. All looked like crap. Lewis it 6-24 in Primetime, 0-7 in just playoffs.

At some point people need to stop looking at the QB and look at the one consistent thing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 09:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I believe the opposite.  You can run out of this formation very well.  You can send as many as as four receivers in a pattern.

The problem with that is Uzomah and Kroft are incredibly poor route runners so you essentiall take yourself down to a 2 man route with the possibility of an <5 yard gain otherwise on a dumpoff possibly
Reply/Quote