Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NetFlix Shows...
(05-03-2017, 09:58 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Started watching Marco Polo last night.  I like it.

I liked the 1st season but then it took so long for the 2nd season to come out that I lost interest.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Stranger Things and The OA!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2017, 11:01 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I liked the 1st season but then it took so long for the 2nd season to come out that I lost interest.

That happened to me with The Walking Dead.  I watched the first season.  Liked it.  But, I missed all the announcements the second season was starting.

Marco Polo had a naked woman flipping head over heels while doing kung fu with a sword.  That got my attention.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 10:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That happened to me with The Walking Dead.  I watched the first season.  Liked it.  But, I missed all the announcements the second season was starting.

Marco Polo had a naked woman flipping head over heels while doing kung fu with a sword.  That got my attention.

Yeah that wasn't all bad.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
While it's still somewhat entertaining, House of Cards has gone a little over the top. I found it much more interesting when he was in the House.

Oh and any scene with Claire and Tom is tied with every other scene with Claire and Tom as the most useless scenes in TV.

2 psychopaths with a sociopath enforcer running the country.

Reply/Quote
Bloodlines is a pretty good one. Finished the last season last night. Didn't care for the last couple episodes (way they shot it more than content), but overall it was a solid Netflix original.
Reply/Quote
The Ranch is back up.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2017, 04:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Ranch is back up.

Dangit I started that then we never got back too it...
not on Netflix ALONE is bac
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 09:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Watched it twice. Has that Goonies/Stand by Me/ET appeal thing going for it plus a little something extra. Enjoying Shameless, but can already sense it's reason for demise.

A couple that probably doesn't appeal to as many as it does to me are An Idiot Abroad & The Moaning of Life. Karl Pilkington for President!!! Something about that dude is hilarious, yet so genuine. He just cracks me up.

Nice analogy of Stranger Things. When is the second season going to be on BTW?

Thanks for those Coach, i will check them out when i get a chance.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 02:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice analogy of Stranger Things. When is the second season going to be on BTW?

Thanks for those Coach, i will check them out when i get a chance.

I think I read October on Stranger Things.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 04:30 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I think I read October on Stranger Things.

Thanks again Coach, makes sense, Halloween time. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Trying to get through the new season 5 of 'Orange is the New Black'. Worst season by far already. Its going to be a lot of fast-skimming through to the last episode. ANd that sucks cause I actually liked it from the beginning though last season wasnt as good. But this one is sucking.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Anyone here watch the show californiacation? great funny show has moulder from the x-files as well he plays a writer in LA.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 02:43 PM)magikod Wrote: Anyone here watch the show californiacation? great funny show has moulder from the x-files as well he plays a writer in LA.

Watched the first season, really enjoyed it. Got rid of Showtime (or whatever it was on) and lost track of it.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 04:27 PM)Benton Wrote: Watched the first season, really enjoyed it. Got rid of Showtime (or whatever it was on) and lost track of it.

its on netflix now if you wanna check it out. im on season 6 of 7 right now
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 02:53 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: "13 Reasons Why". I'm just 3 episodes in, and impressed with how it's going so far. Not just another teen angst series, but a serious look into suicide, bullying etc. A tough subject for those whose lives have been touched by such topics, but a 'conversation' well worthy of the effort. Anyone else watched this?

Watch it, discovered that it is based on a book...and the one who read the book says the book is much better, but massive props for putting this out there. The teens have it rough, a lot of very unforgiving social media, christ, anyone with a smart phone can/and will turn into a paparazzi and screw your life up...

Watched:
Frequency-
[Image: frequency03-590x218.png]
thought it was better than the movie back in the day...

No-Tomorrow-
[Image: notomorrow02-590x218.png]
Chick-flick kinda story/show, but the characters other than Evy steal the show. 

Penny Dreadful-
[Image: pennydreadful08-590x393.jpg]
Just bad-ass...

The Santa Clarita Diet-
[Image: santa-clarita-diet.jpg]
Funny, enjoyed it a lot...

Life in Pieces-
[Image: LifeInPieces1.jpg]
Funny, enjoyed it a lot...

The Keepers-
[Image: keepers%2520social.jpg]
This was interesting to say the least...coming from a former alter boy..

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Just finished watching Ozark, with Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. Interesting show with a very talented cast. I'm looking forward to where they go in season 2.

Anyone else given it a watch?
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2017, 01:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just finished watching Ozark, with Jason Bateman and Laura Linney. Interesting show with a very talented cast. I'm looking forward to where they go in season 2.

Anyone else given it a watch?

Yeah watched it last week. It was good, and definitely one of the better new shows on Netflix in quite some time. Bateman did a very solid job, and Linney is good as she always is. It gets my recommendation to watch.

Reply/Quote
I almost got rid of Netflix for a while, but am keeping it though. I definitely hate the new rating system of thumbs up and thumbs down though. And they also have dumbed down the topics to browse through.

But alas, I now use this site below to navigate through the various genres more specifically, like the old days. You need to have Netflix open to use, as all it does is opens up a new Netflix page with their own codes, so its perfectly legal and safe. Like my women.

http://netflixcodes.me/

Reply/Quote
I just finished season 2 of Last Chance U. Pretty good although I feel like season 1 was better. I'm torn on season 3 as I like following up with EMCC, but I'm curious to see what a non-power house JC looks like.

Probably start watching GLOW next.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote