Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT Jordan Mills visiting
Buffalo FA right tackle Jordan Mills will be visiting Cincinnati tonight and tomorrow. 28 out of Louisiana Tech. He’s 6’5” and 316lbs. Started all games for the last 3 years.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He is not good... Thank you next
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He isn't a starter and not meant to be (even though he has). He is young and has experience, which seems to be what we are looking for. He is a 3rd or 4th tackle that could be cut if we draft two in the draft. We need to have 4 or 5 on the roster heading into camp so I wouldn't worry too much about this, he is a depth guy.
Reply/Quote
Depth guy and we only have what 2-3 tackles on roster? I have no arguments if he signs.
Reply/Quote
well Winston was getting old.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 10:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well Winston was getting old.

...Winston wasn't even in football last season. I do agree though, he is getting older.
Reply/Quote
Going strictly on stats he is twice as good as Hart.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
sounds like Taylor wants competition at positions that really need it.
you never know. he might play at a high level like Trent Brown did in NE last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 10:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: He isn't a starter and not meant to be (even though he has).

He is a 3rd or 4th tackle that could be cut if we draft two in the draft. We need to have 4 or 5 on the roster heading into camp so I wouldn't worry too much about this, he is a depth guy.

(04-01-2019, 10:36 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Depth guy and we only have what 2-3 tackles on roster? I have no arguments if he signs.

I hate to say it but this is EXACTLY what everyone said about Hart last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 10:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I hate to say it but this is EXACTLY what everyone said about Hart last year.

If that's the case then he is replacing Hart, we only have two tackle spots and one is Glenn's. If he can beat out Hart that's not a bad thing really. I would guess any deal would be one year, or two with nothing guaranteed year two, which would signal he is a back up plan cuttable after camp if it doesn't work out.

We didn't only have 2 tackles on the roster at this point last year, so it is slightly different. We knew we would be adding another tackle at some point heading into or coming out of the draft beyond the expected pick or two we will make. We have been meeting with tackles all over the country, we will take one relatively early still. I have said for the last month I think we are looking at a day 2/3 prospect for tackle with potentially a double up in the 6th. 
Reply/Quote
Sign him, and may the least worst loser win at RT.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 10:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: He isn't a starter and not meant to be (even though he has). He is young and has experience, which seems to be what we are looking for. He is a 3rd or 4th tackle that could be cut if we draft two in the draft. We need to have 4 or 5 on the roster heading into camp so I wouldn't worry too much about this, he is a depth guy.

Is 28 really young?

He's rated 56.0 by PFF which is the #70 Tackle.

Here's his PFF write-up:

Jordan Mills has been an example of consistency, as he’s played over 1,000 snaps in each of the past three seasons, making him one of only seven tackles to do so. He is still only 28 years old, but he has never surpassed his career-high 62.7 overall grade, which came in his final season with the Chicago Bears. At this point in his career, Mills has proven that he can be a stable backup offensive lineman in this league but not a quality starter for a team.

Since 2016, Mills has led the Buffalo Bills in total pressures allowed and has posted the lowest pass-blocking grade among the team’s qualifying offensive lineman. The ceiling hasn’t been very high for Mills thus far in his career, only earning a game grade above 80.0 just once since entering the league in 2013 (Week 13 vs. DAL, 83.9). However, Mills’ strengths have changed since coming to Buffalo from Chicago. After earning a higher run-blocking grade than pass-blocking grade each of the two seasons in the windy city, Mills has improved his pass blocking while his run blocking has taken a dip. His 47.7 run-blocking grade in 2018 ranked 77th out of 85 qualifying tackles.
Reply/Quote
The dude is essentially a slightly older version of Bobby Hart.

PFF rated him the #70 Tackle with a 56.0 grade.
PFF rated Hart the #69 Tackle with a 56.2 grade.

Here's a PFF free agent review of Jordan Mills:

Quote:Jordan Mills has been an example of consistency, as he’s played over 1,000 snaps in each of the past three seasons, making him one of only seven tackles to do so. He is still only 28 years old, but he has never surpassed his career-high 62.7 overall grade, which came in his final season with the Chicago Bears. At this point in his career, Mills has proven that he can be a stable backup offensive lineman in this league but not a quality starter for a team.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-nfl-free-agency-profile-jordan-mills

I guess someone on the Bengals was really impressed with the 2016 Bills offensive line.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Is this evidence they might double down at Offensive Tackle in the draft?

I'd bet yes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
God no, he's NEVER been good...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 11:35 AM)Synric Wrote: Is this evidence they might double down at Offensive Tackle in the draft?

I'd bet yes.

How would bringing this guy in to potentially sign be evidence that we'd be adding 2 tackles in the draft?

IF anything, signing him would mean we would only draft 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 11:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: God no, he's NEVER been good...

Mr. Negative.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 11:35 AM)Synric Wrote: Is this evidence they might double down at Offensive Tackle in the draft?

I'd bet yes.

You think so? My concern was that this meant they might ignore the position early altogether...
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 11:43 AM)NKURyan Wrote: You think so? My concern was that this meant they might ignore the position early altogether...

That's what I interpreted the move as also. IF we sign him.
Reply/Quote
If I told you once, I told you twice Bills have had one of the few Olines worse than ours the last 3 years. Bad enough they looked for Bodine to be an upgrade.

Why can't we get players that came from a good (or at least respectable) unit?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote