Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
PnR Decorum and suspensions
(02-13-2018, 01:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How can I troll a blatant lie some else wrote IOT troll others?
I'm going to ask nicely that this be dropped. Please ?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
(02-13-2018, 08:01 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm going to ask nicely that this be dropped. Please ?

Serious question, why is it okay to be a serial liar, but not it isn't okay to question the serial lying?
Uh oh
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-13-2018, 08:01 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm going to ask nicely that this be dropped. Please ?

Serious question, why is it okay to be a serial liar, but it isn't okay to question the serial lying?
(02-14-2018, 12:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Serious question, why is it okay to be a serial liar, but it isn't okay to question the serial lying?

I'll give you a serious answer in the form of a question.  Is there anyone on this board who isn't aware of the serial liar you are alluding to and their tendencies?  It's not like this poster has any general support.  He's also way tamer than in his previous iterations, going after him now is almost like seal clubbing.
(02-14-2018, 12:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll give you a serious answer in the form of a question.  Is there anyone on this board who isn't aware of the serial liar you are alluding to and their tendencies?  It's not like this poster has any general support.  He's also way tamer than in his previous iterations, going after him now is almost like seal clubbing.

My take away: no problem.
(02-14-2018, 12:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll give you a serious answer in the form of a question.  Is there anyone on this board who isn't aware of the serial liar you are alluding to and their tendencies?  It's not like this poster has any general support.  He's also way tamer than in his previous iterations, going after him now is almost like seal clubbing.

The seal was asking for it with the way it dressed like a slut all the time.
Absolutely pathetic.
Handsome
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Just a couple of friendly reminders from the Code of Conduct:

Messages of any kind that are intended to insult, belittle, harass, embarrass or threaten another member can lead to a suspension or ban.

If you see a post or thread that you feel violates the CoC, you can easily notify the staff by using the 'Report' button on the post / thread. We review all reports and make determinations on each.

If a member of the staff asks you to stop with a certain line of posting, please respect that request and do so. If you have any question or complaints about it, contact a staff member to discuss.

It is categorically impossible having a serious conversation with a 'serial liar', even more so when said individual is constantly moving the target for the sake of sensationalism or braggadocio.  Plain and simple.  

Its one thing when we're talking about immigration reform or religious superiority or why its unbefitting of me to date someone with different color skin.  Its a different story when we're discussing mass shootings in schools.  Mock the justice department and Obama's wife all you want.  This little charade taking place right now is as heinous as it gets.  

(02-14-2018, 05:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Messages of any kind that are intended to insult, belittle, harass, embarrass or threaten another member can lead to a suspension or ban.

Completely understand the intent 'holic and why this part of the COC is important.  This statement is soley meant to shed light on the facts of the situation.  Lending any sort of credit to the voice of a verified con in a discussion as serious as school mass shootings...  I find it very difficult to play nice with someone of such low character.  As such, I will recuse myself.
(02-15-2018, 03:04 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: It is categorically impossible having a serious conversation with a 'serial liar', even more so when said individual is constantly moving the target for the sake of sensationalism or braggadocio.  Plain and simple.  

Its one thing when we're talking about immigration reform or religious superiority or why its unbefitting of me to date someone with different color skin.  Its a different story when we're discussing mass shootings in schools.  Mock the justice department and Obama's wife all you want.  This little charade taking place right now is as heinous as it gets.  

I completely agree, which is why I generally ignore the poster in question. 
Quick quiz:

What is the most effective ways to stop a child's cries for attention?

A. Criticize the kid
B. Curse out the kid
C. talk to other adults in front of him and point out his fault
D. Ignore him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-15-2018, 03:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I completely agree, which is why I generally ignore the poster in question. 

Yes  i would say that's the best way to deal with any poster that rubs you the wrong way.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-15-2018, 03:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Quick quiz:

A. Criticize the kid
B. Curse out the kid
D. Ignore him

I think you're fishing for D., but that's just shitty parenting. A kid is crying for attention and we neglect them? Maybe we should give them the attention that they need and try to help coach them through their problem behavior.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(02-15-2018, 04:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes  i would say that's the best way to deal with any poster that rubs you the wrong way.

To each their own, but I save my ignore list for the obvious trolls, rather than those with varying opinions.  Talking to these mo-mos helps me practice for having to have the same conversations with my in-laws at Thanksgiving. 

I feel like the jury is still out as to whether the poster in question (Is this like a Voldemort "he who shall not be named" type thing?) is trolling, or legitimately terrible.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(02-15-2018, 03:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Quick quiz:

A. Criticize the kid
B. Curse out the kid
D. Ignore him

E. Talk to the kid, tell them what they did wrong, why it's not acceptable and outline what will happen if they don't stop the negative action.
(02-15-2018, 05:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: To each their own, but I save my ignore list for the obvious trolls, rather than those with varying opinions.  Talking to these mo-mos helps me practice for having to have the same conversations with my in-laws at Thanksgiving. 

I feel like the jury is still out as to whether the poster in question (Is this like a Voldemort "he who shall not be named" type thing?) is trolling, or legitimately terrible.

Oh varying opinions is fine.  But there are some people who could even have similar opinions that you don't like.  

(02-15-2018, 05:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I think you're fishing for D., but that's just shitty parenting. A kid is crying for attention and we neglect them? Maybe we should give them the attention that they need and try to help coach them through their problem behavior.

Not sure where I said you should neglect anyone.

Neglect: fail to care for properly

Ignore: refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.

(02-15-2018, 05:11 PM)Benton Wrote: E. Talk to the kid, tell them what they did wrong, why it's not acceptable and outline what will happen if they don't stop the negative action.

This is why I used the word cries (plural noun of cry "shout or scream" ). Of course you instruct your child on right and wrong. But if they continually cry for attention, what do you do?