Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you pick as the Bengals first Rounder?
I think we will see a record amount of trades now that comp picks can be used. Might not effect the first half of round one as much but from the 2nd on it's going to be crazy.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 02:19 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Ruben foster.
This kid is going to be special. Plays sideline to sideline . Would be unreal with him and vontaze

Ditto!  On top of that - all the squeeler fans I know are now saying the Bengals play "dirty" and they're to rough.  I want another guy with a mean streak to continue the shitsburgh wussification. Foster fits the bill!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This Mock is crazy. They don't have Fournette or Cook going in the 1st Round:

https://theringer.com/ringer-nfl-mock-draft-version-2-6917921551d6
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 10:17 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: If you are in Charge of picking up the First Rounder who would you choose and why?

I agree with Bengals Director of Player Personnel in drafting RB Fournette at 9.  This is not the type player we have been seeing making the play-offs and drafting later.  He was in Top 10 going from high school to college.  He remains Top 10 going from college to NFL.  A rare blend of size, power and speed.  Has been compared to Larry Johnson, Elliott of Dallas and even Adrian Peterson for his size, power and speed.  Right now we are down to Hill, and I've never seen anybody able to carry the ball every play all season.  Fournette is an upgrade Bengals front office is hoping for. With Burkhead gone and Gio injured still gimpy, there is a RB need.

If not Fournette, Foster at LB is considered the hardest hitter on D in the draft. You add him to Burfict hitting hard and we have the toughest LBs in NFL.  Atkins and Dunlap and good DBs and Foster and Burfict laying the hits and nobody wants to play the Bengals D. 

Now, if Fournette and Foster get picked before 9......that only means a top D Lineman has fallen to us.  Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, Jonathan Allen or Derek Barnett, any of these D Lineman falling to us would be great Top 10 Picks. 

Please remember people that we are drafting in the Elite Top 10. ...So stop thinking in terms of players like Mixon who are more round 2 types.  We are not picking near the end this year.  THIS IS A TOP 10 SELECT PICK. .....Fournette would be a great Top 10 Elite Pick.  Just the fact he gets compared to Adrian Peterson means this is a RB the Bengals rarely get to draft.  PAUL BROWN said it's hard to pass up a top RB, and all he did was win Championships at Ohio State, Cleveland Browns and get Cincinnati Bengals to Super Bowl.  PAUL BROWN would take Fournette at RB without a second guess.   Also it is said that to win in the AFC North you MUST have a GREAT running back. PAUL BROWN would agree with the Bengals Director of Player Personnel and grab this rare gifted RB.

As for Cook now being mentioned. This reminds me of Andrew Luck all season and then at draft time some started saying RG3 over Luck.....Founette has been the premier RB in the USA from high school to now and is the best blend of size, power and speed since Adrian Peterson. Talking of Cook is like talking of RG3. You are better sticking with time tested Luck and Fournette . As for Mixon, anybody that takes this 2nd round player in the Top 10 does not understand the NFL draft. ....We will get a player with talent like AJ Green from high school on up in the Select 10, and give Bengals a Pro Bowl Player at another position. Remember John Elway never won a thing until they added RB-Terrell Davis. We will get a Top 10 pick and get back to play-offs and hopefully SUPER BOWL.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 01:40 PM)kevin Wrote: I agree with Bengals Director of Player Personnel in drafting RB Fournette at 9.  This is not the type player we have been seeing making the play-offs and drafting later.  He was in Top 10 going from high school to college.  He remains Top 10 going from college to NFL.  A rare blend of size, power and speed.  Has been compared to Larry Johnson, Elliott of Dallas and even Adrian Peterson for his size, power and speed.  Right now we are down to Hill, and I've never seen anybody able to carry the ball every play all season.  Fournette is an upgrade Bengals front office is hoping for.  With Burkhead gone and Gio injured still gimpy, there is a RB need.

If not Fournette, Foster at LB is considered the hardest hitter on D in the draft. You add him to Burfict hitting hard and we have the toughest LBs in NFL.  Atkins and Dunlap and good DBs and Foster and Burfict laying the hits and nobody wants to play the Bengals D. 

Now, if Fournette and Foster get picked before 9......that only means a top D Lineman has fallen to us.  Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, Jonathan Allen or Derek Barnett, any of these D Lineman falling to us would be great Top 10 Picks. 

Please remember people that we are drafting in the Elite Top 10. ...So stop thinking in terms of players like Mixon who are more round 2 types.  We are not picking near the end this year.  THIS IS A TOP 10 SELECT PICK. .....Fournette would be a great Top 10 Elite Pick.  Just the fact he gets compared to Adrian Peterson means this is a RB the Bengals rarely get to draft.  PAUL BROWN said it's hard to pass up a top RB, and all he did was win Championships at Ohio State, Cleveland Browns and get Cincinnati Bengals to Super Bowl.  PAUL BROWN would take Fournette at RB without a second guess.   Also it is said that to win in the AFC North you MUST have a GREAT running back.  PAUL BROWN would agree with the Bengals Director of Player Personnel and grab this rare gifted RB.

