Joe Mixon
64.79%
46 64.79%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook?
For those that want Mixon on the team, I have to wonder if you would feel the same if the girl who's face he broke was your wife/girlfriend, sister, mom, etc? 

Something tells me if that was the case, you wouldn't want Mixon anywhere near this team. Yet, because it's a girl that you don't know, or have any personal attachment to, it's viewed through a very different lens.

I just don't get how anyone who watched the full incident video and the police interviews can feel comfortable about drafting Mixon. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: With all that said she came at him while he was walking away

So either you didn't even both watching the video, or you're mistakenly or deliberately changing the events that actually transpired.

At no point does he walk away prior to knocking her out cold.  The only time he walks away is after he lays her out.  In fact, they walked away from him prior to the confrontation.  You can clearly see them walk in, and then him follow.  To act as if he was trying to leave the situation and they follow, continuing it, is simply untrue.

Watch her buddy. As soon as he comes over he turns his back, and then proceeds to move away from him. His back is turned as Mixon continues talking towards his direction. Shes' not facing him, neither his her friend.  He then says something, and she moves towards him as he simultaneously meets her. He was already moving towards her before she even shoved him.  He then flinches a punch at here, then does punch her.

They walked away. Not him. He followed. The gay friend turned away and ultimately moved away from him. He kept talking.  To pretend like she came at him as he was trying to leave is not at all what happen.

So I guess the question is, are you purposely lying or are you just misinformed?  Cuz I would suggest at least watching what happened before sharing your take. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For those that want Mixon on the team, I have to wonder if you would feel the same if the girl who's face he broke was your wife/girlfriend, sister, mom, etc? 

Something tells me if that was the case, you wouldn't want Mixon anywhere near this team. Yet, because it's a girl that you don't know, or have any personal attachment to, it's viewed through a very different lens.

I just don't get how anyone who watched the full incident video and the police interviews can feel comfortable about drafting Mixon. 

You know why I don't have to worry about this.  They wouldn't attack a man in McDonalds.  Maybe you have to worry about that but my family has some self respect.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not to defend Mixon, but, the girl pushed and THEN slapped him in the face. It wasn't just a push.

Not saying it warranted a right cross, but, he was attacked first.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, nothing makes fans more forgiving than performing on the field.

Tyreek Hill is an example of this.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
My view is the girl, the ONLY VICTIM in this case, has taken some of the blame and apologized to Mixon as well as accepting Mixon's apology. It's a done deal. Both people can move on now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:35 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Wrong.... Wrong.... Wrong....

Mixon made sexual advances toward her, and she didn't care much for his "Muh Dik".  After that he followed her and harassed her and her friends.

However, an article came out recently had her stating that he apologized and that she has accepted it and they both want to move past it.

Based off of that new information, I would take Mixon over Cook every day of the week.  A sincere apology is all that any person could ask for from him.  Sounds like he made it.

The only reason I didn't want him before was due to his handlers attempt to deflect blame of what he did to making it sound like he was defending himself from a racist white person.  It was was disgusting as to how they knew people would side with him, like you, just by calling her a racist. 

Even in the video that shows her hitting him.  He walks in and goes to her booth, blocking her exit.  After the multiple harassment, and him clearly blocking her escape at what point does she get to become physical?  He could have left at any time, chose not to. 

It's all hearsay. I just know what I saw and read. And that was that he was homophobic, she was racist. he tried to leave. she stopped him. Things spiraled.

But to say it couldn't possibly have anything to do with racism is just wearing blinders.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For those that want Mixon on the team, I have to wonder if you would feel the same if the girl who's face he broke was your wife/girlfriend, sister, mom, etc? 

If my girlfriend/wife then filed a lawsuit against him, and after years of litigation settled that lawsuit and accepted his apology, then I'd move on too.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Look.  His reaction was not proportionate to her action.  Hell, if a man shoves me in a bar, I'm more inclined to shove back before throwing fists.  There's a reasonable scale of escalation to consider here.    

She shoved him.  He gives her a right cross to the face.  She made contact with him first, sure, but to say her action justified a full-force punch is flatly absurd.  He went from 5 to 100.  

Believe it or not, you can condemn what he did and still recognize that both parties have since resolved their dispute amicably and this is all water under the bridge.  You don't have to justify, defend, or make excuses for what he did in order to be comfortable with taking him.  What he did sucks.  Everything that came afterward was right.

I agree with this post more than any other in the thread. Yes it happened, yes it was despicable, yes he did respond to a 5 with a 100.

I also agree that this was 3 years ago and he's said and done the right things since.

I'm willing to give him a shot as a player...it's repeat offenders (like Pacman) that I think we should dump or avoid.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:57 PM)Okeana Wrote: You know why I don't have to worry about this.  They wouldn't attack a man in McDonalds.  Maybe you have to worry about that but my family has some self respect.

Attacked? He followed her in. He approached her. 

If someone behaved like that towards one of my female family members...yes, it would be a problem.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:49 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If this team drafts Mixon I will 100% be done with this team. You can delete this account. An absolutely disgusting human being.

A man who does that to a woman ain't no man. He ought to be taken out back and put down. **** that piece of shit and **** anyone who makes excuses for him.

C'mon now, you and I both know you will not be done with this team if they draft Mixon. If that were the case you would've been done with this team long ago!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: To each their own, but I don't buy it for one second. A young girl and her limp wristed friend just casually dropping the n-bomb to a black person's face, while surrounded by their black friends, all completely unprovoked.  Doesn't seem too likely.

And even if they did, even if she was just waiting and you say, for an excuse to use it, what does that have to do with his response. Language used, and the situation leading up to it, is pretty much irrelevant.  To warrant that type of response you're going to need a lot more of a reason than being called the n word.

I wonder what would happen if a white player was called a cracker, then shoved by a black female, and he knocked her out what the response would be.  I somehow suspect it wouldn't be as forgiving.

Where did you see the witness accounts? I'd be curious to read them. I've only seen the video and read a few ESPN articles.

His response was merely an irrational reaction to racism. 

The reverse doesn't apply here. The N word is one of the most instantly evocative words in the English language because of the history behind it. 

I can't really impart to you how that word affects black people when its used aggressively towards them. Mostly because I don't even know, as I am white as well. 

But comparing being called a cracker and being called the N Word is just not the same. It never will be. That is the world we live in. 

I get that it sounds stupid. I get that it's difficult to relate to. I'm just telling you what I saw based on my understanding of the situation. I've seen black people react to that word and it is never very far from throwing punches in any aggressive (white to black, mainly) context.

This is the witness accounts. I guess they call them "sources"

https://rufwriters.com/2016/12/20/interrogation-joe-mixon-brings-new-facts/

Quote:
  1. It is still unknown if Amelia Molitor used the “N” word towards Joe Mixon. Some have reported it, and sources have told me that she in fact said that to him at least once. From this interrogation video, we still do not know. We do know that Molitor’s friend used the “N” word at or describing Mixon whenever Mixon showed up at the table.
Reply/Quote
Without reading entire thread it was reported on NFL NETWORK that Mixon recently blew a gasket over a parking ticket, ripped it up, & went into a tirade towards the officer about it.

I have been very outspoken about not wanting this kid. I felt better about it after the Civil suit was settled and reading what the girl had to say about, but let's get real; he just handed her a pile of money. Of course she was happy.

I just don't want this kid. He's not gonna last long after he gets wealthy. I want Cook all day, everyday, if I'm choosing between the two. I don't trust Mixon or Hill.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon will be 21 years old this year

He was the #1 RB coming out of HS, 5 Stars by every measure, had offers to 47 Schools, every top program.

He can never undo what he did, it was bad.

But, the Bengals have the chance to get the best RB in the drat, on a 4 year deal, sub 7 Million.

Get him for ages 21-26 at worst. Got to go Mix
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:56 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So either you didn't even both watching the video, or you're mistakenly or deliberately changing the events that actually transpired.

At no point does he walk away prior to knocking her out cold.  The only time he walks away is after he lays her out.  In fact, they walked away from him prior to the confrontation.  You can clearly see them walk in, and then him follow.  To act as if he was trying to leave the situation and they follow, continuing it, is simply untrue.

Watch her buddy. As soon as he comes over he turns his back, and then proceeds to move away from him. His back is turned as Mixon continues talking towards his direction. Shes' not facing him, neither his her friend.  He then says something, and she moves towards him as he simultaneously meets her. He was already moving towards her before she even shoved him.  He then flinches a punch at here, then does punch her.

They walked away. Not him. He followed. The gay friend turned away and ultimately moved away from him. He kept talking.  To pretend like she came at him as he was trying to leave is not at all what happen.

So I guess the question is, are you purposely lying or are you just misinformed?  Cuz I would suggest at least watching what happened before sharing your take. 

ok take a tissue to your eyes and prepare yourself i know this will be shocking for you.

27 seconds into this video freeze it hit the wheel button and change the video speed to .25 seconds ( slow motion i know this will hurt ur soul making it last longer )

he is talking to the two guys at the table clearly looking at them he shifts to left and watch the legs... THE LEGS ARE MOVING TOWARDS THE DOOR

WHAT! he's actually WALKING AWAY!  its amazing  

FREEZE 29 seconds.  super slow mo helps right.  Her hands are physically pushing him and he has his hands in his pockets OMG now ur in shock wrong again!

he's like WTF and lunged pulling back to scare her to 

Freeze 30 seconds.   She has one hand on his throat at right hand is moving towards him 

Slow motion again she strikes his neck and he hits her with a picture perfect right cross that shuts her up for 6 months.

Of course im joking at the end because this is so ridiculous, but please watch this in .25 and see just how wrong you are about this situation.  Should he have hit her NO!, but like my dear old mom always said " Don't step unless ur steppin correct "

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: 1.) Look you can write 10 paragraphs about how outraged you are.

2.) You can threaten to take your ball and go home if they draft the guy.  which btw is something that a true 100% ***** would say.

3.) The fact you will take a moral stance on some kid that punched a girl who was attacking him instead of the millions of other travesties that happen every day is total lunacy.  Use your time to promote prison reform or people being exterminated in syria and let this go you will be much happier. 

1.) Yes, I can. Did you have a point to this profound statement?

2.) I'm a ***** because I would boycott a business over something that I strongly disagree with?  I'm not sure I follow. Would I be a ***** if it came out that Kelloggs make Frosted Flakes with Bald Eagle and I decided to not eat their cereal?  Is that a ***** move?  Fwiw, I wouldn't boycott the team solely because of this, but because of a number of things.  Not that it really matters to my point though.

3.) How do you know it's instead of, rather than in addition to?  You don't what other causes I adopt or what other forums I participate in.  And the idea that I can't complain about something I find to be reprehensible because there are worse things is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard.  If I see or hear something that I disagree with, and I have an opportunity to share my opinion on it, then I will it.  It has as much to do with the forum as it does the issue itself.

I suspect that if I complained about the injustice that is favoritism Pittsburgh receive you'd have little to no issue. I wouldn't receive this lecture about what I can and can't be outraged by. Hey, Pittsburgh sucks, valid complaint, right?  But now I complain about this and here comes the lazy and phony rebuttal about children starving in Africa.  I can share my opinion on the Denver Broncos O-Line, but I can't talk about this poor girl taking a haymaker to the face because of Syria.  You'll let me all day about that new free agent, which is worthy of my time but the minute I rip a player you like you'll become the champion for more meaningful causes.

What a joke.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:09 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Without reading entire thread it was reported on NFL NETWORK that Mixon recently blew a gasket over a parking ticket, ripped it up, & went into a tirade towards the officer about it.

I have been very outspoken about not wanting this kid. I felt better about it after the Civil suit was settled and reading what the girl had to say about, but let's get real; he just handed her a pile of money. Of course she was happy.

I just don't want this kid. He's not gonna last long after he gets wealthy. I want Cook all day, everyday, if I'm choosing between the two. I don't trust Mixon or Hill.

Didn't know that one. Possible serious anger issues? On a team that already has Pacman and his anger issues?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Attacked? He followed her in. He approached her. 

If someone behaved like that towards one of my female family members...yes, it would be a problem.

please watch my previous post and watch the video at .25 speed.  Should he have followed them in maybe not.  Ive heard plenty of accounts that she and her friends said something to him outside because they had thought he said something when it was actually his friends.  He went in to confront the guy because he didn't like to be called out by a gay man.  At no point during the conversation at the table did I see him say anything to or even look at her.  She just stuck up for her friend.

Reply/Quote
Wasn't the parking ticket incident a while ago?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: His response was merely an irrational reaction to racism. 

Says who?
Reply/Quote