Joe Mixon
64.79%
46 64.79%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook?
(04-28-2017, 05:45 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Between the two I prefer Cook.  Mixon has better straight line speed, but Cook makes guys miss.  Both have good tape.  Just depends what type you prefer.  The way the Bengals drafted speed in the first it wouldn't surprise me if they took Mixon.  But honestly Cook has great talent also.

I would prefer Mixon. Only because Aaron Hernandez is dead. You know, because of the thugs on the team the Bengals beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs. No wait. Scratch that, reverse it.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 08:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Looks like it really is coming down to Mixon vs Cook.

Watch both be there and we go elsewhere.

Well...we wanted an extra 4th Round pick more than we wanted Cook.

Can 12 draft picks make the team?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...we wanted an extra 4th Round pick more than we wanted Cook.

Can 12 draft picks make the team?

Apparently we're going to find out, unless we trade up, and we all know that happens rarely.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We're taking Mixon if the Colts don't get him. No way the Ravens do with Ray Rice memories still floating around.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Well, I strive to be a man of my word. I will tell you all that one of the best parts of being a Bengal fan was this board. There are a number of you whom I respect and enjoy reading your opinions (there are also a few who are the opposite). As I said in earlier posts, having Pacman on the team has really bothered me. The completely tone deaf comments that both Mike and Marvin made regarding his situation bother me. Adding Mixon just puts it over the top. I still like football, but guess I will start to root for one of the Florida teams.

So long and farewell to you all. I know that being a Bengals fan can be trying at times, but may you all enjoy the coming season!
Reply/Quote
Welp, that's that. After 38 years that's the final nail in the coffin. I could, as I often do, write a novel explaining myself but why bother? I've wasted enough time.

A lot of good people on this site. Best of luck to you all. Take care.

-Toast Jones
Reply/Quote
And............it's Mixon. Guess we need to say goodbye to a few members. Sad
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Where are you getting this?  I would like to know what leads you to believe this is what indeed happened. A link would be great, but I suspect I won't get any response at all.

It was reported on the news that she made a racist remark to Mixon. I don't have a link, but I saw it on the news. Notice in the video she is saying something to him. Where is the audio? Wait, make Mixon look like the bad guy by omitting it? If I called you the n word, you'd punch me too. Besides, it's bye-bye unless you come back as another name. I bet you do.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:40 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Well, I strive to be a man of my word.  I will tell you all that one of the best parts of being a Bengal fan was this board.  There are a number of you whom I respect and enjoy reading your opinions (there are also a few who are the opposite).  As I said in earlier posts, having Pacman on the team has really bothered me.  The completely tone deaf comments that both Mike and Marvin made regarding his situation bother me.  Adding Mixon just puts it over the top.  I still like football, but guess I will start to root for one of the Florida teams.

So long and farewell to you all.  I know that being a Bengals fan can be trying at times, but may you all enjoy the coming season!

(04-28-2017, 09:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Welp, that's that. After 38 years that's the final nail in the coffin. I could, as I often do, write a novel explaining myself but why bother? I've wasted enough time.

-Toast Jones

Oh come on guys. Not saying that what Mixon did was okay, but...

(a) You guys didn't quit when Pacman punched that girl at a bar a few years back
(b) You should give this guy a chance to redeem himself. Not everyone winds up being a repeat offender like Pacman. Look at Ray Rice for example.

Hopefully yall come around because you're both great posters.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Oh come on guys. Not saying that what Mixon did was okay, but...

(a) You guys didn't quit when Pacman punched that girl at a bar a few years back
(b) You should give this guy a chance to redeem himself. Not everyone winds up being a repeat offender like Pacman. Look at Ray Rice for example.

Hopefully yall come around because you're both great posters.

They'll be back

Reply/Quote
They will, they are smarter than that...

Or stupider...

J/K we will be scoring a lot of TD's with these guys and that is what wins games. We need to learn to forgive the young folks
so they can get better. God don't care what you were, he cares who you are... Everyone can learn to be better people.

It is the ones that keep doing it over and over again like Adam Jones that people should be mad about, not Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They will, they are smarter than that...

Or stupider...

J/K we will be scoring a lot of TD's with these guys and that is what wins games. We need to learn to forgive the young folks
so they can get better. God don't care what you were, he cares who you are... Everyone can learn to be better people.

It is the ones that keep doing it over and over again like Adam Jones that people should be mad about, not Mixon.

The retention of that puke....along with this compounding interest.....has me seeing red.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Over...Did you say over, nothing is over till we Decide it's over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, hell no. It's not over cause when the going gets tough the tough gets goin. Who's with me.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Apparently we're going to find out, unless we trade up, and we all know that happens rarely.

Or trade for a player?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Or trade for a player?

I really don't understand why we took the risk and traded back with the Vikes. Everyone knew we wanted Mixon. We have tons of picks. My only guess is we are going to trade up a few times on the last day. I thought they would to get back into the 3rd ahead of the comp picks. Who knows. Glad it worked out.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 02:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Do you really believe this?  Honest question.  Do you buy his exact version of the events, and if so, why exactly?  What are you seeing, either in the video or in the various reports, that is causing you to choose his side over both hers, or something in between?

I would love a response.  I'm generally curious if, after seeing the video and reading everything, if this is the honest to God conclusion you've arrived at.