As for Cook now being mentioned.  This reminds me of Andrew Luck all season and then at draft time some started saying RG3 over Luck.....Founette has been the premier RB in the USA from high school to now and is the best blend of size, power and speed since Adrian Peterson.  Talking of Cook is like talking of RG3.  You are better sticking with time tested Luck and Fournette .  As for Mixon, anybody that takes this 2nd round player in the Top 10 does not understand the NFL draft. ....We will get a player with talent like AJ Green from high school on up in the Select 10, and give Bengals a Pro Bowl Player at another position.  Remember John Elway never won a thing until they added RB-Terrell Davis.  We will get a Top 10 pick and get back to play-offs and hopefully SUPER BOWL.

THAT is some Fournette love lol.

He could be great and he can catch the ball out of the backfield which is a must for us. I have said before that he is
probably the fastest big back since Earl Campbell, he is faster than AP was, AP was just a monster to bring down who
ran much more upright like Dickerson.

Definately for the pick.

I still want a pass rusher the most but if we could get Jordan Willis, Demarcus Walker or Takk in the 2nd, a Center in
the 3rd and Fournette in the first i would be very excited.

I must add i have not heard anything about anyone taking Mixon in the top 10, 2nd round is where i have heard this.
Reply/Quote
Still think Reuben Foster, even with the Minter signing. I don't think we need to add to a defensive line with two pro-bowlers on it. I believe in Dennard, WJIII and even the safeties.

I've been reading that Foster is a Kuechly level talent. I think it would be hard to pass that up. Also Reddick from Temple.

If there was one good enough, maybe an offensive lineman, but there's nothing worth the ninth pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 12:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, you have to remember that teams can (and will) fall in love with a certain prospect and then start to have delusions that another team is going to pick him.

I would bet that there are a few teams that think that they HAVE to get in front of Cincy if they want Foster or a DE because that is what the common thinking is.

I can also bet that there are a few teams that feel that they need to get in front of Cleveland at #12 to get a QB that they really want.

I could see a team trying to jump in front of Buffalo to get a CB, WR or QB.

Nobody is trading up for Foster.  MLB/ILB isn't a premium position and reports are Foster interviewed poorly at the combine.  

The first and second rounds are also well stocked with pass rushers.  I think most teams will stick to their boards and not panic if a few come off the board in the Top 10.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 11:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: Nobody is trading up for Foster.  MLB/ILB isn't a premium position and reports are Foster interviewed poorly at the combine.  

The first and second rounds are also well stocked with pass rushers.  I think most teams will stick to their boards and not panic if a few come off the board in the Top 10.

I'd say it's unlikely as well, which is why I said either Foster or a DE because everyone in the world seems to think that's where we are going.

Another target would be a WR if none have come off the board.
Reply/Quote
Reuben Foster
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:49 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is a great point. The total money paid for #9 pick is a tad over 17 million. That's a pretty decent cap hit. Best potential value would probably be from a DE, WR or CB.

Screw this. With atop ten pick you don't worry about money. You use the pick that upgrades your team.  Mike Brown rubbing off on the fans. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:45 PM)bengalsnj Wrote: Still think Reuben Foster, even with the Minter signing. I don't think we need to add to a defensive line with two pro-bowlers on it. I believe in Dennard, WJIII and even the safeties.

I've been reading that Foster is a Kuechly level talent. I think it would be hard to pass that up. Also Reddick from Temple.

If there was one good enough, maybe an offensive lineman, but there's nothing worth the ninth pick.

Foster is that kind of talent. That's the pick. Has to be. The kid is unreal on the field. If they reach for taco the draft will be a bust
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2017, 01:12 PM)BengalD Wrote: Ditto!  On top of that - all the squeeler fans I know are now saying the Bengals play "dirty" and they're to rough.  I want another guy with a mean streak to continue the shitsburgh wussification. Foster fits the bill!

And where will he play?  After he spends a year on the bench, that is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes he could -- in the personal foul department.  Reuben Foster is a horrible tackler because he leads with the helmet on almost every tackle he makes.  If the Bengals take him, Paul Guenther has a lot of work to do.  I watched film on Reuben and he rings more bells than the Hunchback of Notre Dame.  He's aggressive -- That's good! -- but he's dirty.  That's  bad.

I agree...leads w/ his head too much & way too many concussions....every time I see him mocked to the bengals I think....I hope not.....
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 04:28 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Foster is that kind of talent. That's the pick. Has to be. The kid is unreal on the field. If they reach for taco the draft will be a bust

Where do you see this man? The dude is small at 229, played with the most talented Defense in the country
which covered for this which also means he wasn't tested near as much, lowers his head when tackling, was an
idiot at the combine, cannot rush the passer, doesn't cause turnovers, i could go on.

The hype this guy gets is unreal.

I am liking Hassan Reddick way more than him who can rush the passer and cover. Plus he isn't tiny for a LB.

(04-08-2017, 11:09 PM)Steve Wrote: I agree...leads w/ his head too much & way too many concussions....every time I see him mocked to the bengals I think....I hope not.....

Same here Steve.
Reply/Quote