Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(03-02-2020, 04:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-free-agency-patriots-considering-andy-dalton-trade-if-tom-brady-cant-be-retained-per-report/

Either the Pats are trying to leverage Brady, or there's something to this. Maybe both?

“Dalton, who at one point had four consecutive winning seasons”

How is it possible to get stuff like this wrong? Doesn’t 2015 count as a 5th consecutive winning season?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 04:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-free-agency-patriots-considering-andy-dalton-trade-if-tom-brady-cant-be-retained-per-report/

Either the Pats are trying to leverage Brady, or there's something to this. Maybe both?

I like it, I think we could get the most out of the Patriots. They will be the most desperate if Brady leaves IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 07:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it, I think we could get the most out of the Patriots. They will be the most desperate if Brady leaves IMO.

I was going to say the Pats could take Champagne Jacob Eason with a 2nd round pick, but apparently his father isn't the Tony Eason that took the Patriots to that ill-fated SB in 85.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 05:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Dalton, who at one point had four consecutive winning seasons”

How is it possible to get stuff like this wrong? Doesn’t 2015 count as a 5th consecutive winning season?

Shoddy journalism abound in this country right now ....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 10:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was going to say the Pats could take Champagne Jacob Eason with a 2nd round pick, but apparently his father isn't the Tony Eason that took the Patriots to that ill-fated SB in 85.

I actually like Eason better than Herbert or Love honestly.

(03-03-2020, 03:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Shoddy journalism abound in this country right now ....

You know it Wyche.
Reply/Quote
People want to down play Dalton, but all of the people that I respect on Sirius NFL think that NFL GMs will look at Dalton as the best avaiable vet QB on the market.

I agree with them. Dalton is a better option than Rivers, Winston and others. The catch is how many teams will want a vet QB in the offseason. I could see the Bucs, Bears, Patriots, Chargers and Colts as teams that think they might be a solid QB away from the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 04:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: People want to down play Dalton, but all of the people that I respect on Sirius NFL think that NFL GMs will look at Dalton as the best avaiable vet QB on the market.

I agree with them.  Dalton is a better option than Rivers, Winston and others.  The catch is how many teams will want a vet QB in the offseason.  I could see the Bucs, Bears, Patriots, Chargers and Colts as teams that think they might be a solid QB away from the playoffs.

Hey, in the right system Dalton is a winner. He has just been in a tight spot the last 3 years or so.
Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/rumors-belichick-believes-dalton-has-untapped-potential

Quote:Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report added fuel to that report on Wednesday, writing that the reported interest from the Patriots in Dalton is real, and that Belichick believes Dalton has "untapped potential".

"Several teams have mentioned to me that the Patriots' reported interest in Dalton is very real," Freeman wrote. "Bill Belichick, like others around the league, believes Dalton has untapped potential and that it's been hard to decipher how truly good or bad he is because he's played in Cincinnati."

Seems ol' Billy thinks we've been holding Andy back with poor scheme and/or talent. I didn't think that could happen with the way some talk on here. Cool

In all seriousness, it's great to see a healthy interest in Dalton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:49 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/rumors-belichick-believes-dalton-has-untapped-potential

Seems ol' Billy thinks we've been holding Andy back with poor scheme and/or talent. I didn't think that could happen with the way some talk on here.  Cool

Regardless of if Belichek holds this high of an opinion or not, he is certainly doing the Bengals a solid by letting it leak to the media the last few weeks. It just seems a little over the top. It could be posturing with Tom Brady's negotiations or maybe it's a favor for Cincy not pressing Spygate 2.0 more. Either way, I like it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:49 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/rumors-belichick-believes-dalton-has-untapped-potential

Seems ol' Billy thinks we've been holding Andy back with poor scheme and/or talent. I didn't think that could happen with the way some talk on here. Cool

Hmm..I don’t remember him saying Mixon was being held back here, just that he was one of the best RB’s on the league.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hmm..I don’t remember him saying Mixon was being held back here, just that he was one of the best RB’s on the league.

What does that have to do with Dalton?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does that have to do with Dalton?

Exactly what I said. That his praise for Mixon came without mentioning excuses.

Reply/Quote
I really need to hear from Bfine before I believe any of this.

5 teams supposedly interested in Dalton? The Patriots value him as a potential option? I mean, I thought this guy was the worst QB in the entire league?

I don't know who to believe, Bfine or Belichick. They're both so knowledgeable. Is Belichick just a Dalton Ganger?

Confusing times...
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 09:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, in the right system Dalton is a winner. He has just been in a tight spot the last 3 years or so.

we haven't had anything resembling a offensive system in 3 years now.

I much Doubt Dalton has interest in the Bears with Lazor… Not that the bears had draft picks for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 12:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really need to hear from Bfine before I believe any of this.

5 teams supposedly interested in Dalton? The Patriots value him as a potential option? I mean, I thought this guy was the worst QB in the entire league?

I don't know who to believe, Bfine or Belichick. They're both so knowledgeable. Is Belichick just a Dalton Ganger?

Confusing times...

Well, we’ve heard for years that Belichick can win with anyone. How many times have people brought up Matt Cassel on this board?

I guess it’s something that he wants Dalton over Jared Stidham though...

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 12:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, we’ve heard for years that Belichick can win with anyone. How many times have people brought up Matt Cassel on this board?

I guess it’s something that he wants Dalton over Jared Stidham though...

Correct me I am wrong, but it appears BB may have may vet options or draft other than AD. We will know very soon, one of those options is named Brady. If BB want Brady, he will get Brady in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 12:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Exactly what I said. That his praise for Mixon came without mentioning excuses.

Well it is pretty obvious that the best running back in the league would not be 22nd in yards per attempt and 22nd in rushing TDs if there was not something effecting his production.

Or maybe Bill feels that the big problem with the Bengals was the coaching of the passing game.

Fact is that Belichick statement was clear.  No way you can spin it to mean anything other than what he said.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 12:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we haven't had anything resembling a offensive system in 3 years now.

I much Doubt Dalton has interest in the Bears with Lazor…  Not that the bears had draft picks for us.

Lazor was actually very complimentary of Dalton and Andy bought into his system.  I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to go there.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 12:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we haven't had anything resembling a offensive system in 3 years now.

I much Doubt Dalton has interest in the Bears with Lazor…  Not that the bears had draft picks for us.

The more I think about it the Colts look like the best team for Dalton to go to. Good O-line, in a dome, decent D.

They also have two 2nd round picks and the Patriots don't have a 2nd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The more I think about it the Colts look like the best team for Dalton to go to. Good O-line, in a dome, decent D.

They also have two 2nd round picks and the Patriots don't have a 2nd round pick.

heard they were courting Rivers... But Dalton would be around longer.
Reply/Quote