See, I think it's very, very doubtful that a college aged female in 2017 is publicly a racist, to the point of antagonizing a person of color in a public setting. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's unlikely.  Just for the sake conversation, I'd guess that less than 25% of while woman that age vocally share a racist thought out loud, to anyone.  And the number that would to a black man's face, in a public setting none the less, gotta be less than 1%, and more likely less than .01%. 

I mean, I just don't think there's that many publicly racist teenage white women on college campuses.  I could be wrong, and the numbers and percentages are meaningless, other than for me to try to prove my point.  Which again, is that I find unlikely a girl this age shares those opinions or uses that language in a public setting. Unprovoked nonetheless.

But lets say you do make that argument, that it does happen, and it most likely was the gasoline that started this fire.  How likely is it that a college aged female, WHO IS OUT WITH HER GAY FRIEND, is the type to exhibit this type of behavior?  A young teenage girl in 2017, just out with her gay buddy, dropping the N bomb.  It's becoming less and less likely

But wait, there's more. He claimed the gay friend also used a slur.  In fact, he turned the table and said it.  Keep in mind, the video later showed there were at least two black people sitting at the table.  So a gay kid, turned to a table of black people, and called this guy the N word?  That's his version of the events.  A 20 year homosexual college student, in 2017, turned to a table of black people and dropped the N bomb, describing another black person, not two feet away.  You buy that?

Watch the video.  Tooti Fruity almost immediately turns away from Mixon and then later actually physically moves away from him. Sure looks like someone who either feels threatened, or is trying to to remove themselves from the situation. He appears to want no part of the situation.

She isn't even looking at him at first, and clearly they initially walked away. He followed. Yet you claim they were intentionally antagonizing him?  Why? What facts do you have to support this?  The evidence seems to point to the contrary.

The sad thing is that we even need to break this down. It really doesn't matter.  She was no physical threat to him. The idea that she clearly intended or wished to do more damage to him, as you just said, is absolutely ridiculous.  Get the **** outta here with that. Push her off, file a report, leave the room, something. Anything other than throw a haymaker. His safety was never in question. She shoved him.

You know, I'm just going to stop here. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You and everyone who goes out of their way to defend this.  This is an absolute joke of a take.

Anyone with a brain sees it for what it is. This guy is a scumbag who knocked a girl unconscious for no warranted reason. None. And he played the race card, because he had no other defense. Regardless, there isn't single reason, no matter what happened, that her behavior warranted that response. And it's disgusting to pretend there is.

I hate this post more than I have hated a lot of your posts that I've read in the past, Toast.

I have tons of gay friends. TONS. And guess what? They're just like you and me. And a lot of them are assholes. A lot of them are really shitty, really ****** up people. Drug users, gang bangers, psychopaths, you name it. And they're all gay. So of course a gay person could yell the n-word at a black person. You think they're all angels just because of their sexual orientation?

You're post is homophobic in that you're making blanket statements about people based on sex, sexual orientation, gender, etc. and suggesting that these overarching statements apply to most or all members of a certain group.

If you cannot see how in the world a gay man and a woman can victimize some super strong, invincible straight man, it says a lot about how you view the world.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:50 PM)Okeana Wrote: HE didn't follow her.  He was talking to her male friend.  and he didn't Threaten her.  He never said a single word to her until she lunged at him.  Watch the tape closely because your spouting false information.

Yes HE did.  HE followed her and got mad that she turned him down.  I have seen the video and know that YOU wouldn't care if he would have raped and murdered her.  In your mind HE is a talented player and that is all that matters.

You would be saying, "Well it was just one mistake, should we really punish him for his actions."

Just admit that you are a win at all cost type fan that doesn't care that Ray Lewis stabbed a guy.  You are willing to overlook it due to the talent.

btw.  He has been picked.  I could care less if the Bengals win the SB, he is not the guy I will support.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:42 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: It was reported on the news that she made a racist remark to Mixon. I don't have a link, but I saw it on the news. Notice in the video she is saying something to him. Where is the audio? Wait, make Mixon look like the bad guy by omitting it? If I called you the n word, you'd punch me too. Besides, it's bye-bye unless you come back as another name. I bet you do.

I love how the slur is all anyone talks about but here is what really started the whole thing...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/from-interview-amelia-molitor-said-joe-mixon-punched-her-after/article_35936d94-f3a6-589c-9139-2e1df1d2f968.html
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's all hearsay. I just know what I saw and read. And that was that he was homophobic, she was racist. he tried to leave. she stopped him. Things spiraled.

But to say it couldn't possibly have anything to do with racism is just wearing blinders.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/from-interview-amelia-molitor-said-joe-mixon-punched-her-after/article_35936d94-f3a6-589c-9139-2e1df1d2f968.html

Never said she never used a slur. 

Only that he was more upset that she turned him down.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:40 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Well, I strive to be a man of my word. I will tell you all that one of the best parts of being a Bengal fan was this board. There are a number of you whom I respect and enjoy reading your opinions (there are also a few who are the opposite). As I said in earlier posts, having Pacman on the team has really bothered me. The completely tone deaf comments that both Mike and Marvin made regarding his situation bother me. Adding Mixon just puts it over the top. I still like football, but guess I will start to root for one of the Florida teams.

So long and farewell to you all. I know that being a Bengals fan can be trying at times, but may you all enjoy the coming season!

(04-28-2017, 09:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Welp, that's that. After 38 years that's the final nail in the coffin. I could, as I often do, write a novel explaining myself but why bother? I've wasted enough time.

-Toast Jones
Wow. I've never met a perfect person who's never done anything wrong in his or her life before, let alone 2 of them. And now they're gone. Sad

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote