Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
PnR Decorum and suspensions
(02-15-2018, 05:11 PM)Benton Wrote: E. Talk to the kid, tell them what they did wrong, why it's not acceptable and outline what will happen if they don't stop the negative action.

Well, it's obvious YOU've never been a parent.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-15-2018, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is why I used the word cries (plural noun of cry "shout or scream" ). Of course you instruct your child on right and wrong. But if they continually cry for attention, what do you do?  

Quote:E. Talk to the kid, tell them what they did wrong, why it's not acceptable and outline what will happen if they don't stop the negative action.

You follow through on the last part.

(02-15-2018, 06:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, it's obvious YOU've never been a parent.  Mellow

Then why does your mom keep calling me Daddy?

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-15-2018, 05:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: To each their own, but I save my ignore list for the obvious trolls, rather than those with varying opinions.  Talking to these mo-mos helps me practice for having to have the same conversations with my in-laws at Thanksgiving. 

I feel like the jury is still out as to whether the poster in question (Is this like a Voldemort "he who shall not be named" type thing?) is trolling, or legitimately terrible.

How about sometimes I am an a-hole and sometimes I am not. None of it is terrible.

The simple explanation is usually the best. Instead of the crazy notions that I am 6 different posters including a mod.

This is quite common with everyone on this board or in our lives. Being an a-hole does not equal being a terrible person.

Since I am not on your ignore list you obviously don’t see me as a troll.

As for being Voldemort..... I will have to look that up. No idea who that is supposed to be
(02-15-2018, 06:27 PM)Benton Wrote: You follow through on the last part.

Then why does your mom keep calling me Daddy?

Mellow

No idea. Especially when you factor in that she's been dead these past 30 years. Mellow

Just kidding. My Mom's still alive and well.
(02-15-2018, 06:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How about sometimes I am an a-hole and sometimes I am not. None of it is terrible.

The simple explanation is usually the best. Instead of the crazy notions that I am 6 different posters including a mod.

This is quite common with everyone on this board or in our lives. Being an a-hole does not equal being a terrible person.

As for being Voldemort..... I will have to look that up. No idea who that is supposed to be
You guys totally could be twins..... so super serious.... totally.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
(02-15-2018, 06:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is why I used the word cries (plural noun of cry "shout or scream" ). Of course you instruct your child on right and wrong. But if they continually cry for attention, what do you do?  

Ha!  When I was a child, and would outburst for attention, my Dad gave it to me, in a negative sort of way..  I learned to keep my mouth shut, and pay attention to what was going on around me, rather than what anyone was or wasn't doing for me.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-15-2018, 09:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ha!  When I was a child, and would outburst for attention, my Dad gave it to me, in a negative sort of way..  I learned to keep my mouth shut, and pay attention to what was going on around me, rather than what anyone was or wasn't doing for me.

Perhaps he was just following up on what he outlined would happen. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

no one said anyone was 6 different posters. i doubt this particular meat sack keyboard warrior has the capability or attention to detail to spoof on a technical level. its the bullshit narrative of this specific online persona that invalidates everything they say.

add to that being an 'a-hole' in a thread about the deaths of 15 kids and 2 adults merely for the sake of bolstering a fake online persona, and it becomes terrible, subhuman even. Troll > Subhuman
(02-15-2018, 08:52 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You guys totally could be twins..... so super serious.... totally.

I guess I gotta give the people what they want then lol
(02-15-2018, 11:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I guess I gotta give the people what they want then lol

Well, you have a twin named Jerome.
Quote:To be fair. I don’t throw in mental illness for the sake of being inflammatory. It’s a widely supported medial opinion.

And don’t worry about using any card. I have purposely toned down on this topic for quite a while now. Anyone who has looked at my posting on it now versus back then when planet fitness guy lumbers into the women’s locker room can see the difference.

This from earlier today. It is patently false that "it's a widely supported medial opinion" that being transgender is a mental illness typically citing a small lunatic fringe of a couple hundred bigoted, conservative Christians calling themselves the American College of Pediatricians in a deliberate attempt to pass themselves off as the American Academy of Pediatrics.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Illness is the medical standard used by the medical community to diagnosis psychiatric disorders. I have specifically shown him the diagnostic criteria of gender dysphoria and how it differs from someone who is transgender as well as the official opinions of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Medical Association directly contradicting the small group of bigoted quacks proving their views are most definitely not "widely supported medial opinion."

I have explained this repeatedly so he cannot claim ignorance. He has been informed and refuse to acknowledge the truth. At this point, he is deliberately spreading false and misleading propaganda. Furthermore, after being educated repeatedly he knows the propaganda is false which means he is deliberately lying. You can't have an honest discussion about a topic rooted in dishonesty. This is the very definition of trolling.
(02-16-2018, 01:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, you have a twin named Jerome.

Well add that to the list of names and board members you have accused me of being.
(02-16-2018, 02:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well add that to the list of names and board members you have accused me of being.

Quote:Having the first name Tyrone has never hampered my job or home options.

Oops, sorry. I can't keep all your lies straight, Jeremy. I mean "Tyrone."
(02-16-2018, 02:22 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oops, sorry. I can't keep all your lies straight, Jeremy. I mean "Tyrone."

Awww look at you trying to guess names.
Seriously.... this is a decorum/suspension thread. Let's stay on topic past this point. I was guilty of it, too.
*smacks self on wrist with ruler*

(02-16-2018, 04:17 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Seriously.... this is a decorum/suspension thread. Let's stay on topic past this point. I was guilty of it, too.
*smacks self on wrist with ruler*

And this is why I love this board so much.  even the decorum/suspension threads are highly entertaining to me.  :) 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(02-15-2018, 10:00 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: and it becomes terrible, subhuman even.  Troll > Subhuman

Subhuman includes bragging that you teach kids to call other kids "retards". Bragging about stalking trans people in real life and wanting to secretly photograph them to mock them here. Calling all bullying good, even when it causes suicide because it was done by someone's rapist or an adult posing as a teen on myspace to embarrass a child. 

But the disgustingness is directed at people who don't post here so it's excused. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-15-2018, 06:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How about sometimes I am an a-hole and sometimes I am not.  None of it is terrible.    

The simple explanation is usually the best.    Instead of the crazy notions that I am 6 different posters including a mod.  

This is quite common with everyone on this board or in our lives.   Being an a-hole does not equal being a terrible person.  

As for being Voldemort..... I will have to look that up.   No idea who that is supposed to be

You've not watched Harry Potter?
(02-16-2018, 11:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Subhuman includes bragging that you teach kids to call other kids "retards". Bragging about stalking trans people in real life and wanting to secretly photograph them to mock them here. Calling all bullying good, even when it causes suicide because it was done by someone's rapist or an adult posing as a teen on myspace to embarrass a child. 

But the disgustingness is directed at people who don't post here so it's excused. 

Keep in mind, the CoC has been updated since so many have tried to find ways to "skirt around" the intent of the rules.

In addition. these actions can lead to a suspension, and depending on severity and frequency, can result in a permanent ban:
  • Creating any account(s) other than your original one.
  • Publicly calling out staff members or moderation / disciplinary actions.
  • Attempting to bypass the language filter by adding letters, spaces or characters.
  • Spamming with unapproved advertising, commercial solicitation or link repetition.
  • Trolling with posts / threads that are purposely intended to provoke reactions and instigate arguments.
  • Starting a thread in order to call out, make fun of or start a fight with another member of the board.
  • Bumping an old thread(s) for the specific purpose of demonstrating that a member/opinion was wrong.
  • Purposely and/or repeatedly posting off-topic messages or content that impedes, derails or hijacks a thread.
  • Any use of hateful language containing slurs or bigotry towards race, gender or sexual preference.
  • Messages of any kind that are intended to insult, belittle, harass, embarrass or threaten another member.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(02-16-2018, 12:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep in mind, the CoC has been updated since so many have tried to find ways to "skirt around" the intent of the rules.

In addition. these actions can lead to a suspension, and depending on severity and frequency, can result in a permanent ban:

• Bumping an old thread(s) for the specific purpose of demonstrating that a member/opinion was wrong.
I dunno.  Would we rather have another thread started just to show someone was actually wrong?  Because I personally don't have a problem with someone showing that someone was actually wrong.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.